Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Batakanda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 pm 

The album is expected to be released on October, 13th (EU) and October, 14th (US)

Their new song from their upcoming album has already been released.

The jazz elements which could be found in their previous albums are entirely gone, it seems like this album is going to be far more based on the death metal aspect.

What do you guys think about this track? Better or worse than their last album?

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 pm 

I like the vox as they've gotten a little more low, but they're still too high in the mix. In fact, the rest of the mix is entirely unchanged from previous releases and the flatness and genericness of it still bugs the hell out of me. I wish they'd do something like their scion EP again, as that was the only thing from them I really.

CabbageHands81
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am 

They're alright, I remember hearing their Existence is Futile album and was really excited for them, their Scion EP kicked ass too, however since their last album they've kind of dropped off my radar... really hard to base how well an album will be with one song but I'll be looking forward to their new album.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 am 

This song did not impress whatsoever. I don't really get these guys. They can write some really killer tech thrash with fast drum beats and complicated thrash riffs, and yet at least on the later releases, they just like to dick around so much. I obviously get they can do whatever they want, but they're hardly catering to their original fan base. This song is at least more serious than a lot of their earliers but it's just.. boring. Hardly anything unique.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 am 

Yeah, there's no doubt they're killer musicians, they just haven't mastered any one thing yet. They aren't simple and catchy enough to be as likable as Slayer, but they aren't mindblowingly technical or complex enough to be as intriguing as Ulcerate, so they just sit awkwardly in between imo.

Reply to topic