Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Yeah got my package today already, and it's really killer. It's one of those cases of the internet finding quality material that was overlooked in its own time and now it's getting it'd due love (at least in this niche corner of the internet). It's good stuff, I like.

The internet? People worshipped Timeghoul back in the day.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:33 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
I would've bought both if I could've found both I'll keep looking I guess. But yeah I'm in no way disappointed that I got it, I'm super happy actually just to be able to own a piece of history like that. It's going to be a nice addition to my blossoming collection.

Well the 2CD just came out and you can check my link for that one. The digipak was the first pressing with just the first two demos.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 pm 

Is the new LP the same as this 2cd set?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
Well the 2CD just came out and you can check my link for that one. The digipak was the first pressing with just the first two demos.

Ok awesome and thanks, is it going to be uber limited and rare or is their going to be a decent amount of copies made?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 pm 

hell the first digipack was a 1000 copies and it sold out in a couple of months.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 pm 

Yeah I know that's why I snatched the one I found on Amazon and why I'm asking about this. I want to know if I can wait a week till I get paid again or if I need to bust out the good old credit card right now.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Starwind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:59 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
With that said, it wasn't the intention of adding all this material later in a second pressing, it just worked out that way when Antonio opened up the Timeghoul "vault" and allowed us to include a ton of new material, including the unreleased demo.

Yeah, I figured as much. Dark Descent doesn't seem like a label that would pull that shit on purpose. Still, the wallet's a bit tighter right now, but I'd love to get my hands on those tracks. Despite being a compilation/reissue of sorts, the Timeghoul discography was one of my favourite releases last year. I know demand will be fairly high, but there should still be a few of these copies kicking around in a few months' time, yeah?

By_Inheritance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 am 

Conservationism wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Yeah got my package today already, and it's really killer. It's one of those cases of the internet finding quality material that was overlooked in its own time and now it's getting it'd due love (at least in this niche corner of the internet). It's good stuff, I like.

The internet? People worshipped Timeghoul back in the day.

No. Timeghoul have, and will always be a cult band. Maybe you, or the people you knew 'worshiped' them, but they were extremely unknown even back in the day. Thanks to the Internet a lot more people have discovered them, but even then they are still obscure.

Has anyone heard the stuff on this second disc? Is it any good? I bought the first digipak pressing when it was announced. Great stuff, but now that this two disc version is out, I feel like i'm missing out. Is it worth it?

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:19 pm 

Starwind, yeah, this pressing should be around a little longer than the first. Limitation is the same but considering the anticipation for the initial run, they went pretty fast. I sold nearly half that pressing just through my distro alone, so it didn't get distributed much through my normal channels.

The additional material is awesome...the Webster Session demo is great stuff and to me, it's worth it alone just to check out the 1989 stuff.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 am 

As much as I'd like some extra material, the first re-release that I have will continue to tide me over. I imagine this one will also sell like hotcakes, though.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8