Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm 

adders11 wrote:
Naturally, the multistory car parks in the station were so full that there was a massive queue of traffic for people just waiting to get in them (I doubt these people were trying to get to the same gig), and it was something like one car every five minutes was LEAVING the car park. It was a joke. I sat for at least 3/4 of an hour before I got anywhere near the car park entrance, and by that time it was probably past 8PM. If I did get to the venue I would've been lucky to have even caught the last song the way things were, so I gave up and turned round.

Obviously I should have planned in advance; read up on traffic reports, left hours earlier etc., or found a different car park but I didn't think like that and I didn't know my way around Wolvo. I was pissed off for about a week, and I still haven't seen Manowar.

That is about how my Monsters of Rock misadventures went. Beyond frustrating, and the thing is even if I HAD managed to park and get inside, I would have already missed most of the show anyway, in my case I might have caught half of Van Hagar's set, so what would have been the point? One thing I've learned from all this is in logistical situations like this, to plan ahead or scout the trip before hand, especially if it's at a bigger venue. Maybe there was some other attraction at Woverhamption that night- a soccer match, or something like that (Didnt they have a premier-league team for a while?) that tied up all the parking.

adders11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
adders11 wrote:
Naturally, the multistory car parks in the station were so full that there was a massive queue of traffic for people just waiting to get in them (I doubt these people were trying to get to the same gig), and it was something like one car every five minutes was LEAVING the car park. It was a joke. I sat for at least 3/4 of an hour before I got anywhere near the car park entrance, and by that time it was probably past 8PM. If I did get to the venue I would've been lucky to have even caught the last song the way things were, so I gave up and turned round.

Obviously I should have planned in advance; read up on traffic reports, left hours earlier etc., or found a different car park but I didn't think like that and I didn't know my way around Wolvo. I was pissed off for about a week, and I still haven't seen Manowar.

That is about how my Monsters of Rock misadventures went. Beyond frustrating, and the thing is even if I HAD managed to park and get inside, I would have already missed most of the show anyway, in my case I might have caught half of Van Hagar's set, so what would have been the point? One thing I've learned from all this is in logistical situations like this, to plan ahead or scout the trip before hand, especially if it's at a bigger venue. Maybe there was some other attraction at Woverhamption that night- a soccer match, or something like that (Didnt they have a premier-league team for a while?) that tied up all the parking.

I couldn't say what it was. There could well have been an event going on - I don't live in a major city, but it did seem unusually busy, especially considering it was a Sunday. 'Course, I didn't really take any notice at the time as I was thoroughly annoyed!

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm 

I had bought two tickets to see Rhapsody, Alestorm and another band play at Empire in Springfield VA. Got the tickets ready, car's working fine, running on time to not miss a damn thing and then we get hit with a fucking hurricane. Decimated my area and the show stayed on so a refund wasn't even an option.

Fuck rain.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 pm 

Me and my mate went to see Defiled (jap) and when we got to the venue after a 4 hour drive, my mate had forgotten his wallet and the security wouldn't let him in, so he watched the whole show from outside the pub looking in the window, i felt so bad but i couldn't miss it so i went it, awesome show, got to talk to the band members but the conversation was lacking, they didn't understand our English very well ha ha, but the Australian accent can slang words alot haha

Strat_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:57 am 

I miss the Wacken Festival 2010.
My car broke 80km before the festival place..
I bought two tickets (my gf and I), well about 300€ for nothing :-/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2