Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Infernal_Desecrator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 pm 

I'm just curious about what are the reactions of the norwegian black metal bands on the norway killings?

todesengel89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 pm 

there's one by varg, it's on his website: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/war_in_europe01.shtml
Heavy Metal Tribune #007 feat. Paradise Lost, Rogga Johansson, Riti Occulti, Antin Graham & Nepente!

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 pm 

I doubt many would have much to say about it, at least in terms of press releases.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:59 am 

theyr massing..... they got something going on i bet ;D

nah but really, i wouldn't think they gave a shit after a few days unless it was personal for one of them, like lost family member or something... even then, i agree with theuglysoldier, i doubt we'll see many reactions besides varg.

Valdincan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am 

Its not the early 90s anymore, most BM musicians remaining arnt completely insane; most probably hate and condemn the attacks, like any of us would, but there is no reason for them to make a press release.

InTheShadowOfTheHorns
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am 

Enslaved posted a short bit on their Facebook after the attacks occurred, offering condolences to the families affected.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 am 

todesengel89 wrote:
there's one by varg, it's on his website: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/war_in_europe01.shtml

Man, is Varg a nutbag or what. Seems he's been living on a farm for a bit too long.

*Turns on Filosofem

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 am 

Varg's music is shit. Therefore he has to blog in order to stay down with the kids.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:46 am 

I think Shining wrote a small update on Facebook and Twitter about the attacks, but it wasn't anything other than the usual "our thoughts go out to blah blah"

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 pm 

What's so funny about black metal bands is that they always preach murder, genocide, war, but when someone acts in a concrete way, their hypocrite business relationships force them to condemn these acts and show compassion to the victims, in contradiction to all their lyrics.

Anyway, I disagree with Vikernes. Breivik killed people in order to protest against immigration and democracy, and his message has been heard. Thus I support him. I don't care if he supports Jews and Zionism, because it has little to do with this case. He only took a pro-Zionist stance in his 1500 pages manifest (probably one or two sentences out of 1500 pages). Like they always do, neurotic anti-Zionists find a way to blame it on Jews. They are not a revolutionary movement, only maniacs who repeat dogmas and rumours.

I support Breivik, as well as I supported Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Timothy Mac Veigh. Any violent action against this anti-nature and anti-life form that incarnates the Western democratic society is profitable, and will probably be seen as so in future history.

Corpsey the Clown
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm 

KFD wrote:
I support Breivik, as well as I supported Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Timothy Mac Veigh. Any violent action against this anti-nature and anti-life form that incarnates the Western democratic society is profitable, and will probably be seen as so in future history.

You're totally nuts, but whatever. I won't try to convince you how ridiculous it is to support this guy's actions. Anyone with eyes to see knows that when you resort to wanton violence and murder to spread your message, any merits it might have are inevitably lost on the very people you're attempting to influence. Besides killing many people who had never done him harm, all Breivik did was waste his life on a doomed and ultimately meaningless anti-immigration phobia, alienating and frightening millions of Norweigans who may have otherwise empathized with his cause.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 pm 

I disagree. People are brainwashed, even if they empathize with our message (and I can tell you from my personal experience that they do), they will never break the taboos that democracy taught them. I believe that man is a social animal formatted by education, who follows instincts and not reason. Only fear and violence can change the society, that's why all great politicians that we study in history lessons were above all warriors and conquerors.

Oh, and I wanted to add something. The motto of the international black metal scene should be verba, non acta:
Words, not deeds

RedAnkh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm 

Mass murder isn't a good thing at all you fuckin' psycho.

JAPANESEPENISYNDROME
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm 

KFD wrote:
I believe that man is a social animal formatted by education, who follows instincts and not reason. Only fear and violence can change the society

So education is what pushes man to act on instinct, and fear and violence are the reasonable way to act?

KFD wrote:
international black metal scene

You sir are a childish dumbfuck.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm 

KFD wrote:
Thus I support him. I don't care if he supports Jews and Zionism, because it has little to do with this case. He only took a pro-Zionist stance in his 1500 pages manifest (probably one or two sentences out of 1500 pages).

I recall reading in the manifesto how he was against zionism and related. Am I remembering wrong? Also, I recall the history section that dealt with it being really long...

deathsane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm 

You actually read it? The whole thing?

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:27 pm 

deathsane wrote:
You actually read it? The whole thing?

Nope, bits and pieces, wasn't interesting enough to read the whole thing. I skipped most of the rather long history section which I recall being full of revisions concerning the middle east, zionism, and europe's supposed role. I'm not really knowledgeable enough in history to say how much of it was true or not. Though I don't recall it being short or pro-zionist, maybe I forgetting... :shrug:

deathsane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:42 pm 

Ah, good. I was just wondering why would anybody waste their time with it.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 pm 

“So let us fight together with Israel, with our Zionist brothers against all anti-Zionists, against all cultural Marxists/multiculturalists.” (Anders Breivik)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... right.html

Quote:
So education is what pushes man to act on instinct, and fear and violence are the reasonable way to act?

That's what democratic capitalist education does (competition, survival of the fittest...). A healthy education would obviously push man to act on reason rather than instinct.

Corpsey the Clown
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 pm 

That means nothing. Trace our actions back far enough and you'll find that everyone acts on instinct, using reason as a cover to justify what they did. We spend our lives convinced that we are behaving rationally, but we're really not. Reason is an illusory conceit unique to humans. We can define it, but we rarely practice it whether we're democratic, communist or anarchist. At the end of the day, government and social conditioning are irrelevant to what people want and what they'll do to get it. The way I see it, you're using democracy as a straw man for the flaws that we all share.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 pm 

I still disagree, but we are off topic.
In short, I think democracy introduced free market in social relationships: everything based on the law of supply and demand. In traditional and authoritarian regimes, there is always a ruling entity who controls the feuds between individuals. That's the role of the State in democracy, but in fact the State is nothing but the instrument of power of the upper classes.
Like Plato said, democracy is the reign of liars and cheaters.

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:25 pm 

KFD wrote:
What's so funny about black metal bands is that they always preach murder, genocide, war, but when someone acts in a concrete way, their hypocrite business relationships force them to condemn these acts and show compassion to the victims, in contradiction to all their lyrics.

Anyway, I disagree with Vikernes. Breivik killed people in order to protest against immigration and democracy, and his message has been heard. Thus I support him. I don't care if he supports Jews and Zionism, because it has little to do with this case. He only took a pro-Zionist stance in his 1500 pages manifest (probably one or two sentences out of 1500 pages). Like they always do, neurotic anti-Zionists find a way to blame it on Jews. They are not a revolutionary movement, only maniacs who repeat dogmas and rumours.

Everything you said was wrong. Kill yourself.

RabbitOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:04 pm 

KFD wrote:
I disagree. People are brainwashed, even if they empathize with our message (and I can tell you from my personal experience that they do), they will never break the taboos that democracy taught them. I believe that man is a social animal formatted by education, who follows instincts and not reason. Only fear and violence can change the society, that's why all great politicians that we study in history lessons were above all warriors and conquerors.

Absurd. What do killings like this accomplish? Nothing, just death and grieving. The problem with political violence is that it has to be overwhelming a la Russian Revolution. If the opposition to your group still exists, you've accomplished nothing. An attack like this changes no one's opinions, and in many cases such violence only begins a cycle in which the victimized strike back.

Also, all McVeigh accomplished in the long run was teaching the FBI how to take care of people like him and the rest of your heroes.

KFD wrote:
Oh, and I wanted to add something. The motto of the international black metal scene should be verba, non acta:
Words, not deeds

Um, yeah. I guess it's easier to write about being misanthropic and use dark imagery than it is to go kill people.

Similarly, preaching murder on a metal message board is easier than going out and doing it, huh?

Also, putting that in Latin doesn't make it any cooler.

2conan4u
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 pm 

This thread made me laugh.

Reactions from black metal people like they are some sort of different person ? Unhuman ?
There will be intelligent ones and dumb ones, like every other type of poster in the threads.

Or general indifference like most humans until something happens that directly affects their own life.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 pm 

RabbitOfDoom wrote:
Absurd. What do killings like this accomplish? Nothing, just death and grieving. The problem with political violence is that it has to be overwhelming a la Russian Revolution. If the opposition to your group still exists, you've accomplished nothing. An attack like this changes no one's opinions, and in many cases such violence only begins a cycle in which the victimized strike back.

Do you believe in the usefulness of terrorism or not? The nationalist movement is not in a position able to overwhelm the government, like Russian Bolsheviks did with the Czar. It can only pressure democracy in order to keep a certain visibility. Breivik is not an idiot - I don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem to be. He acted like this because he has his own agenda. Do you think that he just wanted to exert his sadistic will to kill? He wanted to attract attention on his ideas, and he succeeded.
Anyway, do you think I can influence people though my posts on the internet, or through my musical projects? If yes, who will have the strongest influence between Breivik and people like me?

Quote:
Also, all McVeigh accomplished in the long run was teaching the FBI how to take care of people like him and the rest of your heroes.

Some months after Auvinen's killing spree in Finland, another Finnish boy did approximately the same, he even announced what he was going to do on Youtube. Lonelwolves are really difficult to spot, because they keep theirs plans secret and do not mix with political movements.

Quote:
Um, yeah. I guess it's easier to write about being misanthropic and use dark imagery than it is to go kill people.
Similarly, preaching murder on a metal message board is easier than going out and doing it, huh?

You're right. But I'm not preaching murder for the sake of it. The fact is that violence has a strong impact on the media in our spectacular society. I regret to say it, but using violence is one of the best ways to spread a message.

Quote:
Reactions from black metal people like they are some sort of different person ? Unhuman ?

I thought they were supposed to be an intellectual/moral elite, aren't they? Or at least, a subversive counterculture.

2conan4u
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 pm 

People are people, some try harder to be something else, but in the end the same vices get us all.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:41 pm 

KFD wrote:

It's a theme, not a way of life.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:42 pm 

KFD wrote:
Breivik killed people in order to protest against immigration and democracy, and his message has been heard. Thus I support him.

Umm, that's the problem with your whole argument

Sure, you can be anti-immigration and all that jazz. I, myself, can certainly understand the immigration concerns in Europe, but that is no reason to go on a mass killing spree and kill dozens of innocent people just to advance your own crappy political agenda. I may be a nihilist, but morals are a useful thing to have and supporting mass murderers is not only morally disgusting, but extremely stupid. You can somewhat agree with them, and that's fine, but fully supporting him? That's just disgusting.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:16 pm 

I have a moral too, and I'm not a nihilist. According to my moral, it's better to kill dozens of "innocents" (in fact youths of the left-wing party, thus future preachers of immigration and race mixing) than to let Muslim or other non-White strangers invade our continent and threaten our culture and way of life, because in the end we will die too when they reach a sufficient number. They may not directly shoot us, but when they invade our townships, steal our possessions and inseminate our women, the result is the same: death of White people, or submission to foreigners.

Don't you see a link between non-White immigration and the rise of criminality in Europe?

Quote:
People are people, some try harder to be something else, but in the end the same vices get us all.

Not on the same degree for everyone. Some people are more vicious than others. And some people are far from what they pretend to be.

Quote:
It's a theme, not a way of life.

What about integrity? A hollow word? A selling point?

JAPANESEPENISYNDROME
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:30 pm 

Te'kk er jerbs!

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:32 pm 

Quote:
I have a moral too, and I'm not a nihilist. According to my moral, it's better to kill dozens of "innocents" (in fact youths of the left-wing party, thus future preachers of immigration and race mixing) than to let Muslim or other non-White strangers invade our continent and threaten our culture and way of life, because in the end we will die too when they reach a sufficient number. They may not directly shoot us, but when they invade our townships, steal our possessions and inseminate our women, the result is the same: death of White people, or submission to foreigners.

Don't you see a link between non-White immigration and the rise of criminality in Europe?

Yeah, while we are at it, let's go shoot anyone else with leftist viewpoints and leave only conservatives in Europe and then kick out all the Muslims! Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty right-winged myself, but killing people with different viewpoints is never a good way to push your agenda. You sir, disgust me. (I think I've said it three times now.)

Thrash_metal_forever
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 am 

KFD, I just want to say fuck you and everything you stand for.

AppleQueso wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:
How ironic. I don't really wear jackets or vests, so this is really not something I can help with.

how the hell is that "ironic"?

thomash
Metal Philosopher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 am 

I have a heaping pile of bones to pick with KFD:

1) Black metal lyrics are obviously not a necessary indicator of real political beliefs. In fact, lyrics are a terrible medium for communicating any sort of complex ideas. As Voltaire said, "Whatever is too stupid to be spoken is sung." The point is that song lyrics are designed to fit the mood of the music through the right sounds and turns of phrase. Calling black metal musicians hypocritical for contradicting the ideas in their lyrics is like calling an actor a con artist because he misrepresented his identity.

2) Plato's distaste for democracy probably had something to do with the fact that the people of Athens voted to have Socrates killed. If you think that killing people will make people more rational, you have completely misunderstood everything that Plato ever wrote. Plato and Socrates clearly believed that wisdom and rationality consisted in questioning the basis for your beliefs in a discursive context. That discourse can't happen, as should be obvious to all but the most self-deluded narcissist, if you're using violence to enforce your beliefs on them. "Fear and violence" close minds and any 'agreement' that you create through such means will be dropped as soon as your power wanes. Anyone (including you, KFD) who says otherwise is a petty, spiteful adolescent indulging his/her own sadistic fantasies.

History's conquerors never established anything of lasting value - only their subjects could do that. While Alexander's empire fragmented the instant he died, Greek art and thought has survived for centuries. It should come as a surprise to no one (other than, apparently, KFD) that periods of violence are associated with losses of knowledge and civilization backsliding into barbarism. Anyone who takes inspiration from 'conquerors' is drinking from a poisoned well. In short, there has never been a more harmful, foolish, and erroneous idea than that violence can in any way promote salutary ideologies.

4) There is absolutely NO necessary, direct, causal relationship between immigrant's and increased crime. History shows a plethora of outbreaks of xenophobia not unlike yours, KFD, but almost no justification for any of them. In the modern day, European crime is not primarily associated with Muslim immigrants, regardless of what scaremongers and propagandists would tell you. The demographic evidence I have seen is unambiguous; native Europeans in countries such as England are overwhelmingly responsible for crime in their countries. Native Europeans are undoubtedly responsible for far more crimes against immigrants than vice versa.

In conclusion, you are obviously a bigoted, sophomoric idiot with a massive inferiority complex. Your arguments are patently false. I will therefore proceed to ignore you and forget your existence much the same way that the world will soon forget Breivik's sad, pathetic bullshit.

Valdincan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:36 am 

Man this Black Metal is gonna be a huge cultural shift once the plebs get wind of these, completely serious and in no way just having fun, messages about murder 'n satanism 'n shit. Soon we will live in a Satanic Fascist Paradise, where the white man can eat flesh and rape all they want, as preached by the great philosophers of BM. Ignore the %90 of BM bands that are not political, they are not true.

Lets go fire bomb a Death Metal show, the musicians in that genre write about completely different things, always pushing a democratic, pro immigration message.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:53 am 

KFD wrote:

Are you guys hearing this shit! Remember MadTrasilvanian? He had nothing on this guy.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 am 

KFD wrote:
I support Breivik, as well as I supported Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Timothy Mac Veigh.

So, essentially, you think killing several people after getting frustrated because of complete inability to get laid just once in a lifetime is a profound statement worthy of support? Check...

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:13 am 

This turned out to be a much more interesting thread than I initially supposed.

thomash -- well said.

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 am 

KFD, are you La Sale Famine de Valfunde from Peste Noire?

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:40 am 

thomash wrote:
Native Europeans are undoubtedly responsible for far more crimes against immigrants than vice versa.

I agree with everything you wrote, but this. Few (close to no one) would ever dare attack an Arab where I live. The instant you did it you'd have to move away from your neighborhood and never come back (if you even make it that far). People fear them and that has given them more power than you could imagine. You can't even open a shop here without paying protection money and whatnot. New figures showed that most immigrant males with an Arab background will be convicted of a crime at one point in their life. It's a huge problem and the politicians are aware of it, but none of them knows what to do about it.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 am 

Razakel wrote:
KFD wrote:

Are you guys hearing this shit! Remember MadTrasilvanian? He had nothing on this guy.

Yup. While people such as Hitler and Stalin might have thought in the same way, they at least had the sense to commit crimes that directly addressed the imaginary problems they hallucinated. In this case, there's absolutely no connection between the crime and the issues the delusional moron wanted to preach on. It was random and illogical, unlike, say, Treblinka, which at least made a confused, horrific and completely repulsive attempt at doing something about the perceived and insane problem formed in someone's diseased brain.

There ARE situations where collaterals are unavoidable, and even worth causing in the real world. But here, the issue aren't the collaterals, it's the complete and inexplicable misdirection of aggression, and that will probably turn the opinion against Breivik's ideas, if I know the Nordic people at all.

If he had wished to address the immigration problem, and make a mark that had any lasting value, he would have attacked a refugee center or a mosque. But no, he chose an easy target. What a hero, scared of a counterattack by people who would NOT have taken him prisoner.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next