Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:36 pm 

Sounds like regular Destruction, really, but not bad at all. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:47 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
do we have any Destruction recommendations? i have inventor of evil [ltd digibook] and metal discharge [with a heap of bonus songs/demos/covers/live songs], by the sounds of it they have a fairly consistent sound [they are like motorhead of the thrash world?]
my local music shop has, actually had, a few of their cds but i don't really know them that well.

Seriously? You don't have their 1980s stuff yet? Why bother with the new-modern-thrash-by-the-numbers (albeit with maybe two cool riffs from Mike from an album) when you don't have Infernal Overkill yet? In the words of Schmier.... AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

But I'll second the fact that Live Without Sense offers a cool overview of their 1980s stuff with stellar performances, too!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 pm 

Besides the last record, post-reunion Destruction is solid/very good, so I'll give this new release the benefit of the doubt. I still prefer Headhunter over new Destruction though (The Antichrist non-withstanding).

EDIT: Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust listened to the trailer. Sounds very cool. Consider me truly interested.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 pm 

I quite liked Day of Reckoning. It was a bit more ambitious even if it wasn't stylistically different from anything else over the past decade or so. Granted, I was already getting this album anyway, but that little bit in the trailer just made the wait more anxious. As I posted previously, I'm all about Destruction's modern-day output. They give you no-bullshit thrash and when they bring in the groove, they do it right. After being dead throughout the entirety of the '90s, Destruction's making up for lost time and even if it's more of the same, it's good by me. Shit, Germany's been firing on all cylinders since the turn of the century whether it's been in thrash or power metal or the traditional stuff, there's been very few misses. If the band's current stuff isn't your bag, I get it and I can't convince you otherwise. That being said, there's no "Infernal Overkill II" coming and it's not like they're trying to find a more mainstream audience, so they're going to keep doing what they're doing.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
I quite liked Day of Reckoning. It was a bit more ambitious even if it wasn't stylistically different from anything else over the past decade or so. Granted, I was already getting this album anyway, but that little bit in the trailer just made the wait more anxious. As I posted previously, I'm all about Destruction's modern-day output. They give you no-bullshit thrash and when they bring in the groove, they do it right. After being dead throughout the entirety of the '90s, Destruction's making up for lost time and even if it's more of the same, it's good by me. Shit, Germany's been firing on all cylinders since the turn of the century whether it's been in thrash or power metal or the traditional stuff, there's been very few misses. If the band's current stuff isn't your bag, I get it and I can't convince you otherwise. That being said, there's no "Infernal Overkill II" coming and it's not like they're trying to find a more mainstream audience, so they're going to keep doing what they're doing.

Good post. They're going to keep doing what they're doing, whether you like it or not.

I still prefer Sodom over Destruction, but these guys can still belt out some good tunes when they want to.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

DARKMETL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 pm 

Digging the new samples so far. I haven't really loved the more recent stuff since I have been into Destruction since Infernal Overkill. I just don't find alot of the new stuff to be very memorable. It's ok, I have them and don't mind throwing them on from time to time but they certainly don't don't register with me right from the get-go. I do like the new sample alot though, hope the whole thing is as good as that.

And yeah, I do agree with the above poster about enjoying recent Sodom more than recent Destruction even though the Destruction is certainly more complicated.

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:44 pm 

Hmm, I think that both bands are great but I prefer Destruction. The Antichrist : M-16 - 1:1 in my opinion but later Destruction released more and better stuff IMO. I enjoy In War and Pieces but I find better Day of Reckoning and D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. Really, there should be no rivalry between these bands because they're both legends and it's just based on taste which one lays better for you. This Destruction's album is going to be killer and I bet a beer for every user that they will not fuck it up. :beer:

Man, those were the days.

Wedge_Antilles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:58 am 

New song, "Cyaniade", on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/destruction/app_178091127385?ref=ts

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm 

Yeah, already listened to that. Avaible to download for free from Nuclear Blast. Fast and raw, maybe too little melody but kicks ass.

Man, those were the days.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2