Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fourrobert13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:36 am 

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of Rob Dukes or Generation Kill, but I am. I've been following the progress of the new album on Facebook ands see where DMC from Run DMC is featured on the album. They haven't released very many trailers or tracks off the new album yet, but I'm concerned this album is going to just be rap metal instead of the sick twisted stuff from the previous albums. I could be wrong, but I'll be very disappointed if I'm right. There's so little info that I hate to jump to conclusions, but DMC is supposed to be a guest on that metal show. I don't get VH1 classic, so I'll have see what's said after the fact.

Your thoughts?

tomcat_ha
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:32 pm 

if anything with DMC it would be better than any random modern rapper. Interesting choice at least tbh.

fourrobert13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:49 am 

They released a song called Lot Lizard...i'm not impressed. Sounds like a dirty rap song. Two live crew meets slow r & b. Very disappointed so far. I hope the rest of it is better.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 pm 

Ok everyone, this isn't actually a Generation Kill album, it's a Run DMC/Generation Kill collaboration album called 'DMC Generation Kill'. The OP made it out like Run DMC was only mildy featured on the album. Hardly something to get fussed over when it's a side project.

fourrobert13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Ok everyone, this isn't actually a Generation Kill album, it's a Run DMC/Generation Kill collaboration album called 'DMC Generation Kill'. The OP made it out like Run DMC was only mildy featured on the album. Hardly something to get fussed over when it's a side project.

I don't recall making it out to sound like that, but ok. I'm aware of it being a side project and being a fan of Generation Kill was just looking for others opinions on the matter. Run DMC is not involved with it, just DMC and I doubt the preacher would want to be involved in this due to its graphic content (just saying). The song I heard is described above and I wasn't impressed with it and therefore will wait to hear something else before I run out and buy it. Your results may vary.

tomcat_ha
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:00 am 

can only hear the song through getting itunes.
fuck that shit.

Reply to topic