Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm 

Didn't see a thread made for this one, and just on schedule the band released a new album on the new year. Wasn't totally sold on Progenitor since the band seemed to be losing the plot somewhat. I'm digging this so far but its easy for some of these longer tracks to just sort of lapse into irrelevance, especially without enough variety in riffing and drumming. They have, however, totally nailed that concussive, pseudo-djenty guitar tone. Anyway, enjoy:

https://mechinamusic.bandcamp.com/album ... rn-to-dust

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:43 pm 

Really enjoyed this one myself. The band have really been on the up since Xenon. The story / concept behind the music makes the whole package even more appealling. Next is the box set rerelease which I am hoping will feature rerecorded versions of the older material as a lot of it was lacking in production value. Great band with awesome keyboard work and Daves growls and cleans are really top drawer. Always makes new years day that bit more special!

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm 

I listened to this a good amount when it came out, but haven't revisited it in a while. "The Tellurian Pathos" is a great classic Mechina song. The rest is pretty solid as well and relatively in line with what I expect from them.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 pm 

Highlights for me were "Godspeed Vanguards" and the one-two combo of "Aetherion Rain" and "The Synesthesia Signal". Mechina seem to have a problem of ending their albums with a whimper. As theatrical as their setting is supposed to be, the last really epic closer they did was on Empyrean. "Division Through Distance" on this album is so goddamn weak.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 am 

I prefer Progenitor over this one. I think it was more varied and it was more inspired. Anway I have to give this new one a few more spins.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 am 

impact proxy and tellurian pathos are very, very impressive IMO
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic