Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 pm 

theoctavarius wrote:
I love the fact Geoff's in front of a closet.

Heh, yeah.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 pm 

ENKC wrote:
Bang a gong and we are on like Donkey Kong:

Quote:
QUEENSRŸCHE STARRING GEOFF TATE THE ORIGINAL VOICE

This fall, Geoff Tate Electric Band will be releasing his new solo metal album on Inside Out Music, which features such label mates as King’s X, Fates Warning, Pain of Slavation and Dream Theater’s frontman James LaBrie, and many others! Geoff Tate solo tour dates with Alice Cooper beginning in November.
***Watch for the announcement of the upcoming 2013 Queensryche Anniversary Tour featuring an All-Star lineup, starring Geoff Tate, the longtime creative and driving force behind the band, whose vocals can be heard on every Queensryche song ever released!***

aka the "Fuck you guys, I'm still using the Queensryche name" tour.

That entire announcement absolutely reeked of Tate's bloated ego. "The original voice...whose vocals can be heard on every Queensryche song ever released"? It seems the douchebaggery will never end.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:43 pm 

Ecliptik wrote:
It seems the douchebaggery will never end.

That much is abundantly clear.

MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 am 

Accept were able to get their shit together bringing in a new singer.

I have faith that QR and Todd La Torre can do the same.

As for Geoff Tate, he should focus on his solo career. He's not interested in metal and he should stop pretending like he is.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:56 am 

Queensryche have been shit now for nearly two decades, and that much is abundantly clear especially with that moron Tate pretending that from Promised land to the god awful album that was their latest that anyone in the metal community took him seriously. Seeing La Torre ace through Child of fire and Queen of the Reich at least for me shows the band is reborn, and I'm definitely stoked to hear new material from the band especially if they're rejuvenated to play the songs of their youth. Tate can go fuck himself with all of the hasbeens he has as "special guest" in his solo output, Rising West is the band Queensryche should've been after so much crap they've released with Tate in the band.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 am 

I like Promised Land :(

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 am 

This reeks of him trying to throw a spanner in the works for the other guys (more of a failed attempt I should stress). He's not interested in metal, so now it's just about being in the spot-light. It's like he's sitting at home thinking "how could I be any more of a douchebag? Oh yeah, that's it!".

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm 

Veracs wrote:
Queensryche have been shit now for nearly two decades,

Tribe came out 9 years ago, so this statement is false.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 pm 

ENKC wrote:
Bang a gong and we are on like Donkey Kong:

Quote:
QUEENSRŸCHE STARRING GEOFF TATE THE ORIGINAL VOICE

This fall, Geoff Tate Electric Band will be releasing his new solo metal album on Inside Out Music, which features such label mates as King’s X, Fates Warning, Pain of Slavation and Dream Theater’s frontman James LaBrie, and many others! Geoff Tate solo tour dates with Alice Cooper beginning in November.
***Watch for the announcement of the upcoming 2013 Queensryche Anniversary Tour featuring an All-Star lineup, starring Geoff Tate, the longtime creative and driving force behind the band, whose vocals can be heard on every Queensryche song ever released!***

aka the "Fuck you guys, I'm still using the Queensryche name" tour.

1/ What's the source of this statement, please?

2/ Pain of SLAVATION, really? Couldn't even be bothered to proof-read that far?

3/ "QueensRÿche starring Geoff Tate", if from an official source verifiably traceable back to Tate, would actually be grounds for a lawsuit against him by the current line-up and/or by the court who denied his injunction, and is de facto allowing the current line-up to use the name until the ongoing lawsuit concludes. That's false advertisement on a Rod Evans' Deep Purple level.

4/ "Geoff Tate Electric Band will be releasing his new solo metal album". Oh boy. Where to even start?

a. This contradicts the previous, caps-locked statement, as it reveals "QueensRÿche starring Tate" actually stands for "Tate and a made-up name for his latest employees/musicians". False advertisement.

b. This contradicts itself, as it affirms a band is releasing someone's solo album.

c. This contradicts common sense and the entire universe's intelligence, by pretending Geoff tate will be releasing a (solo) metal album (by proxy, as it's really this band that does not exist who'll reportedly be doing the releasing).

d. This contradicts history, by stating this will consist in Tate's new solo metal album, implying there was a precedent. A previous, already existing Tate solo metal album... That's legally a lie, and an insult.

Suck dick, Tate.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:59 am 

It's a statement from Geoff Tate's facebook page, and also from "Queensryche's" facebook page.

Also, it's concerning two separate things. One is the solo album/tour and the other is the "Queensryche" tour. You seem to have missed that distinction with your point 4.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:03 am 

juicebitch wrote:

Same here. My favourite after The Warning and Rage for Order.
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

Xanzotire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 am 

I'll third Promised Land as a decent album and certainly something of a step up from Empire. Pretty much all downhill from there for them though.
Rush in and die, dogs--I was a man before I was a king." - R. Howard

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:40 am 

Yeah, I definitely prefer Promised Land to Empire, which sounds way too sappy and poppy. Ugh.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:49 am 

Hear In the Now Frontier, anyone? I've always been fond of that one.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 am 

ENKC wrote:
It's a statement from Geoff Tate's facebook page, and also from "Queensryche's" facebook page.

Also, it's concerning two separate things. One is the solo album/tour and the other is the "Queensryche" tour. You seem to have missed that distinction with your point 4.

Thanks for the info. Well, my point still stands, except for 4/ a. It's a very deliberately ambiguous post by the Tates, anyhow, the way the post's title is "QUEENSRYCHE..." whereas the actual content of the post is "Geoff Tate's solo album...", with the reference to "QueensRÿche" being merely an... announcement preview (sic).

Translation: "Hey! I make a post titled QUEENSRYCHE to let you know that there will be a post about QueensRyche, maybe, next year, if I don't lose the lawsuit I'm essentially bound to lose. But mainly, I wanted to use the QueensRyche name as much as possible while I still have the exclusive access to the facebook page and cram all my pointless, petty, pathetically childish arguments from the lawsuit in there." DOUCHE BAG, THE ORIGINAL, who's been a douche consistently on every single occasion I've ever been given.

So yeah, points stand.

novakm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 am 

I'm glad to read this thread and see so many people who see things my way and that no one is fooled by Tate's grandstanding. What a fucking douchebag. IMO, Tribe and Promised Land have their moments, but their last great album was Empire.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 pm 

So heres the first interview with the band incl. Todd La Torre since the departure of Tate (along with a bit of live footage of them headlining some festival).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... twEpGcgoLo

I like Wilton's little dig at Geoff Tate's songs right around 1:30

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm 

Nice to hear Wilton mention the opportunity granted by the internet to get away from the big record labels rather than bitching about piracy. Other artists should take note.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm 

juicebitch wrote:

I'll join the Promised Land bandwagon. I overlooked it for a while but that album is fantastic and Someone Else? is one of the best songs they ever put out.

Part of me is curious to see what Tate's second solo album will be like but billing himself as an alternate Queensryche is just sleazy. I really don't think anyone is on his side...

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm 

@8:29 of that youtube interview clip

"Queensryche is responsible for the release of 12 great albums..."

It got akward after that and Rockenfield tried to avoid giving a direct answer until Wilton bailed him out and said the first seven (which was agreed upon by a couple others). They tried not to take jabs at Tate, which is sort of the smart move - let the bald goblin in the fake band keep making a douche of himself.

They also throw the word "chemistry" when referring to each other and playing their music. :)

"No huge egos" as La Torre put it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

truvelocity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 am 

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=802398

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am 

Xanzotire wrote:
I'll third Promised Land as a decent album and certainly something of a step up from Empire. Pretty much all downhill from there for them though.

I'll agree with that. Empire was pretty much a by-the-numbers late 80s/early 90s hard rock album, albeit with exceptional vocals and some spiffy arrangements (and its' not as though other bands hadn't done this before). Promised Land had a lot of different mmoods and styles of songwriting, and I think a lot of them worked. THe title track is one of Queensryche's best tunes.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:09 pm 

Tate announces 'his' QR band:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=178894

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:15 pm 

Someone sic a lawyer on his ass.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm 

I'm actually surprised that Geoff Tate hasn't been sued yet for misappropriating the Queensryche name, and I'm also surprised that the other members of Queensryche (the actual Queensryche) are just letting Tate use it.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 pm 

also the fact that Sarzo and Drover are going along with it, will they not feel guilty in any way ?

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm 

I suggest that the current "Queensryche" avec Geoff Tate (the original voice, as if there was any doubt) fire him and replace him with Tim "Ripper" Owens then we call Geoff Tate's Queensryche "Dio Disciples".

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 pm 

Oh, for the love of Christ. Tate is clearly doing this just to be a fucking asshole. The people who still actually like him (his family) would still support him with or without the Queensryche name. Last time I checked, "Geoff Tate" was a fairly well-known name in music, and he doesn't need to use the moniker of a band he was legitimately fired from to continue having a career. Could he just grow the hell up already?

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm 

What about the Queensryche fans who've taken Geoff Tate's side and will support him without knowing all the facts? Maybe Tate's keeping the Queensryche name is the one thing that would give his solo career any degree of legitimacy.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm 

Quote:
Maybe Tate's keeping the Queensryche name is the one thing that would give his solo career any degree of legitimacy.

Legitimacy? Nay, not legitimacy. Album sales.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

SJDJ
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 pm 

Does Drover have an attraction to washed up rock stars who are off their rockers?

Back when my masturbating to 13 year old girls wasn't considered perverse.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 pm 

I like how he stated the possibility that they just wanted his paycheck. "So this Todd guy's doing it for free, yeah?"

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 pm 

Kigo7 wrote:
What about the Queensryche fans who've taken Geoff Tate's side and will support him without knowing all the facts? Maybe Tate's keeping the Queensryche name is the one thing that would give his solo career any degree of legitimacy.

At this juncture, the only thing that would give his future endeavors legitimacy is if he said, "Look, we all don't get along any more and some shit went down. My career with Queensryche is over and it was shitty of me to perpetuate this dumb and mostly pointless drama. I took it personally when the rest of the guys got tired of me and my family running things and I behaved like a neanderthal. I apologize to everyone and will now focus on being Geoff Tate and doing what Geoff Tate wants to do, instead of desperately clinging to a franchise I am no longer welcome in. I wish my former bandmates nothing but the best."

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 pm 

Kigo7 wrote:
What about the Queensryche fans who've taken Geoff Tate's side and will support him without knowing all the facts?

I'd hate to break the news; it'd really shock all twelve of them...

I was actually surprised when I saw the names that Tate managed to get for this lineup though Kelly Gray and Randy Gane being on there doesn't surprise me in the least. It's still sleazy as hell and does not need to exist, but it would've been a cool lineup for a solo band.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 pm 

Sharon Tate wrote:
It came out of the blue for me. We've never had any kind of creative differences, or any kind of a situation where we are at odds with each other. It just happened.

:ah-ha:

Geoff Osbourne wrote:
And the judge says, 'I don't see anything different about QUEENSRŸCHE or the FOUR TOPS. It's the same situation.' The FOUR TOPS… [laughs] But, basically, there's two QUEENSRŸCHEs now. Or [at least we have] the ability to have two QUEENSRŸCHEs."

Yeah, The Four Tops were a band whose lineup evolved over the years, but they never split in two co-existing, rival gangs. How that alleged clueless reference from the judge registered as "go get 'em tiger!" in Tate's mind, only his wife, his daughter, and more importantly, his accountant really know.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm 

I rather chuckled when typing the beginning of geoff tate's name in google one of the first suggestions below was 'geoff tate douche' :lol:

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:35 am 

Its times like this that I wish MA would allow pic sigs.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:48 am 

Lame, cause I really like Sarzo - pity he is involved in this. Anyway, this is turning into a similar situation as LA Guns.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 am 

Huh, so Sarzo and Drover as well as all the other musicians involved in this not named Geoff Tate were hoping to get a little bit of money out of it.

And regarding Sharon Tate's statement, if there weren't creative differences or conflicts then why would it just happen? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around that statement

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 am 

Kigo7, In one interview Tate claims to have written 80% of Queensrÿche music and lyrics, and in another he says there was democracy in the band. In the latter interview, which deals with Tate's removal from the band, he speaks of Queensrÿche in present tense. Obviously nothing he says makes any sense, he's a delusional twat surrounded by yesmen and suckups.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next