Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 pm 

Does anyone know whats up with the release of Gorguts new album? I feel like I read something in February or March stating that the album was almost done, just lyrics and vocals left.

Since then they cancelled a European tour and have kept quite. This is the only release I can muster any excitement for this year (cos we're def not getting new Pig Destroyer...) so, as you can assume, I'm dying for info!

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:25 pm 

I had the chance to talk to John Longstreth for a little bit after the Origin show in Merriam, and I asked him what it was like to work with Luc. He said it was a great time and he had a lot of fun, and that Luc is like a "little 12 year old excited to do everything and loves every second of it." I asked him something along the lines of 'so the album got delayed,' he nodded his head yes and I asked why. He replied with "record labels suck." When I asked him if he was going to tour with him he said he'd love to, but Origin always comes first.

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:58 pm 

Thank you!

That's what I was expecting though regarding label issues. Such a silly industry. Here's hoping it comes out sooner rather than later.

billboy73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:01 pm 

yeah, I talked with John about it a few weeks ago too. Basically, lawyers and record label crap. I really hope this stupid crap gets resolved soon, because I really want to hear this.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:54 pm 

I want this now goddamnit.

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:59 pm 

http://www.bravewords.com/news/166768

This is an interview with Luc that was posted today. He mostly talks about the reform/what the next album will sound like. I thought it was interesting.
Death metal is eternal.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 pm 

Was anyone else at Maryland Deathfest last year? Half of Gorguts' setlist was new material off of this unreleased album. Personaly, if the album fallows what they played live, this will be one fucking awesome record. I cant wait. Only thing is he didnt sing over the new songs but Im sure his voice will be same as always.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:29 pm 

yea at that time he hadn't wrote lyrics. he said before that he composes the music first and then spends the time writing and arranging the lyrics.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:32 pm 

TheIbexMoon666 wrote:
Was anyone else at Maryland Deathfest last year? Half of Gorguts' setlist was new material off of this unreleased album. Personaly, if the album fallows what they played live, this will be one fucking awesome record. I cant wait. Only thing is he didnt sing over the new songs but Im sure his voice will be same as always.

I was there and yes, the new stuff fucking ruled. I have no doubts about how awesome this record will be. I've been loving this year in music but I'm still waiting for Gorguts to return and blow everyone the fuck off the map with something monumental.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm 

The last thing I heard was that they were looking for some label support for the album but were having a hard time finding what they wanted. I believe distribution/promotion are the main factors.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 am 

I read in a French interview it's been pushed back to next year. It's on Gorguts' facebook.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Vrede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 am 

triggerhappy wrote:
I read in a French interview it's been pushed back to next year. It's on Gorguts' facebook.

This killed my day...

Speak for yourself.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 am 

yeah the new album won't be released until next year unfortunately, they said it should be released early 2012 though so its not too long of a wait

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 am 

I think it'll be a really good album and I'm anticipating it with great glee. It's unfortunate that it was delayed but at least it's going to be happening, and it's nearly 2012 now, so there's really not that long to go.

I was actually thinking of this today as to what's happening with Gorguts, because I hadn't heard much from them. Good to know things are progressing nicely despite label gayness.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 pm 

I can't take another 6 months without this album. It's going to be like that episode of Metalocalypse.

plagueofangels
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 pm 

This is so fucking overdue already man, it will be glorious to see these guys finish this record. They've obviously put in tons of work on it.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 pm 

What about that talk of Obscura on vinyl? Is that still going to happen in the near future?

zzerk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:11 pm 

Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
What about that talk of Obscura on vinyl? Is that still going to happen in the near future?

As far as I know, it's still coming out on War on Music on CD and vinyl. They came through with From Wisdom to Hate so I don't see why this won't happen. It's due out in a few months.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:29 pm 

zzerk wrote:
Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:

As far as I know, it's still coming out on War on Music on CD and vinyl. They came through with From Wisdom to Hate so I don't see why this won't happen. It's due out in a few months.

Yeah but the cd reissue seems to have died... At least collectors are happy right?!

Anyway the new album will only come out next year? Ah crap... They were supposedly to have it released by SOM then they allegedly changed to CM, now what? So much waiting is killing me!

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm 

Bumping to see if anyone has heard an update on this.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 pm 

I talked with Luc at the Death To All show here in Chicago, and he said that they've got things pretty well hammered out, they just need to land some finishing touches and cement the deal with the label (which indicates that previous label efforts have fallen through). He wouldn't say which label it was, but, you know, legal bullshit. So hopefully it'll be out this fall or early next year. But it is coming! He did promise that!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:56 pm 

i wait with baited breath, this thread was almost condemned to obscurity...

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 pm 

Thank you very much for the response. Great to hear!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 pm 

So, what did the new songs actually sound like?

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm 

Ideally, any label should be like, "Okay, you guys are fucking Gorguts, what do you want us to do? We'll do it!"

Or at least, that's what I would do, but I guess that's also why I don't run a label...oh well, I really want to hear this album this year.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm 

I'm not sure how excited I am now that the new album is going to have influences from Porcupine Tree and Opeth. Åkerfeldt wrote some very good riffs in the early days, but I gathered that Lemay referred to the progressive elements of these bands more than melody and riffing. I have hard time imagining what a combination of Lemay's signature riffing style and proggy melodic style would sound like.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:

Really? Damn. A new Gorguts would be pretty interesting. Any streams of the new material out there?

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:32 pm 

iAm wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:

Really? Damn. A new Gorguts would be pretty interesting. Any streams of the new material out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0FiOrw_-HA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWqNR4xFCzg

nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:45 pm 

iAm wrote:
triggerhappy wrote:

You do realize this is an old thread and triggerhappy's post was in August of last year? So he meant that it was being pushed back to this year, 2012. But I guess that doesn't matter anyway cause it looks like it probably won't be until 2013

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:15 pm 

I asked them on facebook few mounts ago and they told me that they are still dealing with some legal stuff with labels and hopefully it will come out this year.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:58 pm 

nosferatu1234 wrote:

You do realize this is an old thread and triggerhappy's post was in August of last year? So he meant that it was being pushed back to this year, 2012. But I guess that doesn't matter anyway cause it looks like it probably won't be until 2013

Well, no I didn't notice that. Hopefully this won't turn out like Wintersun's "Time."

Thanks for the links, Deathstalker.

RacoCooper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 am 

I'd love a new album but I really, REALLY want to see Obscura reissued.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 am 

RacoCooper wrote:
I'd love a new album but I really, REALLY want to see Obscura reissued.

Buy a record player and go visit War On Music's web store.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:30 am 

Yea you could've ordered the reissued vinyl from century media for 13 bucks. I'm not sure if they increased the price since then cause I preordered it.

I had my original cd I got when it was released but it was nice to get this on vinyl to appreciate the cover more so. It's displayed in my room with all my vinyl.

On a side note... want the new album.... like now. goddamn legal retardation gumming up everything.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:19 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
So, what did the new songs actually sound like?

They didn't play any new songs when I saw them in SF. Regardless it was an amazing experience. And everything sounded so much more massive and pummeling live, especially "Orphans of Sickness".

Honestly, I've been waiting so long for this new album that waiting even more doesn't bother me. At least now I've finally seen them live.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm 

the new material sounds like from wisdom to hate but with more epic oriented songwriting. Its not too distant from what ulcerate is doing.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
the new material sounds like from wisdom to hate but with more epic oriented songwriting. Its not too distant from what ulcerate is doing.

The Ulcerate comparison is warranted, but I feel (from what I've heard) that the riffs are way more interesting. I can't wait for this thing to drop.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm 

well ulcerate's biggest influence is fwth to begin with anyway.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm 

Gorguts wrote:
Hi everybody, I know it's been a while... Just to let you know that we will announce you a very good news in a couple days. So stay tuned!!!!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 pm 

This surely stirred some movement on their FB page. Let's see what it is they're announcing, I mean after all this time and so many broken promises... :grumble:

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next