Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VVormVVood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 am 

Sometimes I set to think about bands from my distant yoof that have since disappeared without trace (sometimes deservedly) and recently I've been ruminating upon Sweden's once mighty(ish) Throne of Ahaz. I only had their second album copied on cassette, but was at one time extremely keen on it. Looking them up on MA in a fit of nostalgia recently I see that there's never been a repress of either of their albums (excepting a 2004 LP version of the debut limited to 300 copies). Probably demand isn't there, but do any readers remember this band and agree that a reprinting of their catalogue is long overdue? As mid-ninties black metal goes THIS is pretty damn proficient.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 am 

I actually have both of their albums, and haven't listened to them in quite some time. Both of them are pretty solid, and well done black metal, and underrated. Will have to give 'em spin now to refresh my memory a little.

My collection

VVormVVood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 am 

They weren't exactly groundbreaking, but they certainly had the edge on same-era Dark Funeral and Setherial (excluding Nord, of course). I think 'solid' is probably a very good adjective with which to describe their work, though! No Fashion certainly had a damn good roster back in the day, didn't they? I always remember their ads in mid-nineties Terrorizers; all their releases seemed to have cool (or cheesy, depending on your sensibilities) artwork. Let me know your impressions after giving Nifelheim and On Twilight Enthroned another listen.

the_empyreal_lexicon
Captured in Eternity's Eye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 pm 

Got a first press copy of the first album, it's reasonable stuff but not terribly groundbreaking I always had them pegged as darkthrone worship

Reply to topic