Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ifritnuts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm 

Who actually played guitar and bass on this? The liner notes prominently list Jim Barraza and Vernon Green, as well as show their photos. I understand Jim was brought in shortly before Jerry Fogle left the band. But through various interviews, it's revealed that those two guys left at some point and were replaced with Joe Malatesta and Bob Warrenburg. To me, it makes sense that the latter pair is who plays on the album, because they each contributed one song that they wrote (The Troll, Heaven Help Us). What's confusing to me, is that Joe and Bob are only credited as "additional musicians". Can anyone shed more light on this?

Also, is there any knowledge as to who is the uncredited "clean" vocalist? I really have my doubts that Tim Baker did all the vocals.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much of an answer, as the album's production was a total mess and those involved have mostly dropped off the map. Still, I find Cirith Ungol a highly underrated band and fit for discussion.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:12 pm 

Sure, but did we really need two concurrent Cirith Ungol threads, right now, let alone two specifically about 'Paridise Lost', its lineup and its aftermath? :D

Here's the other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99010

It started a few days ago and is still ongoing. Maybe you could post there, you raise some questions that would go well with the existing discussion. Cheers.

ifritnuts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm 

Wow, what are the odds? Thanks for that, I'll join the discussion there.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.