http://www.deathtoall.info/

HiroshimaVacation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 pm 

huh...

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm 

It would be cool if it was more then just 5 shows. Id pay to see this. And to clearify, this isnt an actual reunion per say.

Last edited by TheIbexMoon666 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm 

That ad/video/press release doesn't really explain very much. An evening with some former Death members... Okay, so are they playing a show? One would assume something of that nature, but the video is rather vague. Also, only 20% of sales go to whatever charity that was? I like a lot of those guys and respect Chuck's legacy, but this seems mostly like a cash grab to me.

Lightsbane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 pm 

Personally, I don't like how it's being billed as 'Death'. If anything its more like a tribute to Chuck/Death's legacy than anything else.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 pm 

Billing this band as Death is like billing that band Dio Disciples as Dio.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 am 

Death was Chuck Schuldiner and a bunch of other guys. But the "bunch of other guys" cant be Death without Chuck Schudiner. And Chuck Schuldiner ain't coming back anytime soon. So if they called themselves something like "The Deaths" or the "Individual Thought Patterns" and billed the show as a tribute to Death, it would work. But the point is Death was one guy, who is now gone, and since the band never really had any other permanant members it wont work to call it a "re-union." (well, maybe the 'original' Death had a permanant line up at the very beginning, but will these guys stick soley to pre-"Scream Bloody Gore" material, probably not.) It would be as silly as one of Quorthon's session musicians trying to "re-form" Bathory.

With that said, this still might be interesting and worth seeing- you just gotta market it correctly.

FASHIONME
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Billing this band as Death is like billing that band Dio Disciples as Dio.

I think tey'll use the name Death To All.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:11 am 

Quote:
This is not a "reunion"

Your title kind of falls down a bit there, OP.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Deathshred66609
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 am 

It's gonna be awesome!

Obviously Chuck isn't playing but it will be as close as you can get with members from different eras performing.

The drums will be handled by Gene Hoglan (Individual Thought Patterns/Symbolic) and Sean Reinert (Human). On bass will be Steve DiGiorgio (Human/Individual Thought Patterns) and Scott Clendenin (The Sound of Perseverance). Guitar duties will be shared by Paul Masvidal (Human), Shannon Hamm (The Sound of Perseverance) and Bobby Koelble (Symbolic).

As far as you doubters thinking its all about $$$. So wrong.
This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund – a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.

Its a great opportunity to see some of the best Death Metal ever live as close as it could get to the original as it possibly can...
& a chance for some new blood to see some great musicians exposing you to the old school way!

americanholocaust
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 am 

Deathshred66609 wrote:
It's gonna be awesome!

Obviously Chuck isn't playing but it will be as close as you can get with members from different eras performing.

The drums will be handled by Gene Hoglan (Individual Thought Patterns/Symbolic) and Sean Reinert (Human). On bass will be Steve DiGiorgio (Human/Individual Thought Patterns) and Scott Clendenin (The Sound of Perseverance). Guitar duties will be shared by Paul Masvidal (Human), Shannon Hamm (The Sound of Perseverance) and Bobby Koelble (Symbolic).

As far as you doubters thinking its all about $$$. So wrong.
This tour is to celebrate the life and music of Chuck Schuldiner, as well as to raise awareness of Sweet Relief Musicians Fund – a charity that provides financial assistance to career musicians faced with illness, disability or age-related problems.

Its a great opportunity to see some of the best Death Metal ever live as close as it could get to the original as it possibly can...
& a chance for some new blood to see some great musicians exposing you to the old school way!

Fanboy, much? :lol:

Anyway, it seems like it may end up being cool, though I am satisfied with amount of detail they gave. I'd image they'd have to play music, being in the same room together in like a convention setting or something seems pretty absurd. Hope it does well, either way. It's no where near my area.

My Ebay Store

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 am 

Are the former members of Death just playing along live to Chuck's old vocal/guitar tracks, or are they planning on having a voice impersonator?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 am 

Cash grab or no, I'd see it if it features Masvidal and Koelble playing those leads.

Mike_235
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 am 

Thread title is a bit miss leading, but this is pretty cool. It's nice that 10 years after his death this sort of thing is still happening.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 am 

Lord_Sasc wrote:
http://www.deathtoall.info/

Death Reunite?!? Ejem...
Anyway, I attended to this show:

Two tribute shows with local musicians.
Not too bad.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am 

I would attend it if I could. The 'band' name is Death to All.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am 

This would only be cool if John Hand was involved.

Only John Hand is real.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 pm 

Smalley wrote:
Are the former members of Death just playing along live to Chuck's old vocal/guitar tracks, or are they planning on having a voice impersonator?

Yeah, who the hell is doing vocals for those? It's not like they can get Kam Lee for it or anything like that.

I am so confused...

ghroth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:19 pm 

Really curious to see how this turns out. I wonder if they'll just be doing instrumental renditions of Death songs?

tolerancezero666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 pm 

It COULD maybe be a good idea to leave it without any vocals..

Dark_Gnat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:41 pm 

It would be nice to see these musicians playing the classic Death songs.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
This would only be cool if John Hand was involved.

Only John Hand is real.

:lol:

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 am 

Definitely going to the NYC show. Gene Hoglan will play. Nuff said.

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 am 

Reform Mantas instead.

Idrownfish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:06 am 

Guys... Chuck Schuldiner WAS Death... He wrote everything, hired and kicked each member and made all the lyrics.

I feel that this thread's title is misleading. This is a tribute to Death with some ex-members. Its like having Markus leave Ensiferum and still call the band "Ensiferum".

Anyway, this feels like cash grab... Although a rather nice one. I would probably attend if I lived near one of the locations.

treebeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:55 am 

I left a message on their timeline, asking about the vocal situation. Hopefully they'll respond... I'm very curious to know what they're doing for that...

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:18 am 

Based on what instruments the announced musicians play, I'd assume that "PLUS GUEST MUSICIANS" shown at the end of the video refers to vocalists.

BlackGoat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Death was Chuck Schuldiner and a bunch of other guys. But the "bunch of other guys" cant be Death without Chuck Schudiner.

Total agreement there.
The ONLY reason I would tolerate such a cash grab would be if all the funds went to Chuck's Mom to cover debts from hospital bills.

Asmodeus8797
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 am 

Lightsbane wrote:
Personally, I don't like how it's being billed as 'Death'. If anything its more like a tribute to Chuck/Death's legacy than anything else.

Exactly. It simply isn't Death.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:52 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Smalley wrote:

Yeah, who the hell is doing vocals for those? It's not like they can get Kam Lee for it or anything like that.

I am so confused...

...why couldn't they get Kam Lee? Aside from the fact that Kam Lee's kinda an ass from what I've heard.

treebeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm 

They replied to me...

DEATH To All Tour
There will be vocals!
13 minutes ago · Like

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am 

Asmodeus8797 wrote:
Lightsbane wrote:

Exactly. It simply isn't Death.

It's not being billed as Death. It's being billed as Death To All and it's being promoted as a tribute.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 pm 

I like how this board is fine with Voivod carrying on without Piggy, but Death want to do a tribute to Chuck? Must be a cash grab and an insult to his legacy.

I mean, really, what would it take to make you guys happy? That they just never ever touched anything Chuck was involved with ever again? Let the material gather dust in the annals of metal history? That's a terrible idea, and an easy way to forget Chuck's contributions. I think this Death To All tour is a great way of keeping his memory alive.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm 

As remarked previously by some posters; as long as they don't bill this tour as Death, I have no problem with it. I'm just wondering who will they get to do the vocals, because not counting a couple of high profile DM vocalists such as Martin van Drunen and John Tardy, I don't know anyone who sounds quite like him. Perhaps a whole set of different vocalists? Cause that would be pretty interesting.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 pm 

Ribos wrote:
I like how this board is fine with Voivod carrying on without Piggy, but Death want to do a tribute to Chuck? Must be a cash grab and an insult to his legacy.

I mean, really, what would it take to make you guys happy? That they just never ever touched anything Chuck was involved with ever again? Let the material gather dust in the annals of metal history? That's a terrible idea, and an easy way to forget Chuck's contributions. I think this Death To All tour is a great way of keeping his memory alive.

I think the gripes are coming from people under the mistaken impression that this show is being billed as Death, when it's not.

Blame the OP for really bad wording.

Bestialdamnation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm 

If it was a tribute set to Death and not under the name "Death". It wouldn't be bad, but you just can't have Death without Chuck. I would like this if it didn't go under Death. Just like Massacre re-uniting without Kam Lee. It's like Mercyful Fate w/o King Diamond, it just doesn't work.

Bestialdamnation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
As remarked previously by some posters; as long as they don't bill this tour as Death, I have no problem with it. I'm just wondering who will they get to do the vocals, because not counting a couple of high profile DM vocalists such as Martin van Drunen and John Tardy, I don't know anyone who sounds quite like him. Perhaps a whole set of different vocalists? Cause that would be pretty interesting.

Interesting statement, but John Tardy is Obituary and Van Drunen is Asphyx/Pestilence. It would be nice to see either vocalist sing/scream some classic Death tunes. Perhaps, someone like Ross Dolan can do a competant job. As me & everyone else has said on here you just can't bill yourselves under the name "Death".

EnemyofLight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm 

This looks like it would be a great thing to see. Too bad none of the shows are near me, because I would love this, money grab or not.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:51 pm 

Bestialdamnation wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Interesting statement, but John Tardy is Obituary and Van Drunen is Asphyx/Pestilence. It would be nice to see either vocalist sing/scream some classic Death tunes. Perhaps, someone like Ross Dolan can do a competant job. As me & everyone else has said on here you just can't bill yourselves under the name "Death".

Mmmmmm..... Ross Dolan you say? I don't know..... He's a great death metal vocalist for sure, but his menacing, monotone (in a good way) delivery is much more suited for what his band do; NYDM, which, as we all know, is usually much more crushing and suffocating ( :-D ) than the rest. Not counting BDM or Deathgrind, of course. I think Death's music requires someone with a higher pitch and just a tad more versatility, although I'm probably biased, because I'm a huge Death fan and thus very accustomed to Chuck's particular brand of mid ranged, slightly restrained growling and as such, stand by what I said regarding van Drunen and Tardy; of course, they're also very characteristic in their own way, but at the same time have a style that is quite similar to Chuck's and thus my preferred candidates for the vocal spot. That's just a crazy, nerdy fantasy of mine though.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 am 

Bestialdamnation wrote:
If it was a tribute set to Death and not under the name "Death". It wouldn't be bad, but you just can't have Death without Chuck. I would like this if it didn't go under Death. Just like Massacre re-uniting without Kam Lee. It's like Mercyful Fate w/o King Diamond, it just doesn't work.

But it's not under the name "Death", it's under the name "Death to All"

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next