Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metalboy1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 pm 

Hi are there any others here that just cant get into these two bands?I can get into a few of each bands songs but thats it.Anyone else feel the same?

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:29 pm 

No. You're clearly the only one who cannot submit to something as subjectively appreciable as a given band's or artist's music, there must be something wrong with you.

:roll:

Anyway, both these bands are great.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 pm 

No, I got into Motörhead the first time I heard Ace of Spades, and Accept the first time I heard Balls to the Wall

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 pm 

I don't really like Accept at all - I bought Balls to the Wall about 10 years ago, couldn't understand why I'd heard such hype. Apart from the title track the songs were forgettable, and Udo's a terrible singer. That being said, I heard the album they put out a year or two ago (with a new singer) and it was GREAT.

Motorhead on the other hand are a really catchy band. I have to admit I never really listen to them, but they're just so consistently above average. No matter what you put on, you're almost guaranteed to enjoy it.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 pm 

Accept took me a really long time to get into. I first heard "Balls to the Wall" way back when I was just getting into metal, and I didn't like it at all. It was years before I finally started to appreciate them. Now I absolutely love them. Their 80s run from Restless and Wild through Russian Roulette is all top-notch essential stuff IMO, and the two reunion albums (especially Blood of the Nations) are both awesome too. Great band.

Motörhead are great too, though I will admit that I mostly listen to their "hits" and other better known songs. I don't own much of their stuff.

If you don't like it that's OK. You're not the only one. Nobody likes everything.

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm 

Im not a huge fan of nether of those bands ether, although I do listen to Motorhead ocationaly and quite enjoy them, I can't stand most of Accept's stuff...

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm 

I'm not too keen on Accept (tried to get into them), but I absolutely adore Motorhead. I admit, it took me a while to get into them. I had heard and actually learned to play "Ace of Spades" on guitar, for band reasons, and was not convinced. But, as I was forced to listen to it more I grew accustomed to it. This past October I actually went out and bought Bomber and haven't looked back.

Point is: give it some time and you may actually find yourself digging one of these bands, if not both of them. Even if you find that you cannot grow to like them, then who gives a fuck? There's plenty of other options when it comes to metal bands.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 pm 

I like Accept's music but Udo sucks as a vocalist, and he kills the music sometimes when he does his best to sound like that guy from ACDC. Restless and wild is a great album and they'd be essential listening were it not for their horrid vocalist.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

RacoCooper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:37 pm 

I don't really like much Accept outside of their Blood of the Nations CD. Their 'hit' songs are good too, but I'm not too interested in buying any of those CDs.

I could never get into Motorhead too much outside of their essential songs. I think they're overrated honestly. Shit on me all you want for saying that, but that's just my opinion.

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm 

I've never been a huge fan of Accept. They're ok, and have som great songs, but I'm not much into them.

I love Motörhead, though not so much I would ever win a Motörhead quiz. Still, they're one of my favorite bands in that I can always listen to it. It's one of the few bands that I can really put on no matter what mood I'm in or what kind of music I want to listen to. I'm sort of sick of most of their biggest hits though, so I much more prefer a more dynamic and varied full-length album to compilation albums (that goes for most bands).

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 pm 

Oh noes, I can't get into a popular band.

Overdone, boring and chilidish thread.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.