Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:02 pm 

TheDarkHarvest wrote:
I'll just go with reissue. It looks to nice to be an original, but to legitimate to be a bootleg

Too nice? Often represses have mistakes that weren't present on the original. That version of DMDS is pretty crap, since they left out the lyrics and the artwork looks a bit flat, not to mention the logo on the cover is all fucked up and missing a lot of detail around the edges.

A lot of Century Black and Metal Blade's versions of black metal CDs omitted the lyrics - the first two Dark Funeral albums and Lord Belial's "Enter the Moonlight Gate" being another couple of examples. No idea why, perhaps they were worried about religious censorship in the good ol' Bible thumping USA :roll:

TheDarkHarvest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 am 

Haha, I meant by too nice as in not damaged enough/doesn't look old.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:15 am 

:lol: Gotcha. Mine is a Century Black pressing, there's no "Distributed by RED" on the back and it has the "A Tribute To Euronymous" legend on the back which seems to be missing from the first CB press. Mine has a mould SID code of IFPI 2341. Got it in probably 1998 or '99 so i'm guessing it's a repress from somewhere between '94 and then, and they fixed that omission on the back cover while they were at it.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am 

Are there any info about bootleg of Kaamos / Kaamos Candlelight UK?
Just got one, kind of dont like printing quality, here is matrix (no info or foto on discogs at all)

Spoiler: show

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:56 pm 

That seems to match the promo and not the US version so if anything it'll be the UK version
http://www.discogs.com/Kaamos-Kaamos/release/5105914

I found 2 photos but neither show the matrix, I did ask for more info on the respective Discogs pages though
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img840/7965/jzzd.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img856/517/cb2n.jpg

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:20 am 

It was sold like UK version, looks more or less like on foto you've posted.
Probably i became too suspicious, he he, but better safe then sorry

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:33 am 

No need to apologise for using this thread for its intended purpose ;)

Both Kaamos albums seem to be OOP now so it wouldn't surprise me if bootlegs popped up...

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 am 

And no IFPI at all, could somebody check legal copy of this Kaamos CD?

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 pm 

Looks fine to me. Can you post a pic of the label side? It's not meant to have an IFPI code anyway.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:15 am 

chaossphere wrote:
Looks fine to me. Can you post a pic of the label side? It's not meant to have an IFPI code anyway.

Photos:

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 pm 

On the first pressing of Leeway's "Born To Expire" (PCD-1257) is the first track "Rise and Fall/Mark of the Squealer" indexed as one track or is it split up into two separate tracks?. I heard the European version (FILECD 257) of this CD lists the tracks as one track on the CD/back inlay (like the US version) but splits them up on the actual disc. I was wondering it this is the case with the US version or do we get one long track on the disc?

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:12 pm 

AcidMind wrote:
chaossphere wrote:

Photos:

Yeah that's fine, also looks like the case has a fair bit of wear. The print is fine too, that sort of intentionally degraded look was quite common when that CD came out, similar to what Marduk and Deathspell Omega were doing.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 am 

Gorgasm / Orgy Of Murder
Got today copy of this CD, printing is very dark and different matrix (IFPI ZN11 + MCOM letters), any clues?

Scourge of God
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:02 pm 

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, so I hope I am posting this in the correct forum/thread.

I have been surfing around the web and looking at various Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life cd's. I see a lot of people selling theirs as the original pressing, but it has the Metal Blade logo printed on the back cover. Mine does not. Everything else looks the same except for the missing Metal Blade logo. I bought mine when it first came out, and mine just has the "Death Records" logo and the "Caroline" label. I believe the cat. # is CAROL CD 1900. The CD itself is the traditional silver with red ink printing and no Metal Blade logo on it...just Death Records and Caroline. In very small print on the bottom of the cd it does say "1990 Metal Blade Records." as well as CAROL CD 1900.

Could anyone be kind enough to clear this up for me and let me know which version I have? I still have the cardboard longbox it came in.

Thanks kindly.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:06 pm 

Have you checked Discogs, bud? Great site for this type of question.

Scourge of God
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm 

I never thought of looking there for some odd reason, I just thought I'd find it here and since I didn't I thought I'd ask. Thanks for pointing me in that direction as it answered my question.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:57 pm 

I googled this and it seems some people believe it to be first press and some believe the Metal Blade/Death one to be the first. Possibly they were even simultaneous releases.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm 

AcidMind wrote:
Gorgasm / Orgy Of Murder
Got today copy of this CD, printing is very dark and different matrix (IFPI ZN11 + MCOM letters), any clues?

You have a response over at Discogs mate, either way that info can't just be tacked onto the other release - it's unique
ZN mould SID codes are typical of Mcom but the matrix is a little different than 'expected' so it may be a repress or reissue.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 am 

Anyone else have a Relapse press of Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood with a yellow background/black print disc, pressed by Disc Manufacturers USA? My old one was black on silver, so this is either a repress or alternate pressing.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:11 pm 

Scourge of God wrote:
I never thought of looking there for some odd reason, I just thought I'd find it here and since I didn't I thought I'd ask. Thanks for pointing me in that direction as it answered my question.

I think here you will get better quality replies than what you find on Discogs. The Death Records/Caroline Version can also be considered as firstpress as it came out the same time. It it just a licensed version and there also exists one for "Butchered..."
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 pm 

Unless Discogs is completely full of shit, Caroline released the first couple of pressings of Butchered.. and Metal Blade didn't release their version until 1994. IIRC Metal Blade basically became a sub-label Caroline but it only lasted a couple of years, kinda like the failed Earache/Columbia merger. I guess both of the bigger labels quickly realized you can only shift so many units of any given death metal album.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 pm 

chaossphere wrote:
Anyone else have a Relapse press of Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood with a yellow background/black print disc, pressed by Disc Manufacturers USA? My old one was black on silver, so this is either a repress or alternate pressing.

Yes and no, my disc has a black and white image [skeleton of some poor beast] and the matrix is DADR [Canada]

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Yes and no, my disc has a black and white image [skeleton of some poor beast] and the matrix is DADR [Canada]

Mine is the same image, just yellow background instead of black. The black on silver one I had is probably the first press since I ordered that album pretty much as soon as it was released in '96..

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:37 pm 

chaossphere wrote:
Unless Discogs is completely full of shit, Caroline released the first couple of pressings of Butchered.. and Metal Blade didn't release their version until 1994. IIRC Metal Blade basically became a sub-label Caroline but it only lasted a couple of years, kinda like the failed Earache/Columbia merger. I guess both of the bigger labels quickly realized you can only shift so many units of any given death metal album.

Well at least in Europe the Metal Blade version was available directly after the release. Maybe it was different in the Americas.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:36 pm 

Asti78 wrote:

Well at least in Europe the Metal Blade version was available directly after the release. Maybe it was different in the Americas.

Yeah, it was a US-only distribution deal. Same as the Earache/Columbia thing, that was only in the US. Then after the deals ended, both labels reissued everything from that period.

I should also ask, on this subject: were the European original issues of the albums from Butchered onwards released uncensored in Europe? I know Eaten Back To Life was, but i've only ever seen censored versions of the Music For Nations licensed versions of BAB and TOTM. In fact, back in those days those were the only versions you'd ever see in stores here. All my copies of those CDs are uncensored but I bought them all in 1994/1995, which is when US imports started becoming more common.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 pm 

My Cannibal Corpse tapes were all uncensored back then!

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:57 pm 

Yeah I guess you had Real Groovy though. The stores in smaller places were pretty much universally shit when it came to metal, they didn't start importing anything much from the US until mid 90s and even then it was inconsistent. Roadrunner and Music For Nations had fairly decent distribution but a lot of stuff was damn near impossible to find.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 pm 

I used to get stuff from the World Music Club mail order catalogue :nods:
So the stuff I had may have been US or EUR who knows, I'd say US most likely.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:48 pm 

Fucking hell, I don't remember anything that brutal being in their catalog, unless they dropped all the good stuff by the time I joined. They never seemed to have anything that wasn't on a major label.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:07 pm 

chaossphere wrote:
Asti78 wrote:

Yeah, it was a US-only distribution deal. Same as the Earache/Columbia thing, that was only in the US. Then after the deals ended, both labels reissued everything from that period.

I should also ask, on this subject: were the European original issues of the albums from Butchered onwards released uncensored in Europe? I know Eaten Back To Life was, but i've only ever seen censored versions of the Music For Nations licensed versions of BAB and TOTM. In fact, back in those days those were the only versions you'd ever see in stores here. All my copies of those CDs are uncensored but I bought them all in 1994/1995, which is when US imports started becoming more common.

All early Cannibal Corpse releases were initially in Europe uncensored concerning the cover art. "Eaten back" was released identically to the US Version, "Butchered" and "Tomb" had a non-gore cover on the first page of the booklet and the Original Art was on page 2. The Vinyls have printed inner sleeves with original artwork. And in comparison to "Eaten..." the booklet did not include lyrics (up to "The Bleeding").
All 3 releases were only for sale for people with age over 18 (at least in Germany).
From "Vile" until including "The wretched spawn" the German versions did no longer come with the original artwork due to fear of being censored by authorities as the first 3 albums have been.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm 

Yeah Australian issues of some Cannibal Corpse albums are like that, ie Bloodthirst was in a black jewelcase with stickers on it. They got banned from being imported into Australia for a while so Shock made their own licensed versions combining the first 2 albums on one CD and Tomb of the Mutilated with the Hammer Smashed Face EP on another, both with all lyrics and artwork intact (including the origina HSF artwork). Luckily I have the original uncensored US versions of all those CDs, those are definitely the best ones.

It's funny to think how much Cannibal Corpse got picked on back in those days, it was actually illegal for stores to stock them on shelves in NZ in the 90s but they were allowed to stock them behind the counter available on request, and you had to be over 18 to buy them. All this shit happened because some teenage ADD case threatened to kill his mother and the cops found a Cannibal Corpse CD in his bedroom when they arrested him :roll: Meanwhile bands like Broken Hope and Autopsy were just as bad if not worse, but somehow they flew under the radar completely.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:21 pm 

Unrelated but back whenever... the bloke at my regular music shop was into metal but the shop was catalogued alphabetically [not by style] so he'd go around and face up the entire shop with metal bands of that letter!
They gave him a section for just metal which I thought was wicked, they had staff picks too and the thing was just chocka with metal :metal:

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:15 pm 

Wonderland in Lower Hutt was wicked.. I only went there once in 1998, and they had a fuckton of CDs that are now the sort of thing people remortgage their houses to buy.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 pm 

Im trying to identify my Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return CD. The Barcode is 701301000323 and the catalog # is NCD 0003-2 UX. The back says © 1996 wintrup/EMI © 1996 Modern Music Records gmbh. There's also a website and email address for Noise Records. The barcode and catalog # match up with the didgipak that includes Apocalyptic Raids, but mine is the 11 track jewel case. Does anyone else have this pressing or know anything about it?

untappd: patrick_g

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm 

It's probably one of a million represses, got any matrix info? preferably a photo too.
Have you looked at Discogs yet? my experience with these Celtic Frost, Sodom, Destruction, etc represses on Noise is they are annoying due to so many minor variations, often the only difference between them is the matrix :annoyed:

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 pm 

Yeah I checked discogs. That's how I found out that the numbers match up with the digipak. I'll post the rest of the info when I can.

untappd: patrick_g

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 pm 

http://www.discogs.com/Celtic-Frost-Morbid-Tales-Emperors-Return/release/1188788

NO 003-2ux
NCD 0003-2 UX

your cat # is quite different, I asked for some more info there, we'll see what happens

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:31 am 

Today i got Gorgoroth / Antichrist, was sold as Malicious records release, has no ifpi and matrix is "DISENTERY"
Any ideas?

Dio_For_Ever
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:04 pm 

Dio_For_Ever wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:
Pantera - Power Metal bootleg matrix photo

it will be great if someone can add the official/original matrix to compare!!!

still waiting for the matrix/runout from the official release so we can compare!!!!

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:54 am 

AcidMind wrote:
Today i got Gorgoroth / Antichrist, was sold as Malicious records release, has no ifpi and matrix is "DISENTERY"
Any ideas?

Nobody?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 65  Next