Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:37 pm 

I want to add to the cool list is Voivod, every member in this band are super nice but the lead singer Snake is possibly one of the sweetest and nicest guys out there. After the Napalm Death show, he actually remember me from the show ( I was up front row) and approached me and shook my hand, I told him "You guys were amazing tonight", and he said "Thank you" he was very humble and we talked for a bit. But overall nicest guy all around. I'm not the biggest fan of Voivod, but after their performance (really good show) and talking to him for a bit, I might have to check out their stuff more.

Last edited by lupin99 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 pm 

Lemmy!

Saw him at a pizza place in Seaside Heights, NJ in the late 90's. Just sitting there eating some pie.

I walk by and i'm like "what the hell are you doing here Lemmy?!" to which he replied "ya gotta live somewhere mate!"

I've met lots of other folks who may or may have not been dicks, it's unfair for me to judge because I myself am kind of a dick!

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Agalloch - John is pretty full of himself, but Don is a great guy.

In Johns defense he was this way long before Agalloch's debut. He's just not much of a people person.

KosherCosby
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:09 pm 

Nice, the drummer of Fleshcrawl. He did let me steal his girlfriend and deflower her. Not sure if he thought I'm nice.

Bit of a pansy, the guy from Mutiilation. Threw a hissy fit as I wanted to talk to my ex-girlfriend who I think he dated at the time.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:54 pm 

Can't say any member of a band has struck me as being a douche.. perhaps Kevin Sharp was a bit egotistical but certainly nowhere near being any kind of vaginal gunk-removal device. Everyone else in Brutal Truth was a lot more chillaxed though. Not sure how anyone thinks Michael Keene from The Faceless is a dick either, he seemed really chill and friendly.

All the dudes in Deeds of Flesh, Psycroptic, Incantation, Gospel of the Horns, Disgorge (the Californian one), Ruins, Napalm Death and Suffocation are good cunts. That's about the extent of the list of (international) band members i've talked to, a lot of the time I just leave them alone because i'm either on my own buzz or they're already swamped and I don't have anything much to say to them. A lot of that stems from me being a socially awkward grouch so I treat musicians how I'd want to be treated in the same situation, which is to not waste their time with a bunch of chitchat just so I can drop their name all over the place.

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:17 pm 

I just got back from a Crowbar show and I have to say Kirk is just a really down to earth, cool guy. He was even selling stuff at the merch stand and had a pair of glasses on.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:43 pm 

Was at a show for a group called Kobra Kai last Saturday. Said group has current and former members of Anthrax, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, and Meliah Rage in the ranks. All five dudes are ultra cool. The guitarist Felipe Roa and I are old friends as he and my singer used to room together, and Jon Donais & Matt Bachand are really personable and nice dudes too. Having a beer with the two original guys from Shadows Fall (the former also being in Anthrax) was an awesome moment.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

mike584
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 pm 

THE nicest guy I ever met to date was Schmier from Destruction. They were playing with Vader and the Absence at the old Knitting Factory in Manhattan on Memorial Day 2006. I went over to him at the bar after his set just to say he did a great job - which he totally did! - and the guy just came in with a bear hug. Ha! The second nicest guy I ever met was Jon from Shadows Fall. The band were playing L'Amour's in Brooklyn as an Ozzfest off-date in August 2003. There was this opening band playing and I saw Jon in the audience watching so I went up to him and we just started talking about the band on stage. Super nice guy.

joecubbie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:53 pm 

Nice

Vince Neil
Bruce Kulick
Uli Jon Roth
Vinny Appice
Craig Goldy
Lita Ford
Ian MacKaye
Macabre

Douchebags

Ace Frehley: It would've made more sense to pay $60 to hang with a wax figure of Ace because he was emotionless and came off rude. I didn't chew his ear off. All I said was, "Ace, I've been listening to KISS all my life and I just wanted to say thanks for all the great music. It's been a huge part of my life.” His response? “Ok.”

Hipster scumbag posing as Matt Pike from High on Fire: I went to go see High on Fire last year at a street fair. After the show, I wanted to go backstage to get some stuff signed, but it was fenced and when I looked over the fence, I saw a bunch of hipster posers who probably never heard of High on Fire until that night with their Pabst Blue Ribbons and plaid shirts. By the way, this wasn't any street fair, it was a Chicago street fair, so it was FULL of hipsters. Matt was on the other side farther away so I asked one of the hipster guys if he could have Matt sign something for me. He says "Sure!" and to try to be cool in front of the two girls he was with, he signed my Decibel magazine as "Matt Pike" and said, "Now when you go to school on Monday, you can tell your friends you met Matt Pike!" His lady friends got a laugh out of it but I wanted to kick his ass.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 pm 

Not sure if I posted in this thread and I am not reading through all those pages. My list is pretty extensive so here goes...

Steve Vai - Great guy. I met him on the first G-3 tour and he hung out for a long time talking.

King Diamond - That's a long story but he's one of the nicest guys on the planet. The rest of the band as well.

James Rivera - Another great guy and I got to know him on a personal level...been to his house, he's stayed at mine during tours, had Thanksgiving dinner with his family while is father was still alive, etc. Great guy and a great friend

Savatage - All great guys. Oliva is the man...never a douche and always ready to joke around and hang out.

Ivar and Grutle from Enslaved - Great guys. hung out talking for a while.

HammerFall - All of them were very friendly except for Anders Johansson. Not to say he's a douche, just not very talkative that night.

Helloween - Another bunch of great people. Got to know Weikath on a somewhat personal level too.

Harry Conklin - Super cool. Talked for a long time.

Tad Morose with urban breed - Another awesome bunch of guys and urban is also really cool.

Blind Guardian - Were cool but it was so fucking cold outside that we didn't get that long to talk.

Dave Mustaine - Actually was not that bad a guy. He seemed to be a good mood both nights I met him.

Yngwie Malmsteen - A real douche but he was nice to us. lol He's not so bad if you catch him on the right night.

Finntroll - Great guys as well. I turned out to be really good friends with Skrymer (Samuli Ponsimaa). We hang out every time I can get out to see them.

Korpiklaani - They were nice as well. Hung out and took pictures and talked.

Tyr - All of them were cool.

Lizzy Borden - He was much cooler than I expected. It was cold as fuck outside and he still hung out.

Angel Dust - Were in town with Nevermore once and they were totally cool.

Nevermore - Fantastic guys. Warrell came outside the club and gave us (about 10 of us) all fictitious names and told the club folks that we were his friends. lol Then we ran into each other and ate chili/cheese dogs at the 7-11 down the street.

Edguy - Really fun dudes. They were always nice and willing to joke and hang out.

Jack Frost - Cool guy. I got to hang out with him a lot because of James Rivera. A good guy.

Johnny Stoj (Pegazus) - He's never been to the States but we struck up a friendship online over 10 years ago. We talked on the phone a bunch of times and he sent a bunch of signed shit to me.

Mille Petrozza - Another cool guy. Hung out with him and the whole band on the bus after getting into the show for free. The tour manager for that tour was a guitar tech for Jack Frost on one of the Seven Witches tours and he remembered me.

Unleashed - They were all pretty cool...Folkare's a little douchy but they were pretty cool.

Damn...I guess that about covers it...I think. :lol:

Like your reviews?

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
Unleashed - They were all pretty cool...Folkare's a little douchy but they were pretty cool.

How was Folkare a douche?

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 am 

true_death wrote:
mjollnir wrote:

How was Folkare a douche?

He just came off a bit a little arrogant. He talked and was nice but he just had that kind of air about him. I didn't say he was a douche, he just seemed like he could be.

Like your reviews?

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:24 am 

The guys in Tarkard are really friendly and cool. I also had the chance to interview Dave Brockie from Gwar and he was great fun :(

PazuzuZlave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:22 pm 

Met Emperor Magus Caligula from Dark Funeral back in '04 at Tuska Open Air, he hung around the crowd and watched whatever band I was currently watching. Thing was, his hair was dyed blonde and so when I approached him I immediately had to comment on it. He replied something like "You don't always have it in you" and we had a few laughs. He seemed a bit shy, still very nice to have met him.

https://katastropha.bandcamp.com
https://ragbroder.bandcamp.com

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:22 pm 

I haven't met them, but a friend of mine worked Blastfest and told me that Satyricon where hilarious divas. Like they put sticky notes on their stuff with like "SATYRICON! TOUCH AND DIE!!" which would have been funny if they weren't dead serious and super demanding. Allegedly they had some crazy expensive wine on their rider and demanded it be nothing else because, and I quote, "We're true wine enthusiasts". She had a bunch of stories but I won't share because A) I wasn't there, and B) This one is hilarious to me because it's like they're just playing into every negative thing people already assume about them.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

WillyBearrrr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:08 pm 

The only memory I have of meeting band members is when the dudes in Dying Fetus came up to ask me where there was good weed in Houston

Gorgunsun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:04 am 

In regards to a show I saw at Crossroads Café, Huntsville Alabama
Chaos Inception was the opening act. Didn't get to hang out with them at this show, but the next one I saw them at at Iron City in Birmingham, AL, I got to know them a bit more. Cam fistbumped me both times, and at the next show he signed my bass strap. Chris White was an awesome dude as well.
Next up was Hour of Penance. I didn't get to meet anyone from that band except for Silvano Leone, who was really awesome despite that I don't speak Italian and he speaks partial English. I did learn his signature "Fist Slap", though. He explained to me that his influence for that was from the Misfits.
Got to see Misery Index. Jason Netherton wasn't with them, but I got to have a beer with Mark who was pulling double duty at the time. He signed my strap as well but when I asked him for a photo he said he just wanted to chill, and I took that to mean he'd been getting hit up for that all night so I think no less of him for it. Awesome guys.
I met Alex Webster, one of my favorite death metal bassists, and Corpsegrinder (the KING range of brutal death metal vocals), hung out with them, hung out a bit longer with Rob Barrett, awesome guy, he bummed a smoke off of me. Didn't really see Paul or Pat, I think those two don't like to play with the fans so much. All in all, these guys are all awesome though. I know Cannibal especially has a reputation for taking time with their fans, and they lived up to that.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:06 am 

WillyBearrrr wrote:
The only memory I have of meeting band members is when the dudes in Dying Fetus came up to ask me where there was good weed in Houston

Yeah, that sounds like Fetus, especially John. I don't think I've ever spoken to him when he hasn't been baked off his ass.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:12 am 

joecubbie wrote:
Nice

Vince Neil
Bruce Kulick
Uli Jon Roth
Vinny Appice
Craig Goldy
Lita Ford
Ian MacKaye
Macabre

Douchebags

Ace Frehley: It would've made more sense to pay $60 to hang with a wax figure of Ace because he was emotionless and came off rude. I didn't chew his ear off. All I said was, "Ace, I've been listening to KISS all my life and I just wanted to say thanks for all the great music. It's been a huge part of my life.” His response? “Ok.”

Hipster scumbag posing as Matt Pike from High on Fire: I went to go see High on Fire last year at a street fair. After the show, I wanted to go backstage to get some stuff signed, but it was fenced and when I looked over the fence, I saw a bunch of hipster posers who probably never heard of High on Fire until that night with their Pabst Blue Ribbons and plaid shirts. By the way, this wasn't any street fair, it was a Chicago street fair, so it was FULL of hipsters. Matt was on the other side farther away so I asked one of the hipster guys if he could have Matt sign something for me. He says "Sure!" and to try to be cool in front of the two girls he was with, he signed my Decibel magazine as "Matt Pike" and said, "Now when you go to school on Monday, you can tell your friends you met Matt Pike!" His lady friends got a laugh out of it but I wanted to kick his ass.

So Pike wasn't a douche it was the hipsters then. Well that's par for the course.

Though when I saw High on Fire a few years back Pike was a monstrous jack ass on stage. Berating the sound guy and threatening to walk off. Then he finally started playing after making the sound guy change things around. Goatwhore had sounded pretty good but holy crap did they sound like shit. Shrill, ear piercing noise, and to top it off sloppy. I left after a few songs. Probably should have let the soundguy do his thing.

Aeosphorus
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:23 pm 

Has the High on Fire/Sleep fanbase been COMPLETELY hijacked by these horrible hipsters?

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:43 pm 

Danzig. I really wanted to believe all of the things said about him weren't true, but they are. He is a massive jackass. When I opened for him earlier in the month, there were a fuckton of rules backstage. There were NO pictures allowed, even backstage, and everybody backstage had to be out 15 minutes before Danzig's set, including the crew and I assume the other bands on tour. We were told we had to be out basically right after our set, but that kind of makes sense so I'll let it slide. We had several members of Danzig's crew talk to us and they seemed really on edge, with one person saying they were kind of surprised Danzig let her back there.

His band is pretty cool though. Johnny Kelly is a pretty cool guy and he was apparently jamming during our set, which is a pretty big compliment.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:47 pm 

I can attest to Matt Pike being a good guy, though it's pretty obvious from any interview you watch with him. The second time I saw High on Fire play in Vancouver me and some friends were having a few cans before the show behind the venue which was in an exceptionally sketchy part of town called East Hastings. At one point this haggard looking dude (this was 2008 or 2009 so pre-rehab era Matt Pike) walks by in a stained beater. We weren't really paying attention to him and just assumed he was another street person but then my friend did a double take and shouted, "Hey! Matt Pike?!" and then he turns to us and smiles with his brown and crooked teeth and waves and says something like "hey boys, enjoy the show!" We would have called him over for a chat but he was walking into the venue as he shouted back to us through the back door and was obviously somewhat busy, since the opening band was already playing. So yeah, not really a legitimate encounter, but seemingly a nice enough dude.

I'll also give Alan from Primordial a nice-guy shout out. I was at their 20th anniversary gig in Dublin and me and a small crowd showed up pretty early before the venue opened. In my case I basically had nothing better to do since I bused from a different town to get to the gig and was all by myself. Anyway, at one point Alan came out before he'd gotten ready for the gig (no corpsepaint, just a dude in a Venom shirt) for no other reason than to chat to us fans who turned up early. This was years ago so I can't really remember what we chatted about, but he was really friendly and took some pictures with us. Also happened to be one of the best shows I've ever seen.

p0wnn00b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:04 pm 

I met Matt Pike standing outside the Rock n' Roll Hotel in DC with a couples friends back in late '13. He was super chill. Just shot the shit with him as he dragged a cig. We told him we were all almost 21, and he told us a cool story about being on tour in Amsterdam when he turned 21. Seemed really down to earth. We didn't bug him for photographs or signatures or anything, so maybe that's why he was chill with us. So, he seems like a really friendly guy. He could have easily told us to fuck off since it was a good while before the show and he clearly wanted to unwind a bit before the show.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 pm 

This is pretty small and insignificant, but I met Paul Speckmann at MDF and he was a bit of a douche. He was selling shirts for $15, I handed him a $20 and he got a little pissy with me because he didn't have change :lol:. He then told me to leave and only come back if I could pay the exact price. I ended up finding change and buying that shirt, and I definitely see where he's coming from, as I'm in a death metal band myself and trying to deal with making change can be a fucking nightmare sometimes. It didn't bother me that much since I'm not a huge fan - I only really like the first albums; "Master" and "On the Seventh Day...", everything after that was terrible. He put on a good show, though, played my favorite song "Submerged in Sin".

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:21 pm 

Mark Shelton, as I'm sure many in this thread have already attested, is a super down to earth and personable dude in person. I met up with some other folk from MA on my last trip to the States fro Manilla Road's gig in the Baltimore region last year. Stoked i got the opportunity to catch the band and have a wee bit of a chin wag with the MR chaps. Top bloke.

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:13 pm 

The guys from Napalm Death are all very humble and very down to earth. I will never forget meeting them in the alley beside the local venue where they were playing, circa 2007 I believe.

TheTrueSeker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:53 pm 

Rob Darken is pretty bro-tier if you meet him on Facebook, as is Alfred Morris III from Iron Man. That guy actually wished my friend Happy Birthday out of nowhere this year.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 pm 

The dudes from Holy Grail are all super cool.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 am 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
Mark Shelton, as I'm sure many in this thread have already attested, is a super down to earth and personable dude in person. I met up with some other folk from MA on my last trip to the States fro Manilla Road's gig in the Baltimore region last year. Stoked i got the opportunity to catch the band and have a wee bit of a chin wag with the MR chaps. Top bloke.

Those guys from MR are the friendliest dudes in metal ever. Even if they are legendary musicians, they seem to not feel like it and also seem to really appreciate the fan support (I'm not a huge fan of them but when they played here with Omen were the nicest people to could meet in a venue).

ICS Vortex is another really chill dude. He's really cheerful and friendly, in opposite to the rest of the Arcturus guys who are not douchebags at all but colder/more distant/less extrovert people in general terms (it's more of a cultural thing, methinks).

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:59 am 

I don't hold it against a musician if they aren't super buddy buddy with fans. I pay for a good show and anything else is bonus on top of that. I'm not going to consider a musician a dick if he doesn't want to hang out after the show. But I'm not really into that at a show anyway.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
I don't hold it against a musician if they aren't super buddy buddy with fans. I pay for a good show and anything else is bonus on top of that. I'm not going to consider a musician a dick if he doesn't want to hang out after the show. But I'm not really into that at a show anyway.

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between someone not being a people person and someone being a standoffish jackass.

MercyfulKing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:16 pm 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
The dudes from Holy Grail are all super cool.

I saw them two weeks ago, and i agree. Especially James (the singer) and the lead guitarist (who i cant remember his name, but he was in Bonded By Blood when i saw them years ago) James got a kick out of my vest and my Heavy Load shirt, we chatted outside of the bar, talked about NWOBHM, Obscure HM, and Manilla Road. Nothing but great things to say about those guys.

I also got to meet Tom, Gary, and Steve from Exodus: Very cool dudes too.

Alex Skolnick didnt say much but he is another cool guy.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:48 pm 

Met lots...

-Testament: all cool, Chuck was surprisingly low-key. I got wasted with Greg.
-Slayer: also cool. Lombardo wasn't around. Kerry was not a dick.
-Raven: a blast
-Megadeth: Cool, except for Gar. Treated me with disdain
-Lemmy: I love the man. So awesome to me.
-Gene Hoglan: awesome, friendly
-James Murphy: great guy, that cancer was a tragedy
-Tim Calvert: nice guy, a bit guarded. Huge shame he's out of music

Not so nice
-Chuck Schuldner: I know I'll get hell for this but man he was unpleasant and didn't have a good word for ANYONE. All he ever did while I was around him was slag other people.

hellofallhells
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 pm 

I met Mikkey Dee about ten years ago and we hung out until the wee hours with a few of their opening act guys (don't recall the band). He's a stellar guy (and opinionated but that's cool) and I'm a huge fan from his KD days so that was a big thrill.

A couple of years ago I met the Suffocation guys who were all really cool and also a few guys from Obituary. Trevor was super nice.

I like smaller DM shows/festivals like that 'cause the musicians are less sheltered and you're more likely to meet them than say, at a Maiden show or whatever. I'd love to meet them though, especially Nicko.

Can't recall meeting any douchbags.

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:58 pm 

MercyfulKing wrote:

I also got to meet Tom, Gary, and Steve from Exodus: Very cool dudes too.

Agreed! My band opened for them about 5-6 years back and had to share gear with them since they were only a small tour and didn't bring their amps or drums, so we got to hang with them before the show and show them our gear, etc etc. All around cool guys.

I talked with Tom a lot, he was just a total down to Earth guy, reminded me of a Dad. Beat the shit out of my drums and gave me a shirt as a "sorry" :lol: .

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 pm 

I met "Landphil" from Municipal Waste/Cannabis Corpse when my band opened for them a couple years ago. I've always heard (from Richmond friends) that he was an absolute cunt and raging douchebag, wannabe rockstar who likes to talk down to other bands/fans, but he complimented my vocals and said he really liked my band, so I had a good experience with him I guess.

I also sort of know Kim Dylla (who was Vulvatron in GWAR for five seconds), she came to a few of my band's shows around 2011-2012. She was always nice and very supportive I suppose. Maybe a bit annoying and too concerned with "the look" of being a metalhead (and bragging about meeting metal celebrities every other day on Facebook), but what do I know? I remember talking to her when I was 16-17 about how awesome Vader was, I said "They're one of my favorite death metal bands!" and she corrected me, "They're not death metal, they're death/thrash!" :roll:.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 pm 

Phil Hall seems to either be a monstrous douche or a cool dude depending on when you catch him, it seems. Everyone I know who has met him has had one of two types of interactions with him. Also heard that Dylla is cool, if not a bit pedantic (like you mentioned) when sober and an obnoxious sloppy drunk who doesn't know her limits when she's been drinking, which lends credence to what Brent said on that Facebook blowup about how she was fired because she couldn't hold her liquor and drank way too much.

MyrVarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:12 am 

true_death wrote:
I met "Landphil" from Municipal Waste/Cannabis Corpse when my band opened for them a couple years ago. I've always heard (from Richmond friends) that he was an absolute cunt and raging douchebag, wannabe rockstar who likes to talk down to other bands/fans, but he complimented my vocals and said he really liked my band, so I had a good experience with him I guess.

How was he a douchebag/cunt exactly? Like what did he do or say specifically?

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:18 am 

traxan wrote:

Not so nice
-Chuck Schuldiner: I know I'll get hell for this but man he was unpleasant and didn't have a good word for ANYONE. All he ever did while I was around him was slag other people.

Nah, the guy wasn't really that cool to begin with. At the early 90's he was quite the douche. I think he mellowed at the end but even when I saw him live (98) he wasn't really an amicable guy. Sad thing that Scott Clendenin was really cool and happy looking, now he's also gone.

true_death wrote:
about how awesome Vader was, I said "They're one of my favorite death metal bands!" and she corrected me, "They're not death metal, they're death/thrash!" :roll:.

As pedantic as it sounds, it's true.

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:51 am 

I don't know if you guys know this Australian dude named Louis Rando aka Disaster. He has his own band The Furor, is a member of Mhorgl and played live session drums for bands such as Impiety and Nervecell. He's a total look-alike of Blitz Ellsworth as well.

Anyway, after the Impiety gig in Manila, the band stayed to sign stuff and take pictures with the fans. He was cool and nice in signing stuff and posing for pics. He was surprised to see I had a Mhorgl CD for him to sign and asked me where I got it. I told him I got it online and he told me if I could stick around, he would give me a copy of Mhorgl's latest CD. I told him sure though the clock was ticking for me 'coz I had to go to work at the show (I worked graveyards). So, I chatted with some friends while waiting for him. And waited. And waited. I think I waited for at least half an hour and still no sign of him. I couldn't wait for him any longer as I was already late for work and left without knowing if he ever came back out with the CD he promised me.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next