* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 pm 

MDG wrote:
Dear friends and fans,

It is with deep emotion that we must announce that Mar de Grises has come to an end. Several reasons have led us to make this decision. Our spirits have changed and we collectively chose to end this beautiful cycle. Our musical paths have parted. You will know about our new projects soon.

Being part of this project during all these years has been amazing and magical, and sharing our feelings through music with great friends for so long has filled us with joy and satisfaction.

Mar de Grises allowed us to reach places we never thought we would; to share stage with people we admire and, above all, with good friends; to contribute to the musical history of Chile, and to reach the hearts of fans all over the world. We feel more than rewarded with all your love and feedback.

We would like to give our sincere thanks to all our technical staff, friends and families, past members of the band, labels, promoters, media, agencies, and to all those who believed and were sincerely involved in all our undertakings. Above all, we wish to thank all our fans who have given us unconditional support during these 13 years.

To give this story the end it deserves, we are working on the details of a final show which will be announced soon.

Now the Jewel of the Andes, as we were once called, will rest in our hearts and will continue to live in you and your memories.

Farewell.

It's a sad thing; they were easily the best doom band of the country.

As a personal thought, the band was going strong until Juan (vocals, keys) left the band. After that, the shows didn't feel the same. I hope the guys can reunite in some time.

Illuminati322
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:28 pm 

I feel like an absolute douche saying this, but I'd never heard of them before and now want to check them out.

takar_blackangel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm 

That's a shame. I really like Stream Inwards and was looking forward to hearing more of the band. Hope each member's future project will yield some interesting stuff.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm 

This really disappoints me.
Streams Inwards was a fantastically unique album, and perhaps one of my favourite doom albums, and I would've loved to see them progress from there.

Still, good to quit while you're ahead, I guess.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 pm 

I only heard a few songs off their debut and they were very good, sadly now I'll have to catch up on their material as a defunct band. Probably one of the biggest Latin American doom bands.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:42 pm 

good band, sucks they broke up.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 pm 

Easily my favourite atmospheric doom metal band, hopefully their new projects are just as good.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 am 

Wow, terrible news but as you have mentioned without the keyboardist it was not the same.

I saw them presenting Streams Inwards , which is a great and very original album. Its a pity they didnt play Catatonic North, my favourite song of the band, but the show was great.

PureNegativism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 am 

Unfortunate news. Beautifully crafted and unique music. I've yet to give Streams Inwards enough time, now would be a good time to do so I suppose. I hope their evolution continues in their projects to come.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 am 

I would say that Draining the Waterheart is easily their best album, Kilometros de Nada and One Possessed are majestic. Streams had a production problem where the keys are too low in the mix IMO, but the songs sounded fine live.

Reply to topic