Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
693
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:55 am
Posts: 625
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 am 
 

Swedish Shining just announced that they are releasing a cover EP.

http://patriciathomasmanagement.com/2012/04/16/artwork-and-details-of-upcoming-covers-ep-from-niklas-kvarforths-shining-revealed/

The title seems to be a tribute to Danzig. So I was hoping they would have a Danzig cover on the EP, but no such luck. Looking forward to hearing the Kent cover this might be an interesting release.

Top
 Profile  
Kommandojonna
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:22 pm 
 

Really suprising that they cover Poets of the Fall. Still I'm most interested about Katatonia cover

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9855
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm 
 

I'll want to hear this, but I will say that the title is retarded. I can bear with the cover art, but the title should not be that.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1806
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm 
 

Any guesses what Imperiet song they will cover?
Looking forward to this.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
693
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:55 am
Posts: 625
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
I'll want to hear this, but I will say that the title is retarded. I can bear with the cover art, but the title should not be that.

Yeah, that is probably why they chose it.

Opus wrote:
Any guesses what Imperiet song they will cover?
Looking forward to this.


Probably a gloomy one. Märk hur vår skugga, maybe!

Top
 Profile  
693
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:55 am
Posts: 625
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm 
 

Preview of the one of the new tracks! The Katatonia Cover

http://patriciathomasmanagement.com/201 ... covers-ep/

Surprised at how good Niklas' clean vocals sound.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 2023
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm 
 

693 wrote:
Swedish Shining just announced that they are releasing a cover EP.
http://patriciathomasmanagement.com/2012/04/16/artwork-and-details-of-upcoming-covers-ep-from-niklas-kvarforths-shining-revealed/
The title seems to be a tribute to Danzig. So I was hoping they would have a Danzig cover on the EP, but no such luck. Looking forward to hearing the Kent cover this might be an interesting release.

Interesting, thanks!

693 wrote:
Preview of the one of the new tracks! The Katatonia Cover
http://patriciathomasmanagement.com/201 ... covers-ep/
Surprised at how good Niklas' clean vocals sound.

And this too, thanks!


Last edited by BasqueStorm on Wed May 02, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
germandeather
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:05 pm
Posts: 192
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:12 pm 
 

Absolutely great! The vocal perfomance is breath taking ,i didnt knew that Katatonia play/sing such chatchy stuff.
I'll check them further out soon.
Cant wait for it.

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1806
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 pm 
 

693 wrote:
Opus wrote:
Any guesses what Imperiet song they will cover?

Probably a gloomy one. Märk hur vår skugga, maybe!

I wouldn't call that an Imperiet cover though.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 pm 
 

The Katatonia cover was allright. As a general rule, I find cover EP's pointless and never check them out.
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], OzzyApu, raumr, Thexhumed and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group