Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 am 

My favorite slam album
Spoiler: show

Pure fucking slam.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm 

Dragging Entrails - Landfill Of The Butchered (2013)

Slamming awesomeness. Low, ugly, sick guitar riffing. Marching, slamming slow and mid-tempo songs that really are very well done. Excellent production and great album start to finish. Absolute 'must have' if you like slam/BDM. Certainly going to be in my top-10 list to say the least.

Deeds Of Flesh - Portals To Canaan (2013)

Amazing, brilliant technical brutal death. Fairly clean production; precise guitar riffing; interesting samples and interludes (not too many or too much). Cascading, twisting, turning songs that are interesting, complex, and fantastic. It's like new Wormed or Guttural Secrete only massively better. So good.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm 

Spotify recommended the new Deeds of Flesh album to me when I logged in my computer this morning. It's in the style of their last two but it's a lot more engaging. Sounds like it could be one of my favorites so far.

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:02 pm 

Decrepit Birth's Diminishing between worlds is definetly up there for me, extremely technical but screams brutal. There are some killers songs on that album.

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:57 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Cover-art is an integral part of the Heavy Metal music culture

I think it's great. Glad you posted them. Just remember not to read this thread at lunchtime! (urp)

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 am 

If it comes to good straight Brutal Death Metal, I like this album of Dvorhead from France a lot.

Unfortunately the band Disbanded after this release. But it might be for sale somewhere. Otherwise try Youtube or things like that.

~Guest 294409
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 am 

Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten - 1991 - R/C Records
This is where it all started folks. Old school brutal death metal at its finest.

Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated - 1999 - United Guttural Records
The first and best slam album(in my opinion) of all time. Just straight up skull crushing brutality here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmfbhxYj2s

Disgorge(mex) - Chronic Corpora Infest - 1997 - American Line Productions
Great brutal death/grind. This is the album that got me into both genres.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWsLOCsPbJs

Malignancy - Intrauterine Cannibalism - 1999 - United Guttural Records
Malignancy's best work easily. Although I love all of their albums this one with always be my favorite.

Last edited by ~Guest 294409 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 am 

Don't just post album covers. Say a few words about each band or album you post.

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 pm 

Not exacly brutal deathmetal but damn this shit slays. Blast beats galore, catchy riffs. No filler, Just 42 minutes of awesomeness. I need to check out more of this band. :headbang:

Great album with a dark atmosphere.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 pm 

Demonicon- Bloodlust

Holy shit, this is some raw death metal here. While I do like what I've heard from this album I will admit the somewhat lacking production takes away some of that "oomph" you would expect from a brutal death metal album. They do incorporate some pretty good leads and basswork here and there. I need to spin this a few more times and let it germinate, it'll probably be a grower.

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm 

Listening to this right now, totally crushing. Reminds me of Vomit The Soul at times.

Parasitic Ejaculation - Rationing The Sacred Human Remains

taufan99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 am 

Grausig - Feed the Flesh to the Beast (1994) Graveyard Productions
Grausig - In the Name of All Who Suffered and Died (2013) Self-released
Siksakubur - The Carnage (2001) Extreme Souls Productions
Siksakubur - Back to Vengeance (2002) Rottrevore Records
Siksakubur - St. Kristo (2012) Rottrevore Records
Forgotten - Obsesi Mati (2000) Extreme Souls Productions
Death Vomit - Eternally Deprecated (1999) Demented Mind Records
Death Vomit - The Prophecy (2006) Rottrevore Records
XTAB - Brutality in My Hand (2012) Pieces Records
Eternal Madness - Offerings to Rangda (1997) Em (Yes, the label's name is Em)
Eternal Madness - Abad Kegilaan (2007) Rottrevore Records
Actually, there are still other albums that I like, but maybe next time I'll post them

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:16 pm 

Cryptopsy's first two albums are among my favourite offerings of brutal death metal, for one simple reason-- sure, there's the amazing riffs, Lord Worm's awe-inspiring vocals, Mounier's notoriously insane drumming, etc. But the music is also organic. Too much brutal death metal lacks that quality-- much of it is simply too tight, too precise, it doesn't really make me feel anything. I mean, I love brutal death metal-- love my Suffocation, my Devourment, my Defeated Sanity, Aborted, Gorgasm, Malignancy, etc. But very little brutal death metal has the same kinetic energy and organic feeling of early Cryptopsy. I wish more could call upon that energy, really, but I suppose the fact that it's unique to Cryptopsy is what makes (made) that band so great.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 pm 

Deamon- Condemned to Darkness

A mighty fine slab of Canadian brutal death metal. Precision leads and riffs met with rapid-fire machinegun blasts. Killer stuff.

Necrobeast- Realms of Eternal Torment

These guys aren't exactly brutal death metal, even though they have their moments, but they still have put out an enjoyable death metal album. Figured I'd give them some support here since according to the Archives they are unsigned.

SculptedCold
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 am 

davenion wrote:

A mighty fine slab of Canadian brutal death metal. Precision leads and riffs met with rapid-fire machinegun blasts. Killer stuff.

Didn't know these guys had a new album out, thanks for the heads up. Their last one, Descend Dethrone was a brilliantly groovy chugfest.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:38 pm 

SculptedCold wrote:
davenion wrote:

Didn't know these guys had a new album out, thanks for the heads up. Their last one, Descend Dethrone was a brilliantly groovy chugfest.

Sure thing, glad to have been of some help in that regard. Reckon I'll have to check out Descend Dethrone at some point.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm 

Quote:
="Misfit74"]Dragging Entrails - Landfill Of The Butchered (2013)

Slamming awesomeness. Low, ugly, sick guitar riffing. Marching, slamming slow and mid-tempo songs that really are very well done. Excellent production and great album start to finish. Absolute 'must have' if you like slam/BDM. Certainly going to be in my top-10 list to say the least.

Not surprising, since it features members of Kraanium and Devour the Unborn. Well, DID feature members of Devour the Unborn anyways. Not a huge fan of slam but I do enjoy those two bands, so will have to check this one out.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:09 pm 

SculptedCold wrote:
davenion wrote:

Sure thing, glad to have been of some help in that regard. Reckon I'll have to check out Descend Dethrone at some point.

Likewise I knew this was coming but had no idea it was out already. Do try Descend Dethrone, it's some of the best steroid pumped Suffocation worship I've heard!

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 am 

Viral Load- Brutalized Beyond Belief

Some great slamming grooveness from these Texas brutal death metallers. Even features some rather nice melodies here and there. It's a shame they didn't have an actual drummer, but the drum programming is passable.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:35 pm 

Deathcrush- Collective Brain Infektion

Rather enjoyable crunchy death metal. They're labeled as Brutal Black/Death metal in the Archives, not sure where the "black" comes from.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 pm 

Infested Blood- Interplanar Decimation

Reminds me quite of bit of Internal Suffering's "Awakening of the Rebel": the non-stop barrage of fast, chaotic, rather technical guitarwork; the fast pounding drums, beast of a vocalist, but with the added bonus of a better production.

Stone69
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 am 

Dehumanized - Prophecies Foretold!

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 pm 

davenion wrote:
Viral Load- Brutalized Beyond Belief
Some great slamming grooveness from these Texas brutal death metallers. Even features some rather nice melodies here and there. It's a shame they didn't have an actual drummer, but the drum programming is passable.

FYI they have an actual drummer in the band now

"Darrel White Drums (2010-present)
See also: Uncleansed, ex-Wycked Synn"

I want to say that their newest release, Decade of Deepwood Debauchery is like a greatest hits preformed with said drummer. Don't quote me on that since its been awhile since I listened to any VL.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Brutality_Junkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 pm 

One of my favorite slam albums that barely gets any press is 'Blistering Corpse Abortion' by Drowning In Phemaldehyde.

I know Guttural Engorgement is Mike Rawl's most lauded project but their material has only ever been OK in my book. Drowning In Phemaldehyde on the other hand is genuinely unique and ridiculously massive. It's like Artery Eruption if they could actually write and play formless, anti-musical slam without being the worst band of all time.

Spoiler: show

^ That guitar tone makes Torsofuck's sound tame by comparison.

The only criticism I do have of the album is the re-recorded Guttural Engorgement material. Some of it's good (Cadaveric Maggot Copulation, Molested Dissection) but some of it is just terrible. (Slow Decay Of Infested Flesh)

peterpessimism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm 

Thought i'd revive this thread and recommend some killer albums released this and last year.

Pus Vomit- Stoned To Death

Human Mastication- Driven To Kill

Necrambulant-Infernal Infectious Necro-Ambulatory Pandemic

Prostitute Disfigurement- From Crotch To Crown

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:45 am 

Korpse - Korpse (2013)
Good ole knuckle-draggin' slam with amazing guitar tone. I don't know how I missed this album. It crushes. The artwork looks like a screen-grab from Max Payne or something, only better. One of the few slam death metal bands from the Netherlands from what I gather. Another major plus in my book.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:59 pm 

Inhumano- Torturas de Almas Oscuras.

Rather good brutal death from Chile. Some nice technical chops and grooves. Everything is in Spanish though. The full album can be heard on Youtube.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 am 

Four Formidable Forms split featuring Parasitic Ejaculation, Traumatomy, Intestinal Alien Reflux, and *sigh* Gorepot.

A nice slab of brutal death metal amongst the first three bands, Gorepot being the worst and retarded to the point of skipping every time. Parasitic Ejaculation and Intestinal Alien Reflux have some nice grooves, and Traumatomy is merely slamming greatness.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 am 

Rather surprised no one has posted the new Cerebral Effusion album, Idolatry of the Unethical. Bad-fucking-ass crunchy crushing brutal death metal, love this shit.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 am 

Disfigurement of Flesh- Herbarium with Grotesque Necrotic Malformations

Pure slamming awesomeness from these Russian slamheads. The guitarist is also a member of Traumatomy, so he has not one but two sick slam bands. Disfigurement of Flesh is the more interesting of the two in my opinion, at least judging by this album in any case.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm 

That Cerebral Effusion album is fantastic.

RepulsiveVenom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 pm 

Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth. Lust Of Decay - Infesting The Exhumed. Deicide - Once Upon The Cross. Broken Hope - Their entire discography. Evil Incarnate - Blackest Hymns Of God's Disgrace. Deeds Of Flesh - Trading Pieces. Fuck.... There are tons out there.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 pm 

Asphyxiate- Self Transform from Decayed Flesh

Nice album of Indonesian brutal death. Some nice pummeling fast riffs along with some slower crushing riffs, good stuff.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
That Cerebral Effusion album is fantastic.

Indeed. I checked out their previous album Impulsive Psychopathic Acts on Youtube, and while not bad, Idolatry of the Unethical far surpasses it in my opinion. Much more memorable riffing and overall songwriting.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:02 am 

Omnihility - Deathscapes Of The Subconscious [2014]

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:44 pm 

I looked through and realized that some of these were mentioned within the last couple of pages but I will repeat them anyway. I don't listen to much BDM as I think most of it is boring and soulless but these are some of the ones I like from the modern BDM variety.

Unbirth - Deracinated Celestial Oligarchy (2013)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXdjt5DuNI
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Unbirth/3540262186
Not the shiniest production but brutal and technical and not slammy. This was one of the first BDM albums I got into over the past couple years or so.

Heisenberg - S/T (2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rPQ8o8VmM
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hei ... 3540380405
It's refreshing to hear slam with different vocals. The vocals are more grind and hardcore oriented for starters. I generally find slam boring and soulless. You knew there had to be a Breaking Bad Reference by now :).

Relics of Humanity - Guided by the Soulless Call (2012)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaB-yfPyi7o
http://www.globaldomination.se/reviews/ ... lless-call Review heavily praising it.
I like the NYDM influence here with the grooving riffs and the cavernous vocals. This is a heavy album. I recall trying their 2014 album and from what I heard on youtube it didn't catch my attention much.

Xenomorphic Contamination - Chasm of no Return (EP, 2014)
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Xen ... 3540370923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDJcOAsmRw
Little bit slammy but not overdoing it in that department.

Disentomb - Sunken Chambers of Nephilim (2010)
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dis ... 3540290104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25M8pSFU0js
About as good as it gets for mindless blasting.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm 

Veiyadra- Gehenna

This is a first for me, an album from a Japanese band. Nice grooves and chunky riffs, some interesting drum patterns, as well as sporadic noodle-y bass work. Rather good.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm 

Quote:
I like the NYDM influence here with the grooving riffs and the cavernous vocals. This is a heavy album. I recall trying their 2014 album and from what I heard on youtube it didn't catch my attention much.

I agree and highly praised their first album as well. Like I mentioned before, I love how the guitarist was able to write riffs that were heavy and crushing but still had a technical edge to them without coming off as wankery. The beastly vocals are fantastic. I also have given a listen or two to their most recent album on Youtube, and while I recall there were some passages I liked here and there it didn't exactly move me either. The cover art by Dan Seagrave is rather ace, though.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:29 pm 

Ominous Gatekeeper self-titled

This is probably the doomiest album I've heard that can still qualify as brutal death metal. I appreciate the dark and brooding passages contained within. This album sort of reminds me of Splattered Entrails- Depths of Obscurity if that album was notched a bit lower in the production area, that sort of oppressive atmosphere that both have I suppose. The only real complaint I have is that Corey Athos for some reason decided to include basically the same interlude of a girl crying several times throughout the album. Thankfully they are their own tracks so are easily skipped, well, except for one track.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 am 

Aborted Fetus- Private Judgment Day

Rather enjoyable blasting brutal death metal with some good grooves here and there. Some of the songs are bit too short for my taste, though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next