Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm 

Article wrote:
Twilight Of The Gods - the band that formed as a Bathory tribute have signed a deal with Season Of Mist. The band have been writing their own original material together and should have a full-length album ready at some point next year. Here is a statement from the band:

"We are proud to sign a worldwide deal for Twilight Of The Gods with Season of Mist... So first question, why? The idea originally was to piece together an international band to pay tribute to Bathory. Nothing more and nothing less. A challenge and a homage. We toured the Bathory set last year and played some festivals here and there. We never say never again but some form of line was drawn under last years triumphant set at Ragnarok festival which made the whole journey seem worthwhile.

"We were asked to re-record Bathory classics and offered this and that to make DVDs and live albums. Never in a million years was this going to happen... Yet the chemistry was so good between the five members we talked about writing our own material. It seemed a shame to file away the energy and synergy on a dusty shelf somewhere when new possibilities were open to all of us.

"Life after all is about new challenges and journeys so in the month of October the five members of Twilight Of The Gods convened in Southern Portugal for a writing session. On the back of this a contract was signed and things began to take shape. None of us in our respective bands and pasts have ever played straight forward Heavy Metal and this is what Twilight Of The Gods is shaping up to be... Sure there are some Epic parts and some 70's rock influences but the vast majority of the material sounds truly classic metal.

"Right now we are looking at going into the studio sometime in the first couple of months of 2012. So expect a full on Heavy Metal album crafted by a motley crue with over 40 albums experience within them and two decades each individually sharpening their swords..."

Twilight Of The Gods are:

Patrik Lindgren - guitar
Alan "Nemtheanga" Averill - vocals
Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksen - guitar
Frode Glesnes - bass
Nick Barker - drums

This could be interesting; I'm wondering if they'll have a Bathory worship sound to them, or if they'll try to come up with their own sound. Either way, with those kind of names in the project, this will be something to look for. Gotta respect the hell out of them for no wanting to re-record Quorthon's material (even though a small part of me would be very curious to hear it).
Death metal is eternal.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 pm 

Hell yeah, great lineup. But i'll take another slab of Primordial over this any day of the week.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm 

New Blood Revolt first please, Alan.

RottingWays
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 pm 

I have never even heard of this band. Sounds interesting as long as it doesn't turn out to be Bathory rip off.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 pm 

Well, they were a Bathory cover band, sooooo...

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

RottingWays
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:09 pm 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Well, they were a Bathory cover band, sooooo...

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

That doesn't really mean that they have to be complete Bathory worship on their own debut album.

Bahamut7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 am 

I'm rather weary about this. I saw Twilight of the Gods live at Heidenfest 2010 and Alan didn't fit in the band at all. I'll still check out what they do with this to see if it's any good. Hopefully Alan shows to be better in the studio with the band than he was live.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:07 pm 

It also doesn't mean they'd completely abandon the Bathory sound, though I certainly hope though don't - I have a raging boner for well-done Bathory worship.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:20 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Hell yeah, great lineup. But i'll take another slab of Primordial over this any day of the week.

Kind of this but its not as though Primordial are splitting up, and its good to see Blasphemer doing something worthwhile. This has potential to be truly amazing.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:44 am 

Saw them live once, it was pretty good. Personally I hope they make music like what Bathory would've made if Quorthon hadn't died. This is going to be interesting to hear.

Reply to topic