DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 am 

Thanks to both of you! DigitalDictator, here's the image:
Spoiler: show

DigitalDictator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 pm 

My matrix is slightly different (CD 001 MPO 02 @@ 12 01) but the font is identical, so I think you have a legit copy ;)

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:57 pm 

DigitalDictator wrote:
My matrix is slightly different (CD 001 MPO 02 @@ 12 01) but the font is identical, so I think you have a legit copy ;)

Awesome! I'm sure they're just slightly different editions released around the same time. I realized my Noise Watchtower CD has a similar matrix and was afraid that it was a boot made by the same person, but now I'm no longer worried :)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:34 pm 

There's a load of official Control And Resistance editions. I also have one with a similar matrix that happens to be the late nineties reissue, already with the email address on the back cover.

But to be sure just buy the Divebomb reissue, that'll do it. :p

DigitalDictator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm 

DestruicaoMetalica: in my copy of Gates of Purgatory, track 9 is cut at 4:37, while fading out... does it happen in your copy too? thanks in advance!!

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm 

androdion wrote:
There's a load of official Control And Resistance editions. I also have one with a similar matrix that happens to be the late nineties reissue, already with the email address on the back cover.

But to be sure just buy the Divebomb reissue, that'll do it. :p

Yeah, that's the edition I've got as well - I thought it was an original for the longest time and was instantly bummed when I noticed the email. I've noticed Divebomb doing a lot of killer releases lately, that reminds me that I've gotta pick up the Scanner and Deathrow reissues. Great that these impossible to find classics are finally getting a proper re-release!
DigitalDictator wrote:
DestruicaoMetalica: in my copy of Gates of Purgatory, track 9 is cut at 4:37, while fading out... does it happen in your copy too? thanks in advance!!

I haven't listened to it in a real long time, but I definitely remember that happening, that exact timing in the track certainly rings a bell. I saw a large, thick scratch near where that track would be located on the CD so I figured that was what caused it, but I guess I was wrong!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 am 

Just realized that I have a fake copy of Crematory's Act Seven. The CD says it's a Massacre Records release copyright 2007 but when I checked on their website it doesn't have it listed as one of their releases. Damn that blows. :annoyed:

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 am 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Just realized that I have a fake copy of Crematory's Act Seven. The CD says it's a Massacre Records release copyright 2007 but when I checked on their website it doesn't have it listed as one of their releases. Damn that blows. :annoyed:

Considering it was released on Nuclear Blast... :roll:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 am 

androdion wrote:

Considering it was released on Nuclear Blast... :roll:

Yeah well until recently I wasn't really into making sure what I bought was real and I'm pretty sure I bought it online from amazon or something like that. It just meefs me that it is fake that's all.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm 

Does anyone know what the earliest pressing of Running Wild's Death or Glory was that received the Wild Animal bonus tracks? Or whether eBay user postalmadness is legit?

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:00 am 

Mate, be sure its original not fake. Some re-released or re-issued cds not mentioned on the band's or Label's site, maybe they state it as news on their pages. In addition to Act seven isnt a rare and expensive cd and can be found easily in many platforms therefore its in vain act to produce it as fake or bootleg and sell.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:55 am 

welten wrote:
Hi all!
i have a Tiamat "Sumerian cry " cd, MetalCore

matrix AREACEM DIGIP CMFT 6 ifpi1A01

on label - made in england
Text around the top edge of the label - made in france
back cover - printed in france

very hope what it's not bootleg ;)

First press one is on CMFT and its without any IFPI. The Second press is on Metal Core without any IFPI. Your cd is not a Bootleg but its a Re-Press of Second press (Due to its IFPI)

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 am 

XcKyle93 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased Garden of Shadow's "Heart of The Corona" from an individual on eBay from Bulgaria. It was not their self-released Casette; it was the CD from X-Rated Records. The CD seems legitimate, but there's one thing that's bothering me: I've read that the release is supposed to be an MCD, which I believe is a mini-CD. The thing is, the CD I have is definitely not a MCD; it's standard size. I don't think that GoS is that sought after of a band for people to create bootlegs.

Could someone help me out here?

MCD does not refer to shape and physical of cd, it refers to time, tracks and pages of booklet and price of cd!!!(time is between 15-30 min and booklet usually has 4 pages and the number of track is 3-6 Tracks and in normal case MCD is cheaper than normal CD) And it is released as Normal CD or 3" inch CD or Sleeve card version. But most of them were/are released as Normal CD and few as Sleeve card and 3" Inch version.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:26 pm 

Two questions:

1. Is there a bootleg edition of the first Saint Vitus album on SST Records? If yes how can you tell the bootleg from the original?
2. As far as I know there are 3 versions of the 2CD reissue of both Holy Terror albums but supposedly each one of them has some problems with skipping on one of the discs. Is this correct or is there a proper/good version you should buy? Or just stick to the expensive as hell Japan editions?

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 am 

Thanks, Grief_Of_Adoration! :)

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:49 pm 

welten wrote:
Thanks, Grief_Of_Adoration! :)

Welcome my friend ;)

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:45 am 

Please guys i need some help in finding an Death Metal album and i don't really know if this is the right place to ask.
I've completely forgotten the name of the band(i remember it's not English) and the album title, but i have vague recollections of the cover art.
Its two guys(i think) wearing leather jackets, with bullet belts. The photograph was taken in the woods and looks more like a Black Metal album cover. I think it was released in the early 2000s

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:57 pm 

are there any known bootlegs made for Dawn - slaughtersun and the ep sorgh....?

/magnus

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:29 pm 

Tormented666 wrote:

/magnus

No idea, but as far as I know there aren't. And if they do exist then they should be very recent. Why do you ask?

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 am 

androdion wrote:
Tormented666 wrote:

/magnus

No idea, but as far as I know there aren't. And if they do exist then they should be very recent. Why do you ask?

just to be sure to bid/buy on originals...

how about Lord Belial - enter the moonlight gate? I bought a release with NFR020 020705118 matrix runout. not listed on discogs so am wondering.....

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 am 

As I said, I don't think people have been bootlegging Dawn CDs, or at least if they were it's pretty unheard of. Enter The Moonlight Gate is an example of an album that isn't very rare, plus not everything is on Discogs (you wish!). The more evident fields to get bootlegs is on old school/rare thrash and black metal albums. It's the most common place for bootleggers to dwell upon. That and stuff that's OOP for immense time and suddenly appears, snap, just like that. Dawn's albums, albeit very expensive, are always up for sale very regularly. Bid with confidence! But if you want my advice get the Slaughtersun compilation, it's much more worth it than tracking down each individual release. ;)

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 am 

androdion wrote:
As I said, I don't think people have been bootlegging Dawn CDs, or at least if they were it's pretty unheard of. Enter The Moonlight Gate is an example of an album that isn't very rare, plus not everything is on Discogs (you wish!). The more evident fields to get bootlegs is on old school/rare thrash and black metal albums. It's the most common place for bootleggers to dwell upon. That and stuff that's OOP for immense time and suddenly appears, snap, just like that. Dawn's albums, albeit very expensive, are always up for sale very regularly. Bid with confidence! But if you want my advice get the Slaughtersun compilation, it's much more worth it than tracking down each individual release. ;)

great stuff! thx for the replies =)

Colonel Kurtz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 am 

Hello!
I just bought Voivod: Rrröööaaarrr, and i wonder if it's a bootleg.
I didn't find the version of this CD on Musik-sammler and on Discogs.
The barcode is: 4006030004038
Matrix code: CD NO0403 11976
IFPI: LV31, RZ03, RZ01

Anybody could tell me more about this CD?

PS: sorry for my bad english

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:30 am 

seance - fornever laid to rest 1992 cd
anyone know of any other black mark presses beside the 2 on discogs?
My matrix is A0100682981-0101 11 Sony DADC IFPI L551

thx....

Last edited by Tormented666 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:49 pm 

Colonel Kurtz wrote:
Hello!
I just bought Voivod: Rrröööaaarrr, and i wonder if it's a bootleg.
I didn't find the version of this CD on Musik-sammler and on Discogs.
The barcode is: 4006030004038
Matrix code: CD NO0403 11976
IFPI: LV31, RZ03, RZ01

Anybody could tell me more about this CD?

PS: sorry for my bad english

Got a catalogue number and label for us?
It's possibly just a repress or reissue...

I think you'll find IFPI: LV31 is IFPI LU31
Looks like it was made by http://www.discogs.com/label/3BC

Where did you buy it from and how was it sold to you? eg was it sold as an 'original' or 'first press' etc?

snopale
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:23 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151056896198?ss ... 882wt_2673

IS IT REAL OR BOOTLEG THIS DEBUT CD OF BURZUM?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:36 pm 

From China?! I wouldn't touch it myself...

CD Identification, Matrix & Bootleg Help Thread

emperor_zola
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 pm 

I bought from this seller, he's not a fraud. He buys his stuff from European sellers, and the re-selling it for extra profit. This CD can be a bootleg though... I'm not a burzum professionalist.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:19 pm 

Looking at the images from Discogs and comparing it to the pictures provided by the seller shows a discrepancy in the matrix numbers of the two:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=413444

The seller's copy doesn't have the "DURECO [1]" preceding the catalog number, and there's also a space in "ANTIMOSH" where it should be one word.

I wouldn't go for it, if I were you.

emperor_zola
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:21 pm 

brilliant work here!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:51 pm 

Yeah, that matrix is obvious a fake. Stay away!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 pm 

Seller reported?

LuciferianImperium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 pm 

Hello, noticed someone on here mentioning a possible bootleg of Gorgut's Obscura. I actually bought from the same seller last year and I'm pretty sure it's a fake but figured i'd verify first. It was 25$, a bargain.... if it's real.
Notice how The Art of Sombre Ecstasy is misspelled as arc. Maybe it's just me but the colors appear to be a different shade of green. Thanks.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 pm 

The colours don't look quite right, especially the rear cover
In the matrix can you make out any other text, possibly 'stamped' or etched too?

La Vie Est Prélude... has ... on the end but is missing from yours

That matrix font is wrong too and the bands are different colours but that's hard to tell in your photo
But definitely the font!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:02 pm 

Somewhat related: Are there more bootlegging going on on Amazon then on Ebay?

Rule of thumb; if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

LuciferianImperium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 pm 

Nope can't see anything on the matrix. Was a pain in the ass to take that stupid photo.
So I take it it's official I am the shamed owner of a bootleg, sucks I spent forever looking for a affordable version of Obscura. Art is also misspelled as arc on the tray artwork. Going to try and get my money back on amazon.
For anyone interested the sellers name was hfstyui.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:48 pm 

Yeah? my copy here has some other info in it too: http://www.discogs.com/release/4246647

Barcode: 6 00863 31292 2
Matrix / Runout: 008 633 129-2 01 ! C
Mastering SID Code: IFPI L005
Mould SID Code: IFPI 0367
Other (Mould Stamp): MADE IN USA BY PMDC

The last two entries are pressed into the plastic
Also the C in the Matrix / Runout: 008 633 129-2 01 ! C is etched

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 pm 

StratGuy888 wrote:
Wrong.

Anything's possible given enough time and money.....

The only way they could make a CD 100 percent impossible to copy would be to make it impossible to actually listen to.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:51 am 

AppleQueso wrote:
The only way they could make a CD 100 percent impossible to copy would be to make it impossible to actually listen to.

Metallica's anti-piracy strategy has been even more comprehensive than I'd realized.

snopale
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:22 am 

Many thanx for your info comrades in darkness!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 65  Next