Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:31 pm 

Yeah, as far as what I'm interested in goes, that Sacriphyx album will be painfully difficult to top as far as 2013 releases are concerned.

~Guest 152346
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm 

Not that I have too high expectations, but rather curious about Satan's "Life Sentence (being released in April 29th)

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 am 

http://katechon.bandcamp.com/album/man-god-giant This utterly ridiculously covered album is sounding pretty cool, kinda melodic but high speed black/death with a clear, solid sound, but with a little bit of off kilter flavour to keep it from being too sweet, topped off with some catchy d-beat parts. Looks like NWN are going to have two ripping albums right out of the gate, 2013 maybe their first good year in a while.

KC
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 pm 

New Immolation.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 pm 

lord_ghenghis wrote:
Katechon

I forget who showed me this band (I think it was somebody on these forums), but this is indeed quality stuff! I'll listen to the stream later on today, but I'll probably be picking this up without question.

EDIT: It was Aszfargoth, on the previous page! :durr:

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm 

Not trying to derail this thread but will someone please trade with lord_ghengis for his extra copy of the Bastard Priest CD so he can remove it from his signature?

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
Not trying to derail this thread but will someone please trade with lord_ghengis for his extra copy of the Bastard Priest CD so he can remove it from his signature?

hahaha, I thought it was only me! :thumbsup: Maybe if we all chip in we can send 5 bucks to Australia?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm 

Ha I'll take it off sometime soon. I think I left the second copy behind when I moves house so I'd be screwed if someone asked for it.

MetaphysicTransmography
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 pm 

I don't know if Absu is planning on releasing the final part of their Sumerian trilogy, but I'm hoping it will be this year.Does anyone have any info about them recording this year?

Hecate Enthroned is supposed to have something out when they get a new vocalist.Deceased is supposed to have a new album out by the end of this year, so I'm really looking forward to that.I'm also hoping that Melechesh gets an album out this year as well.Hopefully Triptykon will be able to release something too.I'm curious about what Mayhem will do and Cephalic Carnage.I think the new Autopsy won't disappoint.Danzig has a covers album this year...so count me interested for that.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm 

Murder Made God finally announced their upcoming album 'Irreverence' http://gutturaldeath.com/2013/02/22/mur ... w-artwork/ this should be good, been waiting for some time for this...

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 pm 

Stilla - Till Stilla Falla (Armagedda, Bergraven-related) http://youtu.be/P7I7yQzeaXw
Could be nice. Black metal ala Kvist.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 pm 

A new Satan album due to April? With the formation of Court In The Act??? Fuuuuuuuuuuuu... :o

ShadowKamelot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 am 

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but. Septic Flesh.

http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_details.php?id=19522&fb_source=message

I don't know how the hell they're going to top The Great Mass, but I have faith in them. One of the greatest modern Death Metal bands, in my opinion. I can't fucking wait.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:34 am 

ShadowKamelot wrote:

I don't know how the hell they're going to top The Great Mass, but I have faith in them. One of the greatest modern Death Metal bands, in my opinion. I can't fucking wait.

*retrieves hyperventilation bag*

Septicflesh may very well take home album of the year again. Though at this point, I'm almost expecting disappointment. I mean, how can one even improve upon The Great Mass? The wait begins.

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 am 

ShadowKamelot wrote:

Oh fuck yes. I don't know if they'll be able to top the new RC but I doubt it's gonna be any short of awesome, I loved The Great Mass.

ShadowKamelot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:

*retrieves hyperventilation bag*

Septicflesh may very well take home album of the year again. Though at this point, I'm almost expecting disappointment. I mean, how can one even improve upon The Great Mass? The wait begins.

Right?? Even if I am expecting disappointment due to the phenomenal last album, it's probably still going to take album of the year. If they end up topping TGM, then... I don't even know. :bow:

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm 

Supposed to be a new Gargoyle album in April. Thats kinda exciting.
Hehe, foreskins.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am 

reven wrote:
ShadowKamelot wrote:

Oh fuck yes. I don't know if they'll be able to top the new RC but I doubt it's gonna be any short of awesome, I loved The Great Mass.

Sorry who?

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 am 

To have a Carcass album coming is so exciting! I would love to go see them at Damnation in Leeds, if not for the ocean in the way :P Аркона on Canadian tour is fantastic, despite skipping my hometown. Of course next couple days I must get out and buy Darkthrone's newest.

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 am 

IdiotFlesh wrote:
Sorry who?

Rotting Christ. (in case you weren't being sarcastic)

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am 

Looking forward to swedish death-hammer Facebreaker ready to assault with brand new album...

http://nekronospromotion.blogspot.it/20 ... t-and.html

"You make it easy."

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
Looking forward to swedish death-hammer Facebreaker ready to assault with brand new album...

http://nekronospromotion.blogspot.it/20 ... t-and.html

I like Facebreaker okay, but even a mild vocal improvement would make me like them more. I'll be checking this out.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm 

As if my bank account hasn't been taking enough of a hit and won't continue to be, Deathchain's new album after three years - Ritual Death Metal - is another I'll probably add to the list. In spite of being modestly consistent throughout their career, they didn't really start to hit it off with me until '08's Death Eternal. This time around sounds like they've cast off most of their thrash trappings and have gone further into straight death metal with what I assume will be more apparent black metal influences on the other songs as well. A mid-paced, doomy feel going on here.

Like Worms Upon the Lands featuring LG Petrov of Entombed: http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... lg-petrov/

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
As if my bank account hasn't been taking enough of a hit and won't continue to be, Deathchain's new album after three years - Ritual Death Metal - is another I'll probably add to the list. In spite of being modestly consistent throughout their career, they didn't really start to hit it off with me until '08's Death Eternal. This time around sounds like they've cast off most of their thrash trappings and have gone further into straight death metal with what I assume will be more apparent black metal influences on the other songs as well. A mid-paced, doomy feel going on here.

Based on this paragraph, it sounds like the exact opposite of everything I feel about the band and their albums. Their first two albums blow everything else out of the water, and they're best when they have a strong thrash influence. Definitely not interested.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm 

Ulcerate announced yesterday on their Facebook page that they're entering the studio this week to record their next album, due out later this year on Relapse. I think I just had a stroke and two heart attacks from the excitement.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:37 pm 

HRGNH!!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 pm 

Cruciphage wrote:
Ulcerate announced yesterday on their Facebook page that they're entering the studio this week to record their next album, due out later this year on Relapse. I think I just had a stroke and two heart attacks from the excitement.

Saw that as well. They keep things fairly quiet in their camp in spite of now being signed to a larger label. I like that. Keeps an air about them and I think Relapse gets that as well, which is why I don't see the next album as being anything other than another step in the natural evolution of their direction.

Psycroptic's in the pre-production phase of their next album already right now. Although I'm not anticipating an actual release until next year unless Dave Haley doesn't stay on with Pestilence for any live dates or other such circumstances (and even then I could be wrong,) the fact that they're getting back at it this quickly might indicate they've got some really inspired songs in the making. Not that the last album was devoid of them, but it was certainly different. A sidestep moreso than a progression or regression.

Necroticism174 wrote:
HRGNH!!

Indeed.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 am 

Deeds Of Flesh - Portals To Canaan. The samples so far are promising and keeping with a similar brutal death theme from a few other bands using a cleaner sound. Guttural Secrete pulled it off. Devourment did not. Also, Pyrexia has released a new song for their upcoming album this year which sounded good. I've been looking forward to something new from them for quite some time.

Hail Of Bullets are recording and their new one I'm highly anticipating. I've loved every second of their first three releases.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 am 

BastardHead wrote:
]

Based on this paragraph, it sounds like the exact opposite of everything I feel about the band and their albums. Their first two albums blow everything else out of the water, and they're best when they have a strong thrash influence. Definitely not interested.

That's too bad because this new track is killer and I hope LG sounds like this on the next Entombed album.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 am 

!T.O.O.H! , Lantern, Autopsy, Immolation, Grave Upheaval

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:25 am 

Cruciphage wrote:

so stoked for this. along with immolation this is my most anticipated release for the year. and if their consistency thus far is any indication, we should be in for another killer album

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Hail Of Bullets are recording and their new one I'm highly anticipating. I've loved every second of their first three releases.

Interesting. It's quite the contrary for me though. I was pretty much on the fence with their earlier records which, to me, had fleeting moments of good death metal. I'm not trying to discredit the band and their efforts but I didn't seem to enjoy the songs as much as I would've wanted to. Perhaps I should revisit their material since it's been quite sometime since I heard them. With that being said, I still look forward to this.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 am 

Cruciphage wrote:

Didn't they just sign with Willowtip? Either way, I would welcome more Ulcerate into my life.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Didn't they just sign with Willowtip? Either way, I would welcome more Ulcerate into my life.

Nah, they released Everything Is Fire through Willowtip, so they probably fulfilled their contract and moved on.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 pm 

new burzum album along the lines of hliðskjálf. thank your mother for the rabbits!

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/east_ ... moon.shtml

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:35 pm 

Cruciphage wrote:
Dragunov wrote:

Nah, they released Everything Is Fire through Willowtip, so they probably fulfilled their contract and moved on.

Ah, gotcha.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm 

Just listening to Nocte Obducta - Umbriel .....immense!

Captain Ahab
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 am 

Is no one looking forward to the next Ghost release?

Reminds me a lot of Mercyful Fate and....The...Beach Boys?

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 am 

Not really, Ghosts' debut was probably the most over rated doom album of all time. And they reminded me more of Blue Oyster Cult, than MF. Just add a lead singer with corpse paint and satanic lyrics and he's the next King Diamond ?I am looking forward to it only to bash it :P

I am looking forward to Windhand and also new Verminous, anyone here remember 'em ?

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 am 

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind wrote:
I am looking forward to new Verminous, anyone here remember 'em ?

oath, the new track they put it up a few weeks ago was pretty sick, def looking forward to the full thing

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next