Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:18 pm 

Quote:
AFM Records
*** RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT ***
OZ Official: “Transition State” to be released via AFM Records on October 27th in the US/ October 20th in the EU.

Finnish Heavy Metal cult band OZ is back! More than five years after the re-start of their career with the ”Burning Leather” release, the band led my founding member and drummer Mark Ruffneck finally delivers the anticipated new studio album (their first all new songs album since 1991!), titled "Transition State" (out in the US on October 27th/ EU on October 20th). And OZ doesn't fail to impress with thirteen cracking and fresh, traditional Metal tracks of immensely high quality. Even though Ruffneck is the last remaining member left from the original line-up, OZ are as strong as ever and continue to haunt you with the relentless, uncompromising sound they are known for!

OZ line-up:

Mark Ruffneck - Drums & Percussion
Vince Kojvula - Vocals
Johnny Gross - Guitar
Juzzy Kangas - Guitar
Peppy Peltola - Bass

Tracklist:

1. Bone Crusher
2. Restless
3. Heart Of A Beast
4. Drag You To Hell
5. Whore Of Babylon (Bonus Track)
6. The Witch
7. In A Shadow Of A Shotgun
8. Never Close Your Eyes
9. The Mountain
10. Demonized
11. We'll Never Die
12. Sister Red (Bonus Track)
13. Midnight Screams (Bonus Track)

Pre-order: https://shop.afm-records.de/oz/

https://www.facebook.com/dustin.hardman ... 3849244593

Album cover:

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:14 am 

Got to get this. Fire in the Brain is a great album - some kind of a classic maybe - and Burning Leather was cool too.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am 

I've heard and liked both Fire in the Brain and Burning Leather, and I'm not sure how they'll work without Ape de Martini as the singer now. But I'm curious.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:26 pm 

the comeback was good but the lineup is completely revamped now too.
They were also really good at KIT 2012, like i barely knew em before the gig but they were utterly convincing.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:42 am 

Actually Ape De Martini not being the vocalist bothers me a little. Man could sing, and looked like a fucking warlord, with those blades and muscles and all (in the 80's). Hopefully the new guy can fill his shoes.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:02 am 

New song 'Restless' on their Facebook page. It's okay, kind of more rockish than some of the previous stuff. Middle section and solo were the best parts for me.

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:02 pm 

Funny there's an upside cross on the album cover. Isn't there some famous trivia about them where "after Oz got a royalty check for Turn the Cross Upside Down in the amount of 666 SEK, Jay C. Blade decided to stop writing Satanic songs." Maybe they out grew that superstition. Dave Mustaine should really take a lesson from them and start playing the deep cuts from Peace Sells again. And then maybe, just maybe we can get James Hetfield to fall off the wagon, haha.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0cX4B182fA

I enjoy it, its nothing innovating but somehow they do manage to do it better than the average band anyway.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 am 

putrenista wrote:
Funny there's an upside cross on the album cover. Isn't there some famous trivia about them where "after Oz got a royalty check for Turn the Cross Upside Down in the amount of 666 SEK, Jay C. Blade decided to stop writing Satanic songs." Maybe they out grew that superstition. Dave Mustaine should really take a lesson from them and start playing the deep cuts from Peace Sells again. And then maybe, just maybe we can get James Hetfield to fall off the wagon, haha.

Jay C. Blade isn't in the band anymore, BUT there was a new version of Turn the Cross... on Burning Leather. So yeah, maybe they don't take that shit so seriously anymore, just playing good songs and having good time.

Reply to topic