Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 pm 

The band doesn't seem to get much discussion around these forums, but Code is a progressive black metal band who, in my eyes, really get the balance between 'interesting' and 'catchy' spot on. They've released a teaser for their upcoming third album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL2Mfa1cHAQ

The teaser itself is fairly inconsequential - it only has material from old albums and what sounds like an intro on it - but nonetheless, a new album is very exciting, even if Kvohst doesn't play a part.

For those new to the band, here's a track off their last album, Resplendent Grotesque:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHFkZLpXaeU

Opinions?

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:35 pm 

Consider me excited. Code has a pretty unique brand of black metal, with a sinister qualia I can't really put my finger on. Catchy melodies, haunting vocals; Resplendent Grotesque was definitely a favorite of mine the year it came out.

As you said, they have a new vocalist... kind of a bummer, since Kvohst's vocals were one of the selling points of the band to me. A little skeptical of the new vocalist given that I've never heard him before, but as always, judgment is reserved. He has quite the shoes to fill, though.

Master_Debater
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:40 pm 

Excellent band. Was pretty surprised that Kvhost left for something so different. (Hexvessel, which is good in its own right.)

Hopefully that new vocalist can preserve that sense of melancholy that the first two albums had.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 pm 

FUCK YES. It's a shame Kvohst and Vicotnik are no longer a part of the band, but since Aort is the main songwriter, they will deliver.

I'm curious to hear the new bassist tho, Vikotnik basslines were one of the things made Code special, besides the vocals.

Reply to topic