Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:06 am 

davenion wrote:
They are listed as technical brutal death metal, but that must be only for the song structures as they certainly don't have any widdly woodly technical guitar riffs/solos or the like.

some poeple associate the "technical" prefix with necrophagist-esque noodling around, but it means much more than that - notice how suffocation, nile and cryptopsy have it as well

Last edited by joppek on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 am 

Yeah.

davenion, I thought you were a death metal master, why the narrow-minded interpretation of tech?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:20 am 

5 favorites...

5. Katalepsy - Autopsychosis
4. Cerebral Bore - Maniacal Miscreation
3. Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
2. Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead
1. Suffocation - Pierced From Within

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:18 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Yeah.

davenion, I thought you were a death metal master, why the narrow-minded interpretation of tech?

Far from it, actually. I could not and should not be considered a master since I have avoided most of the bigger names in death metal. I have never listened much to bands like Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and so forth.

I wasn't exactly saying that I disagreed with Iconic Vivisect being labeled as tech, merely that their song structures don't really feature the main trappings you would think of when you hear tech death and they sound way more brutal(save perhaps for Defeated Sanity) than your average tech death band.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:59 pm 

Latest finds:

Ingested - The Architect Of Extinction. Brutal, technical excellence. Crunchy, raw, creative, and wel-produced.

Carnality - Dystopia. Diverse, we'll thought out brutal tech death.

These two are among my favorites this year behind Disentomb - Misery, which is far and away AOTY for me.

Re-visits:

Deeds Of Flesh - Portals To Cannon. Damn is this clean, brutal, and effective. Amazing stuff. This is one of the most precise bands in the genre and the production uniquely amazing in how clean yet brutal is really is. Love this one.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:42 am 

Splattered- Guttural Species

Can't really say much different about this album as I have already said in other posts. It's an enjoyable slam album and I dig it. The cover art is creepily fantastic, and the title of the album let's me imagine that if all the brutal death metal vocalists of the world were to meld together, this would be their final form.

Wizard1987
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:49 am 

This is my top five, later I will go listen some albums that you posted but I never listened to... maybe my chart will change, maybe not :P

So...
number 5: HOUR OF PENANCE - Paradogma (Let's start with a bit of Italian pride)
number 4: NILE - Annihilation of the wicked
number 3: CRYPTOPSY - None so vile (the only album by these guys that I like)
number 2: MALIGNANCY - Inhuman Grotesqueries
number 1: SUFFOCATION - Despise the Sun (Ok, it's just an EP but it's too cool to be exluded)

p.s. DYING FETUS on metal-archives are reported just as technical death metal... if they were reported also as brutal death metal I would added, of course, the masterpiece "Destroy the opposition". At the same tame CANNIBAL CORPSE are reported simply as death metal, I can't ignore "Tomb of the mutilated".

Batakanda
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:39 am 

Definitely Lykathea Aflame. One of the most unique brutal death metal albums out there. There is no other band who managed to fabricate an album like theirs.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 pm 

Deivos - Theodicy
Down From The Wound - Violence And The Macabre
Dismemberment Torture - Convulsions Of A Perfect Abomination

Three albums that are kicking my ass right now. All are 2015 new releases. The Deivos album is weird. Tight, technically brutal and elite production. Sinks in over multiple listens. Different from previous albums and they've tuned down a bit furtner. Love it.

The DFTW album is like Epicardiectomy but better and much better production. Great stuff.

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:04 pm 

I'm not sure if it really qualifies as brutal death metal, but it's certainly on the nastier side of death metal:

Purgatory - Damage Done by Worms

The production isn't the heaviest, but the vocals are just so damn amazing. I think there are two vocalists, one doing mostly deep growls and grunts, while the other one is doing screams and (slightly black metal-ish) shouts. The guitars are also very catchy, and overall tempo changes make for a really interesting listen.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 pm 

DreamOfDarkness wrote:
I'm not sure if it really qualifies as brutal death metal, but it's certainly on the nastier side of death metal:

Purgatory - Damage Done by Worms

The production isn't the heaviest, but the vocals are just so damn amazing. I think there are two vocalists, one doing mostly deep growls and grunts, while the other one is doing screams and (slightly black metal-ish) shouts. The guitars are also very catchy, and overall tempo changes make for a really interesting listen.

Sounds more like old-school death metal to me, with the fuzzy guitar sound and prominent bass. Sounds good though, certainly a far cry from the more modern/heavy production on their later albums. Pretty damn good cover art also.

lloyd93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:49 pm 

The Pleasuring in Suffering - Putrid Pile
Monolith of Inhumanity - Cattle Decapitation
Molesting the Decapitated - Devourment
Blasphemy Made Flesh - Cryptopsy
None so Vile - Cryptopsy

I'm more into Old School Death Metal, and but those are my top 5 brutal death metal albums

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:52 pm 

Sickening - The Beyond

It's ridiculously good technical brutal death. My 2nd-favorite album of this year only behind Disentomb - Misery. Amazing songs, riffs, and structures. Excellent crunchy, dirty-sounding guitars and so precise. What maybe stands out the most for me are the drums. So many tempo changes, fills, and brilliant changes not usually heard at this level within the genre or similar genres. I absolutely cannot get enough of this. The final track is my favorite. I love how they blend in dissonance and groove among constant crunchy churning of death-march.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:13 pm 

I have been listening to this album a lot lately. It's brutal death but not overly modern sounding. The riffs are pretty fast and very catchy, and while they do have some slower sections I wouldn't call them full on slams. Vocals are guttural but not too guttural for me and there are some shrieks. Wish they stuck around to record more than one album.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Sickening - The Beyond

It's ridiculously good technical brutal death. My 2nd-favorite album of this year only behind Disentomb - Misery. Amazing songs, riffs, and structures. Excellent crunchy, dirty-sounding guitars and so precise. What maybe stands out the most for me are the drums. So many tempo changes, fills, and brilliant changes not usually heard at this level within the genre or similar genres. I absolutely cannot get enough of this. The final track is my favorite. I love how they blend in dissonance and groove among constant crunchy churning of death-march.

Thanks for sharing, this is really hitting the mark, just like Misery.

Also, managed to catch Disentomb live last week, if anyone's near one of their tour dates, check them out - they're fantastic live. :)

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
I have been listening to this album a lot lately. It's brutal death but not overly modern sounding. The riffs are pretty fast and very catchy, and while they do have some slower sections I wouldn't call them full on slams. Vocals are guttural but not too guttural for me and there are some shrieks. Wish they stuck around to record more than one album.

This sounds awesome love the rawness of the production, typically thus far I aint found a legit download let alone copy on cd :ugh:

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:16 pm 

That Sickening album sounds dope as hell.

One of my favorite albums I've been spinning regularly would be Andromorphus Rexalia - Cosmic Collision into the Fifth Dimension

Recommended if you're into the more bizarre brutal death metal acts ala 7 H. Target, Mindly Rotten or perhaps Copremesis. It's a very out there sounding album and has much in common with the chaotic sounds of the Columbian scene.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:17 pm 

Deadly Sins- Transcendental Decapitation

Haven't frequented this thread in a long while, had become somewhat disinterested in BDM for a bit but am getting back into it. This is my first BDM purchase in a while, and it's a pretty damn good one. Nice pounding slam-ish grooves with faster,more technical areas. And damn, look at that bad-ass cover. Freaking Godzilla if he was injected with the T-Virus.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:45 pm 

Decrepit Cadaver- Putrid Stench of Psychotic Acts

Yeah, I really dig this album. Nice pounding and crunchy riffs. Not much in the way of technicality, not much in the way of slam, just crushing brutal death metal.

diseas3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:10 pm 

The entire Defeated Sanity discography. Distentomb - Misery is also an excellent BDM album...

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:39 pm 

Crypt Infection- Disentanglement

Very enjoyable technical brutal death. Interesting song structures, some nice solos, vocals that hit the spot. Good stuff.

Sang Dalang Abu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 am 

Found it at store. And i bought it. This band is Brutal Death Metal Elite from Czech Republic.

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (still this the best) IMO.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am 

These guys have the right mix of brutal death, slam, and tough guy hardcore. Although lesser known than Skinless, Dying Fetus, etc. I hold them right to their same level.

Speaking of Skinless, Trample The Dead, Hurdle The Weak is a monster -- probably the BDM album I've listen to the most.

I've also really dug the new Castrator EP:

Mike
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:37 am 

Yrael wrote:
Anasarca - Moribund

:bow:

https://youtu.be/qDuL9FMU72s

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15