* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 pm 

Here you can listen to the full album:

http://www.rockerilla.com/?p=8462

Wow, it sounds quite good, much more raw than the previous one but with good melodies, at least in 4 songs. Thoughts???

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm 

Can't listen yet, but that is the worst album title ever. So are they back to black/doom or does he still want to be a melodeath/alt rock band?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm 

I've been out of the loop regarding the band's newer albums, but the songs I heard off this sound very close to Shining's material. It's always been like that to some degree, but some of the riffs even sounded very familiar. What a meaty bass, too. Album title is really bad, but this stuff reminded me of the first two albums. If you guys like Shining and the band's past use of harmonics, then you'll probably like this album a lot.

Listen to the first track "Deprived" and you'll know what I mean. It's the same cool Forgotten Tomb of old. Album as a whole is pretty flat sounding, though.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Wombface
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 pm 

I approached this album very cautiously as they're one of my favorite bands because I wasn't very impressed with their last offering. This one's not bad at all, certainly better than the last one, but still, nothing that comes close to matching their early material. This album's pace is a lot faster than the Forgotten Tomb of old, and I think that's the main element that I miss from the old albums. I liked the slow, drawling riffs and the tortured screams and suicidal atmosphere projected in the 2002-2004 material. I don't feel like these elements are present anymore. It took a little while for the album to pick up for me. I'll need another few listens for sure but after "Deprived", there's not much that I remember until "Love Me Like You'd Love The Death". Also, the acoustic guitar elements on this record seem to be more prevalent than ever before. It's a welcomed change or addition if you will, since it does compensate a bit for the lack of thoughtful riffs. Overall, it's an enjoyable record but there's been a lot of better offerings this year. This might grow on me a little bit after a few more listens though.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am 

Holy fuck what a lame album title.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 am 

Well, the album title is lame but I really like the cover. Dont you?

The album is quite good, not a masterpiece, but its a great improvement from the last album, which contains 3 really good songs but the rest was mediocre. Anyway their first two albums are untouchable, truly masterpieces of the genre(being SD the best of the hole genre).

Reply to topic