Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:43 am 

Im really a big fan of Deiphago since the early years of their music.. i open this thread to discuss their music style and the express what their music give to their listener. Their are one of the most RAW Bestial black metal i ve heard, the riffs are difinitely Devastating and the vocal style of V666 fell me drawning in the river of fire.. SATANIK EON album fuck my head totally. the most agressive Raw material of deiphago. if your one of the person following this band please share your experience about this Legendary Band. it would be great discusion for us. HAIL BESTIAL BLACK METAL

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm 

Deiphago is like the Obsessed by Cruelty album by Sodom if a bunch of try-hard kvlters got a hold of it. I like the band, but that's really what they are. Philiphino Antichrist is great.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 pm 

I don't really get this band. I listen to some bestial stuff but I prefer for it to have something resembling riffs or comprehensible songs, even if somewhat well-concealed. Deiphago just seems kind of ridiculous to me, like a lot of the time they just hit record and make it up as they go.

Dark Descent Records

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 pm 

Love the heaviness and rawness of it, but it's just too monotonous and atonal for my taste. A lot of their stuff just sounds like yelling over droning atonal noisy riffs, although to their credit it's still very aggressive and fast. For that type of raw black/death metal though, I prefer stuff like the first Beherit album, or, well, "Obsessed by Cruelty."

the_raytownian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 pm 

I'm a big fan of Deiphago... Not sure what people aren't "getting". It's just a chaotic whirlwind of bestial noise. I don't think they've ever tried to mislead listeners to thinking it's something more... If someone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
I'm a big fan of Deiphago... Not sure what people aren't "getting". It's just a chaotic whirlwind of bestial noise.

I get that that's what it is; what I don't get is why you'd want to listen to it. There are bands with similar levels of aggression and surface-level chaos that still sound like they're writing actual songs & riffs. The barely-reformed music snob in me wants there to be more skill involved in the music, and the metal snob in me is irritated by bands that seem to justify the opinions of non-metalheads who think extreme metal is talentless noise.

Which is not to say I like super-techy stuff. Most of what I like is not that technical at all really. But it seems like it required thought to create, and practice to be able to play.

Dark Descent Records

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
I don't think they've ever tried to mislead listeners to thinking it's something more... If someone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

Very well said bro. the band expresses their music for satan to WORSHIP...the rawnness and blackness of their music bring you true darkness and devastation of Everything who against the evil forced. . their music style brings a high standard in black/death metal scene.... :metal:

the_raytownian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:22 pm 

dalecooper wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
I'm a big fan of Deiphago... Not sure what people aren't "getting". It's just a chaotic whirlwind of bestial noise.

I get that that's what it is; what I don't get is why you'd want to listen to it. There are bands with similar levels of aggression and surface-level chaos that still sound like they're writing actual songs & riffs. The barely-reformed music snob in me wants there to be more skill involved in the music, and the metal snob in me is irritated by bands that seem to justify the opinions of non-metalheads who think extreme metal is talentless noise.

Which is not to say I like super-techy stuff. Most of what I like is not that technical at all really. But it seems like it required thought to create, and practice to be able to play.

At the end of the day, it's really nothing but personal preference that decides how the music of Deiphago is perceived. Some will like it, and some will not. Getting into all of the different possible reasons why or why not is sort of a moot point in that I do not think it will change anyone's opinions.

I am also a little too whacked out right at this particular moment to try to articulate "what's good about Deiphago to me" without the response sounding too shallow: "It's just so fuckin' brudul, dewddd"

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:33 pm 

terrorisk wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
I don't think they've ever tried to mislead listeners to thinking it's something more... If someone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

Very well said bro. the band expresses their music for satan to WORSHIP...the rawnness and blackness of their music bring you true darkness and devastation of Everything who against the evil forced. . their music style brings a high standard in black/death metal scene.... :metal:

So, what do you play in Deiphago?

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 pm 

I do totally get it and appreciate it for what it is. Totally hateful and harsh noise to" bring you true darkness and devastation of Everything who against the evil forced." . And I respect that. It's just that- I don't usually feel the burning hate and darkness inside that would make me seek it out, and when I do, this is just my personal preference- I'm more into stuff like Zarach "Baal" Tharagh- i.e. noisy, brutal and primitive but with a bit more riff structure (albeit, often times not much!)

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:42 am 

My preference lies somewhere in the middle... they are really good at what they do, and the music is definitely eviscerating, but I can't listen to it more often than "every so often." I have Filipino Antichrist and that's enough Deiphago for me.

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:27 am 

dalecooper wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:

Have you listened to the last album?

http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/satan-alpha-omega

Songwriting, riffs, solos, tapping (Plague and Satan Triumphant), skills.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 am 

Deiphago slay, I have Satan Alpha Omega here and love it, the Deicide cover is a nice touch too.

Wherever we are, we're there already.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 am 

Detinos wrote:
Have you listened to the last album?

http://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/satan-alpha-omega

Songwriting, riffs, solos, tapping (Plague and Satan Triumphant), skills.

Admittedly I hadn't heard any of the last album before I posted my thoughts above (though much of previous releases). So I pulled up a sample track on YouTube to listen to before I said anything. It started pretty promisingly with a sort of midtempo intro, but once the bestial noise kicked in, I once again could not tell at all what was going on. The drummer and vocalist seemed more or less in sync, but the guitar and bass (if there was one) were incomprehensible. I'm not saying that represents the entire album, but honestly, that's enough Deiphago for me.

Dark Descent Records

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 am 

Same here. I enjoy bestial/raw stuff occasionally but this just sounds random and silly to me. For that sorta aggression in that general genre, give me Impiety, Azarath, Flame, Nocturnal Rites, and many many other bands.

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:01 am 

somefella wrote:
Same here. I enjoy bestial/raw stuff occasionally but this just sounds random and silly to me. For that sorta aggression in that general genre, give me Impiety, Azarath, Flame, Nocturnal Rites, and many many other bands.

The bands you mentioned doesn't even come close to being bestial/raw. Impiety is silly, boring, repetitive and too clean.

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am 

Their live gig I saw in 2010 is on the top for being one of the worst gigs ever.

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:39 pm 

ancientorder wrote:
Their live gig I saw in 2010 is on the top for being one of the worst gigs ever.

That was 3 years ago and it was due to unavoidable circumstances. Get over it. A gig doesn't represent a band. Even big bands like Black Sabbath have their worst days but that doesn't change my perspective on them.

Didn't you know that Deiphago lost their drummer right before the tour and they were not supposed to do the tour anymore? Vaz of Black Witchery helped them live with short notice and no rehearsals beforehand.

Their recent tours in the USA proves your opinion wrong.

Check out this fully functional unit from Maryland death fest last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnpISFyspo

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 pm 

Gigs may not represent the band itself but they are for giving presentation and impression. That gig did not give a good one at all. I had high expectations due to albums I had listened at that time (I think Filipino had just came out...?) and they did not meet by any means. Sorry, I was just disappointed and still I am.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:31 pm 

I received a copy of "Filipino Antichrist" for free and found it to be a really dull album, very hard to listen to. Caught part of their set at MDF and felt the same way.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm 

somefella wrote:
Same here. I enjoy bestial/raw stuff occasionally but this just sounds random and silly to me.
For that sorta aggression in that general genre, give me Impiety, Azarath, Flame, Nocturnal Rites, and many many other bands.
The first two I know well, and like a lot, the second two I'll have to look up, thanks.
They aren't really the same though [Impiety and Azarath at least] as Deiphago

Cool video too :nods:

Dark_Emperor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:35 pm 

Six or more changes of rhythms, two great solos, my favorite is the second long solo. So if this is not complexity in bestial black death and you cannot detect the changes of rhythms I recommend you stay listening to weak pop metal pseudo black death bands and write in the forums of metal archives, fuckers! Period!

About Heretic Oath

http://youtu.be/MkIHC2TMNmo

Dark_Emperor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:54 pm 

Another example, 7 rhythm changes, two spacial solos! (very weird and unique)!

Plague and Satan Triumphant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1f7ODyGFYU

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:09 pm 

Detinos wrote:
somefella wrote:

The bands you mentioned doesn't even come close to being bestial/raw. Impiety is silly, boring, repetitive and too clean.

Agree.. :evil: Impiety comes with a different style in their music... i cant find bestiality and raw music . maybe the skullfucking armaggeddon... but still very different with deiphago...

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:15 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Deiphago slay, I have Satan Alpha Omega here and love it, the Deicide cover is a nice touch too.

The cover artwork is so killer... its very creative and it expresses , apocalypse.revalation. armaggeddon in to their listener..

im waiting in any news about this band recording a new album...... ..

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 am 

This seems like a thread of Deiphago's members talking about how great their music is.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 am 

terrorisk wrote:
Agree.. :evil: Impiety comes with a different style in their music... i cant find bestiality and raw music . maybe the skullfucking armaggeddon... but still very different with deiphago...

If by raw you mean(and it seems like you do) random noodling and noisemaking and hiding under the "it's bestial/war black metal, it doesn't have to be performed well!" excuse, then I do not listen to anything raw at all. Obeisance is probably the rawest I can stomach, anything else just seems like(and probably is) sloppy musicians hiding their ineptness with shitty sound and try as I might, I can't wring even a tiny bit of enjoyment out of that.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 am 

Dark_Emperor wrote:
Another example, 7 rhythm changes, two spacial solos! (very weird and unique)!

Plague and Satan Triumphant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1f7ODyGFYU

By the way, by 'rhythm changes' it appears you mean when the band just suddenly stop for a split second, remember the next part, and then continue. As for your "special" solos, it's just barely audible tapping which is probably off-key(impossible to tell with the amateurish production). Sorry to sound mean, but when your first post on a forum where your favourite band(or possibly your band) isn't instantly loved and worshipped is to "recommend you stay listening to weak pop metal pseudo black death bands and write in the forums of metal archives, fuckers! Period!", don't expect much civilty in the responses.

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 am 

TheRealThing wrote:
This seems like a thread of Deiphago's members talking about how great their music is.

Yeah, but then again, they are uncompromising true evil forbidden SATANIC ultimate blackened assault like none other 666

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 am 

http://deiphago.webs.com/biography.htm
Interesting, they've been around since 1989

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 am 

somefella wrote:
terrorisk wrote:

If by raw you mean(and it seems like you do) random noodling and noisemaking and hiding under the "it's bestial/war black metal, it doesn't have to be performed well!" excuse, then I do not listen to anything raw at all. Obeisance is probably the rawest I can stomach, anything else just seems like(and probably is) sloppy musicians hiding their ineptness with shitty sound and try as I might, I can't wring even a tiny bit of enjoyment out of that.

its your own opinion men. i dont want to argue with you. everyone of us have different taste about music.. i think they didnt hide their riffs by the rawness of their music.. that's their music style since then. and ill appreciate that style.. obeisance is a good one.. i also listen to their music. comparing bands makes my head sick.. every band i think have their own style in expressing their music

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:14 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
http://deiphago.webs.com/biography.htm
Interesting, they've been around since 1989

:hail:

the_raytownian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:30 am 

TheRealThing wrote:

And your really dumb (not to mention paranoid) "observations" are adding so much to the discussion, right?
Typical "I don't like it, therefore it must be garbage" syndrome. :wanker:

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:37 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
TheRealThing wrote:

And your really dumb (not to mention paranoid) "observations" are adding so much to the discussion, right?
Typical "I don't like it, therefore it must be garbage" syndrome. :wanker:

I didn't say that they ARE members of Deiphago. It's just funny that these new guys are talking up the band's music and then they get offended when others don't like it. Obviously they aren't members of the band. That would be very unlikely. And what? I posted earlier in the thread that I like their music. I listened to Filipino Antichrist on the way to and from a gig last night.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am 

Detinos is might be a member. Considering his only points come from modifying their stuff. But with that said, I don't care even if it was memebers being defensive.

If anything, this band is a waste of awesome cover art. Not terrible. But, eh.

https://bptst.bandcamp.com/- drone, meditation, ambient
last.fm

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:44 pm 

terrorisk wrote:
Im really a big fan of Deiphago since the early years of their music.. i open this thread to discuss their music style and the express what their music give to their listener. Their are one of the most RAW Bestial black metal i ve heard, the riffs are difinitely Devastating and the vocal style of V666 fell me drawning in the river of fire.. SATANIK EON album fuck my head totally. the most agressive Raw material of deiphago. if your one of the person following this band please share your experience about this Legendary Band. it would be great discusion for us. HAIL BESTIAL BLACK METAL

"if your one of the person following this band please share your experience about this Legendary Band. it would be great discusion for us. HAIL BESTIAL BLACK METAL"

There would be no discussions if you trolls read the OPs first post. Most of you are just trolling. If you don't even follow the band then don't. No one is forcing you to listen to their music. Go on and post somewhere else where you can say how good your too clean produced favorite band is.

So, is this thread supposed to be for negative opinions only, and when someone posts positive about them you immediately say that they are members of the band? How lame your discussions are. No, I am not a member of the band but I am a close friend of them and a fan of their music.

Again, no one is forcing you to listen to their music, so don't listen.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 pm 

Actually, there have been legitimate discussions all along until several of you(who have incidentally just joined the forums) begin taking criticisms almost personally and defend the band with rabid fanboyism. Many users have stated clearly why they don't enjoy the music and there is nothing wrong with that. You expect a topic about a band to have only positive comments? Then that's not discussion, it's a circle jerk of self-praise. If even fucking Bolt Thrower isn't free from the occasional criticism, what more for others?

Also, there is no such thing as a "only fanboys can post here!" rule on any topic. If you put something out in the open, be prepared that not everyone might like it.

And again with the "too clean produced" thing. There's raw, and there's crappy production with no thought given to balance or dynamics.

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 pm 

somefella wrote:
Actually, there have been legitimate discussions all along until several of you(who have incidentally just joined the forums) begin taking criticisms almost personally and defend the band with rabid fanboyism. Many users have stated clearly why they don't enjoy the music and there is nothing wrong with that. You expect a topic about a band to have only positive comments? Then that's not discussion, it's a circle jerk of self-praise. If even fucking Bolt Thrower isn't free from the occasional criticism, what more for others?

Also, there is no such thing as a "only fanboys can post here!" rule on any topic. If you put something out in the open, be prepared that not everyone might like it.

And again with the "too clean produced" thing. There's raw, and there's crappy production with no thought given to balance or dynamics.

"if your one of the person following this band please share your experience about this Legendary Band. it would be great discusion for us. HAIL BESTIAL BLACK METAL"

You must not be only FOLLOWING this band, you must also be too OBSESSED with Deiphago to SHARE your experience. What is your band? Do you play for IMPIETY? If not, Let your band out in the open and maybe we'll discuss how good your band is compared to them.

If you don't understand ENGLISH. Let me paste it again, and read it word for word:

Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:17 pm 

Detinos is definitely in the band, not sure there's 10,000 Deiphago fans in Costa Rica :0 Also, stop that or I'll ban your Legendary ass.

Anyway, there's many better bestial bands around with probably more respectful members.

Also, dude, *you're

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Detinos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 pm 

somefella wrote:

OSHEIGO:
First off that is not Old school
Is that triggered drums?
That music has been done a thousand times.
what is that groove? brutal slam death metal? I don't listen to that music, but i will follow your band.
The voice is too generic.
Riffs, too dull. again, those have been done a thousand times.

No wonder you don't have a label releasing your album. Your music has been done to death a thousand times. Nothing original whatsoever.

I can't go on after the first song, but your band sucks. Can you come up with some original sounding music?

You now made a follower in me that will bash your unoriginal boring music for life.

by the way, here's my band from Costa Rica, to stop you from wondering who I am, I don't expect you all to like it either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZjSvv_ElBg

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next