Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:59 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Compositionally inferior to Graveland doesn't promise anything good. I've never been able to listen to a Graveland song in its entirety.

Well, I'm not a particularly big fan of Graveland either, but I can happily leave Ildra's album playing away, either with headphones on or just in the car while I'm driving. I'm not sure what it is composition-wise that you don't like, but Ildra feels like it has much more passion with me, whereas much of Graveland just feels so... empty and dreary, in comparison (comparison being the key word,I do like flicking on the odd Graveland song every now and then).

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 am 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Compositionally inferior to Graveland doesn't promise anything good. I've never been able to listen to a Graveland song in its entirety.

Well, I'm not a particularly big fan of Graveland either, but I can happily leave Ildra's album playing away, either with headphones on or just in the car while I'm driving. I'm not sure what it is composition-wise that you don't like, but Ildra feels like it has much more passion with me, whereas much of Graveland just feels so... empty and dreary, in comparison (comparison being the key word,I do like flicking on the odd Graveland song every now and then).

Don't misunderstand, mine was merely a reply to Expedience's claim. I haven't had the time to even listen to this Ildra album yet.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 pm 

No, I got that much, I was just explaining my own experience with how the two compare is all, in case your dislike of Graceland scares you away from what I personally think is a better band, or at least, a sufficiently different one.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:15 pm 

This is actually really cool. Can't say I'm familiar with Moonsorrow at all, but this is some good stuff. I like the little folk-y riffs and Forefather-esque sections. Might have to check the full album out.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:

I don't think Ildra sounds anything like Graveland, compositionally or otherwise. Ildra sounds more to me like early Falkenbach, or like epic period Bathory with black metal vocals (which I don't think Graveland sounds like at all).

Arjan333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm 

I'm mastering the Ildra album for the vinyl release right now, the sound is going to be a bit heavier / more body compared to the cd. Gonna be an EPIC release!

BBEdrummerAK wrote:
Arjan333 wrote:
It's funny seeing this thread, since I've been on an Ildra kick lately! I actually just ordered my shirt last night. Arjan333 is the person behind the Heidens Hart label, and might I add a pleasure to work with. Considering my shirt is coming from the Netherlands to Alaska, the fact that Im paying less than 20€ is extremely reasonable!

Cheers!

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 pm 

I came across Ildra a few yeara ago maybe? A demo track download?

I have to say that I love Ildra's album and can't wait for a new release
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm 

I enjoyed the album, but calling it better than Graveland is plain wrong and ignorant.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:00 pm 

I enjoyed the album, but I'm glad the new Moonsorrow didn't sound like it. It could rather be described as a second rate Primordial, though I mean that in the best possible sense.

Arjan333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 am 

The LP version is now at the press and can be pre-ordered :).

Quote:
Pre-orders accepted for the following releases listed below. All releases are in the hands of the pressing plant as we speak. We've tried our best to have the LPs sound and look better than the CD versions. Pressed on black vinyl only - there are no diehard versions or any sort useless goodies or gimmicks included. Preliminary release date for all titles listed below: beginning of february 2014.

Ildra 'Eðelland' LP lim. 300

Ancestors Blood 'A moment of clarity' LP lim. 300

Circle Of Ouroboros 'The final egg' digipack CD lim. 200

More info: www.heidenshart.nl.nu

Arjan333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:51 pm 

OUT NOW!

ILDRA 'Eðelland' LP

Authentic and organic pagan Anglo Saxon black metal alternated with short folk parts performed on traditional instruments. The result is a remarkably unique album filled with melodic and furious hymns and provoking and commanding rhythms and vocals, topped with one of the most epic, dynamic and bombastic productions since "Hammerheart".
Listen: http://heidenshart.bandcamp.com/album/e-elland

Also out now:
ANCESTORS BLOOD 'A moment of clarity' CD / LP
ANCESTORS BLOOD 'Return of the ancient ones' CD / LP
IRRWISCH 'Fallwind/An der Nebelgrenze' 7"

Ancestral Arts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:05 pm 

UK distribution by Ancestral Arts Distribution.
Special limited-time-only offer of £10 (+ £2.75 postage within the UK).

http://www.ancestralarts.bigcartel.com/
ancestralartsdistro {at} gmail {.} com

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 pm 

Loved the last Moonsorrow their best in years. Also a killer live band as well!

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm 

Hmm.
This may be a low blow, but when I seen the latest Moonsorrow album (Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa) in comparison to the previous excellent artwork (V: Hävitetty) I pretty much believed suckage was in the deliverance anyways hahahaha.

Seriously though, how do you go from wicked painting to shadowy band member inner booklet image to cover depiction and expect to be taken seriously. Meh... sounds like the music wasn't that good anyways or that much confidence was in that last album considering how little effort was put into presentation of it. ...speculation? perhaps, but not unbelievable to assume considering.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:24 am 

DennisDemoniarch wrote:
Hmm.
This may be a low blow, but when I seen the latest Moonsorrow album (Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa) in comparison to the previous excellent artwork (V: Hävitetty) I pretty much believed suckage was in the deliverance anyways hahahaha.

Seriously though, how do you go from wicked painting to shadowy band member inner booklet image to cover depiction and expect to be taken seriously. Meh... sounds like the music wasn't that good anyways or that much confidence was in that last album considering how little effort was put into presentation of it. ...speculation? perhaps, but not unbelievable to assume considering.

Yes, last albums atwork sucked so much, a quite simple, boring and lazy work if you compare it with the previos amazing cover. Musically is not that bad, it has some great moments but as you have said it seems that they didnt put so much effort doing it, It think that Moonsorrow reached its peak as band with V Hävittety.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:43 am 

listening to a track or two on youtube and this is really cool. agreed with the "this doesn't actually sound like moonsorrow" comments, but i'm digging the blood fire death/later graveland vibe anyway. artwork is really cool, too.

i would also like to point out that the last moonsorrow album was fantastic, in any case. sure, the artwork for havitetty was 6000x better, i'll give ya that, but eh!

Ancestral Arts
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:17 am 

Arjan333 wrote:
OUT NOW!

ILDRA 'Eðelland' LP

LAST FEW COPIES AT ANCESTRAL ARTS DISTRO (uk), currently on special summer sale:

http://ancestralarts.bigcartel.com/prod ... nd-lp-2014

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:54 am 

Ancestral Arts is about to get a warning for that.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2