Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetalEddie666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:32 pm 

Hey I was just wondering if there is cd verisons of iron maidens singles or some sort of compaction that has their b-sides on a cd.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 pm 

You're aware that this site lists bands discographies, right?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Iro ... #ui-tabs-5

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 pm 

Eddie's Archive is your answer. It's not complete though, but it'll go some way to helping you. It does miss some great tracks, such as Virus, More Tea Vicar and the bands cover of Hocus Pocus. It also misses the interesting orchestral versions of some of the Dance of Death era songs.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

MetalEddie666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
Eddie's Archive is your answer. It's not complete though, but it'll go some way to helping you. It does miss some great tracks, such as Virus, More Tea Vicar and the bands cover of Hocus Pocus. It also misses the interesting orchestral versions of some of the Dance of Death era songs.

Hey thanks. But aleast it gives me the first half of their singles and b-sides. Hopefully they release another one for the second half of their career. I am kinda completest when it comes to my favorite bands like iron maiden and such. lol.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 am 

you've seen the world's biggest iron maiden collection?
i was looking at it the other day [there may have been a link in here somewhere] really really serious collector ha ha i think he was german?

jedimasterhassan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 am 

eddie's archive came out before dance of death, so thats why the orchestra tracks aren't on it. but it is a great boxset, the b-sides and rarities are awesome, but the 2 live cds are my favorite part. ussually im a bit eh when it cames to live albums, but its a few live shows from their first tour in 1980, as well as the live in hammersmith from the number of the beast tour

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:49 pm 

For some reason Eddie's Archives is lacking Mission from 'Arry (2 Minutes to Midnight b-side) and Massacre (Can I Play with Madness b-side). Massacre was a cover, so maybe they couldn't get the rights again. Dunno about the other one.

Prattlehead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm 

I wish they would re-release Eddie's Archive.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:26 am 

GTog wrote:
For some reason Eddie's Archives is lacking Mission from 'Arry (2 Minutes to Midnight b-side) and Massacre (Can I Play with Madness b-side). Massacre was a cover, so maybe they couldn't get the rights again. Dunno about the other one.

Why do you need rights to release a cover?

Prattlehead wrote:
I wish they would re-release Eddie's Archive.

A re-release with an update would be fantastic. They've got enough material just as bonus tracks and single b-sides alone to make a box set which would last over five hours. The biggest crime of the first b-sides release was the material the cds lacked. They've also released 3 studio albums since then, and released quite a few more epic B-sides along with them.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Reply to topic