Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
3blinkA
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:06 am 

"Im Ra Distare Summum Soveris Seris Vas Innoble" new album.
Released by AnnapurnA on cd/LP/digital. Release date 11/05/2018.

Preview:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwldj5e9NaQ

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:01 pm 

I quite enjoyed the Urkaos album in all its weirdness and ambient focus. De Mysteriis Dom Christi had its moments but in general were destroyed by the way they choose to produce the drums. All the atmosphere went away when the double bass drums very so audible (I have to say the tape version was the best of the three different incarnations of the album though).

The new preview sounds a lot more like black metal than the previous stuff but knowing where they come from it still sounds pretty unique. I prefer the slower ambiance type things Reverorum ib Malacht has done but the new track is fine. Could work nicely in context of the whole album but I hope this isn't how all the new stuff sounds like.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am 

InnesI wrote:
I quite enjoyed the Urkaos album in all its weirdness and ambient focus. De Mysteriis Dom Christi had its moments but in general were destroyed by the way they choose to produce the drums. All the atmosphere went away when the double bass drums very so audible (I have to say the tape version was the best of the three different incarnations of the album though).

Huh. To me, the drumming on DMDC made the album effective in a peculiar way... like the ambiance created a dark, ghostly mood, but the hammering drumming gave a sense of urgency and metallic aggression, and the two meshed in a highly effective manner. However, the drumming didn't take away the focus from the black ambient stuff like guitar riffs would have (since drumming generally lacks tonality and musical riffs/themes aside from brief fills, which are normally the center of a metal composition), so despite the volume of the drumming, it didn't ruin the atmosphere for me like it did with you.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 pm 

Xenophon wrote:
InnesI wrote:

Huh. To me, the drumming on DMDC made the album effective in a peculiar way... like the ambiance created a dark, ghostly mood, but the hammering drumming gave a sense of urgency and metallic aggression, and the two meshed in a highly effective manner. However, the drumming didn't take away the focus from the black ambient stuff like guitar riffs would have (since drumming generally lacks tonality and musical riffs/themes aside from brief fills, which are normally the center of a metal composition), so despite the volume of the drumming, it didn't ruin the atmosphere for me like it did with you.

I think it would have been fine if it focused more on slower drumming or tribal type tom work. I don't think the blast beat style used worked very well on DMDC because of the lack of actual black metal. Ambient with blasting drums down't work for me. Either you do an ambient focused album and make the drums work with that, or you go a more black metal route and then the black metal style drumming works better.

But if you enjoyed it anyway thats good for you of course :-)
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:20 pm 

My dear Lord!!!! This new track is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

This band only gets better and better. Roman Catholic Black Metal ist Krieg.

EDIT: Where did you get that image? Can't find it lol
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 pm 

heard that video yesterday, it's pretty bonkers. they sound more evil than most satanic bands lol.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:30 pm 

So, OP, no answer yet?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

3blinkA
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:54 am 

CD & LP out now!

Available on Spotify and bandcamp as well.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7EJrRytH86SbbPHmCkCxym?si=gfDrE3AQTv2BZiGhHhipjQ

https://annapurnaprod.bandcamp.com/album/reverorum-ib-malacht-im-ra-distare-summum-soveris-seris-vas-innoble

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:00 am 

catholic Black Metal, huh? Wonder if they talk about child rapings in their lyrics as well. That'd be the most catholic metal thng ever.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 pm 

here's a long ass interview with them. interesting. http://www.invisibleoranges.com/reveror ... interview/

spellstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 am 

I am in deep and profound love with the music this band creates.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:49 pm 

Pretty interesting stuff but man the production on those drums is... a bit much

thewrll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm 

Very interesting. I am glad there are vocals.

Reply to topic