Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:16 am 

Back Door to Asylum- Cerberus Milenia

Somewhat retarded metalcore-ish name notwithstanding, this is actually some rather intense and highly technical brutal death metal. I'm not a huge fan of tech death, but these guys I do enjoy. And that coverart, holy shit.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am 

Cephalic Impurity- Eulogium for Incessancy

More tech death. Nice powerful production with plenty of crunch to the riffs, sort of reminds me of Beneath- Enslaved by fear.

(And finally we're off page 13!)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:06 am 

Dude, spoilers on the images bro. Looks like you really wanted to get off page 13 oi.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:27 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Dude, spoilers on the images bro. Looks like you really wanted to get off page 13 oi.

Whattttt, you would have me hide those magnificent and bad-ass covers?! And yes, it seemed like the thread was stuck on page 13 for ages.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:47 pm 

Traumatomy- Beneficial Amputation of Excessive Limbs

I said it before and I'll say it again, Traumatomy is slamming greatness.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:32 am 

That Back Door To Asylum album is pretty good, I agree. Even better, IMO, is this one:

Cerebral Effusion - Idolatry of the Unethical

Spoiler: show

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am 

1536 wrote:
I don't know if this can be considered BDM (their early stuff was), but....

The Monolith Deathcult - Tetragrammaton (2013)

It's crushingly heavy, yet it effectively mixes this with the electronic elements. Human Wave Attack is a prime example of this. Plus, they have Orion Pax.

Actually a really unique and awesome band at times. I like Triumvirate the best, but their sound is at the very least entertaining. Not for everyone. That cover artwork is fucking awesome as well, naturally.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Bidda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 pm 

So I did a quick scroll through all the pages, lots of good stuff mentioned. Let me give praise where it needs be, the band that influenced 99% of all the bands in this thread.

Here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STFGLIK6Zy0

EDIT: It is actually on a previous page, but even so the point stands, Suffocation are the kings.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:02 pm 

Burtul- Bottom Astral

This is an interesting album. Some unusual time signatures(at least I believe that is the correct term for it) and quite a bit of variation in the riffs to go along with the crushing brutality. Nice stuff.

Last edited by davenion on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:08 pm 

Vomitous- Empires of Great Enslavement

Rather bad-ass brutal death metal on display here. Wicked fast riffs and drumming companioned with some slammy type sections. Not too mention that tremendous and powerful cover art.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 pm 

I'm going to try and check out both of those today. Killer artwork by Vomitous, too.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm 

Fleshbomb- Reincarnated in Abomination

More bad-ass and enjoyable technical brutal death metal from Russia with bad-ass cover art, courtesy of Daemorph who also did the Back Door to Asylum cover(and who also share a bassist with Fleshbomb).

Sasquatch2031Exists
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:07 pm 

Skinless - Foreshadowing Our Demise
Flesh Consumed - New Order Of Intelligence [EP]
Guttural Secrete - The Slow Decay Of Infested Flesh
Fleshrot / Katalepsy / Blunt Force Trauma - Triumph of Evilution
Amagortis - Pre-Natal Cannibalism
Peshmerga - Murderous Acts Of Cruelty

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:01 am 

Psst... I might get shot for this. But I think Illuminations Of Vile Engorgement is pretty much the best brutal death metal album in the world, at the moment.

Yes, to the untrained ear it's a wall of noise. But in fact it's everything brutal death metal needs to be: brutal, heavy, crushing, painful to listen to, and actually pretty goddamn catchy.

It does everything it needs to do perfectly.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:45 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Psst... I might get shot for this. But I think Illuminations Of Vile Engorgement is pretty much the best brutal death metal album in the world, at the moment.

Yes, to the untrained ear it's a wall of noise. But in fact it's everything brutal death metal needs to be: brutal, heavy, crushing, painful to listen to, and actually pretty goddamn catchy.

It does everything it needs to do perfectly.

Naw, I don't think you'll be shot for stating your opinion. Now, if you stated it as if it were a fact and not merely your opinion, then.....

Honestly, I tried listening to it but just could not make it though very far. At first I was enjoying the wall of brutality, but it didn't take too long for it to start to get rather tedious. Perhaps I'll try again sometime.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:37 am 

Welp, I say Suffo's Effigy of the Forgotten, Gorgasm's Masticate To Dominate, Cryptopsy's Blasphemy Made Flesh, Devourment's Molesting the Decapitated and last but not least, Defeated Sanity's Prelude to the Tragedy and Psalms of the Moribund.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 am 

Some seriously killer artwork. Listening to Burtul and Vomitous now.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:46 am 

I posted this in the worthwhile of '14 thread but needs to be here:

Septycal Gorge - Scourge Of The Formless Breed

This album is interesting, complex, and surprising. I can definitely catch some Suffocation and Deeds Of Flesh influences even if it's more brutal in some regards. I really enjoy the amazing chord-work and diverse riffing styles. Not your typical BDM album - especially musically - and it has terrific production and artwork.

heavymetalbanger1989
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:49 am 

Horus666 wrote:
I'm going to enter dreamland listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDldgpWOCw

Infected Disarray - Disseminating Obscenity - 2009 - Unique Leader

Sick. Great recommendation.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:06 pm 

Corpse Cook- Hell is Empty, and all the Devils are Here

Nice catchy brutal deathmetal from China. As an added bonus a couple songs feature samples from Evil Dead 2, including that creepy piano.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 pm 

This is a serious album-of-the-year candidate for me. Amazing stuff in the vein of other great technical brutal death metal acts, such as Katalepsy (my favorite). Excellent technicality, slamming, and innovative chord-work. It has some Ulcerate-ish flavor sprinkled in with tiny doses to enhance the music and break up monotony found in other, lesser or average BDM fare. This soars above most of the rest. On top of that the production is FANTASTIC! Skull-crushing riffage abounds here and a distinctly hellish atmosphere pervades the album with the music itself. I give you:

Disentomb - Misery (2014)

heavymetalbanger1989
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 am 

Has anyone mentioned Waco Jesus yet? Check out the first three albums - ignore the negative or general lack of reviews here! Fleshgrind is great too. Also Katalepsy - Autopsychosis is top-notch. I haven't heard anything else from them though.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 pm 

Defleshed and Gutted- ST e.p.

Some awesome TXDM slamming going on here, check them out and support the band. That cover art is wicked and bad-ass.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:11 pm 

I listened to that Disentomb album and it is very brutal, and quite technical and while it mixes up a lot I couldn't get into it. Maybe just a little too hard on my ears. Hopefully it will grow on me. It has been getting a lot of praise from the community.

Here are some albums I didn't see mentioned. 7h target and Beneath had previous albums mentioned but I didn't see their latest ones.

Beneath - The Barren Throne (2014)

Another Unique Leader Band. This is some pretty brutal death metal that contains some pretty melodic riffing and is fairly atmospheric. Probably my pick for brutal death album of the year so far. If you don't like slam and find brutal death to not be melodic enough then give this band a shot.

7h. Target - 0.00 Apocalypse (2013)

I find 99% of slam to be annoying or boring. This band falls into that 1% for me. They are pretty technical and use a fair bit of jazzy riffing and the slams are heavy and groovy and not too repetitive. Fantastic production as well. This would be a contender for brutal death album of the year if it wasn't first released in 2013.

Cannabalistic Infancy - Dominant Inhumanity (2013)

Slam death metal that surprisingly I enjoy. They still use some oldschool brutal death in there and they focus on riffs as well rather than just slamming the whole time, which is probably why I don't find it boring. Highly recommended.

Vomit the Soul - Apostles of Inexpression (2009)

Another band that combines technicality with slam. Very tasteful slams and the bass is very prominent. Some nice sweeping as well (hopefully that is the right term for it). 5 reviews averaging 90% currently. Surprised I didn't see it listed in this thread.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 pm 

Kaluman- Kaluman

Very groovy and catchy brutal death metal.

Congenital Anomalies- Human Embryonic Mutilation

Can't say a whole lot about this album other than that I find it an enjoyable listen. There are some interesting industrial style intros to some of the songs.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:50 am 

Fleshgore- Domain of Death

Nice and catchy bdm. Awesome cover art once again, although whenever I look at it the central figure always reminds me of a mutated, droid-like Doctor Doom.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am 

Diamhea wrote:
1536 wrote:
I don't know if this can be considered BDM (their early stuff was), but....

The Monolith Deathcult - Tetragrammaton (2013)

It's crushingly heavy, yet it effectively mixes this with the electronic elements. Human Wave Attack is a prime example of this. Plus, they have Orion Pax.

Actually a really unique and awesome band at times. I like Triumvirate the best, but their sound is at the very least entertaining. Not for everyone. That cover artwork is fucking awesome as well, naturally.

When the cover art isn't trying to be the sickest and most disgusting, I tend to become a little more interested.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:42 pm 

davenion wrote:

Nice and catchy bdm. Awesome cover art once again, although whenever I look at it the central figure always reminds me of a mutated, droid-like Doctor Doom.

Was their previous release deathcore or something? MA says they began as brutal death but changed to thrash/deathcore. Couldn't find any samples on youtube from their previous album, but this one is pure brutal death.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
davenion wrote:

Was their previous release deathcore or something? MA says they began as brutal death but changed to thrash/deathcore. Couldn't find any samples on youtube from their previous album, but this one is pure brutal death.

I had read on their facebook page that they mentioned that they were returning to their roots on this e.p., so that would imply that indeed it is most likely their previous release was deathcore.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
This is a serious album-of-the-year candidate for me. Amazing stuff in the vein of other great technical brutal death metal acts, such as Katalepsy (my favorite). Excellent technicality, slamming, and innovative chord-work. It has some Ulcerate-ish flavor sprinkled in with tiny doses to enhance the music and break up monotony found in other, lesser or average BDM fare. This soars above most of the rest. On top of that the production is FANTASTIC! Skull-crushing riffage abounds here and a distinctly hellish atmosphere pervades the album with the music itself. I give you:

dude - this art. I'm listening now.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:37 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

dude - this art. I'm listening now.

Cool, let me know what you think. The art and music are a quality match. :)

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:07 am 

Vomit God- Exuding Anal Pustule of Society

I will admit it took a few listens for this album to click with me, but now I turn to it quite often. Nice slamming brutal death metal with a rather raw/filthy production, not a polished Behemoth style production for certain. Some annoying and unnecessary samples bring down the overall enjoyment a bit, particularly on "Smeared Shit Sandwich"(unfortunate song title to begin with), but they are forgivable.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:34 pm 

Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy - 8.1.2

A short slam EP with an over the top joke band aesthetic is my favourite brutal death metal of the year? Believe it. This band's music is everything but a joke. With the most mammoth guitar tone this side of Torsofuck, and the most obnoxiously loud and weird sounding snare you're likely to hear in a while, this wrecks everything. The samples are awesome, the time signature changes are everywhere, and every slam is actually super distinctive and anything but stereotypical. At a super short length, this is also ideal for listening to again and again and again.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:39 pm 

Yeah it's cool, I just can't stand that fucking "show me, show me" sample on track 3.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 am 

Thanks for that. Slam's my jam.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:22 pm 

the new Corprocephalic is fucking insane. You guys heard it yet?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:46 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
the new Corprocephalic is fucking insane. You guys heard it yet?

Boring slamdeathcore with horrible vocals...rather listen to the debut.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:55 pm 

Cerebral Paralysis- Cycles of Evisceration

Damn fine crushing slamming brutal death metal presented here. Every track is pretty damn killer.

Neurogenic- Subdural Breeding

Awesome blasty brutal death metal, majorly disappointing there is only slightly over 4 minutes of music. Hopefully these guys will release a full length soon as I really dig this stuff.

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:55 am 

Any love for some old school shit?

Dehumanized - Prophecies Foretold (1998)
Iniquity - Serenadium (1996)
Pyaemia - Cerebral Cereal (2001)
Cerebral Hemorrhage - Exempting Reality (2001)
Cyanosis - Methods (1999)
Decrepit - Creation Of Sin (1995)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd THIS:
Desecration - Gore And Perversion (1995)

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm 

Iconic Vivisect- Monument of Depravity(non-shitty cover)

Damn, this is bludgeoning, brutal music. They are listed as technical brutal death metal, but that must be only for the song structures as they certainly don't have any widdly woodly technical guitar riffs/solos or the like. Nice stuff.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next