Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
Yeah, people around this forum don't seem to care but we have about 150 copies left only. This is their entire collection including the new tracks (which will be available separately as a 7"). When these are gone, it will not be re pressed in this convenient package. Single separate CD releases. The new tracks aren't slated for CD other than this box.

Thanks for your words. Real happy with how it turned out as well. The band put a lot of hard work in on it and Sam and I spent a lot of hours in text and on the phone going over things with the layout. That process took a few months alone. I had a nice vision of how I wanted this to look and it turned out perfect.

Speaking of new songs, where does that "Shaitan The Unborn" track come from?! I can't seem to find any information about it... Really curious about this one actually.

PS: I was also wondering if there was any kind of polish applied to the masters, since at least Ritual Of Infinity sounds a bit "clearer" (or maybe it's just me). There's no reference to it in any of the liner notes though. Also, "Moupho Alde Ferenc Yaborov" was intentionally shortened, but the stuff that's been cut off is just wind blowing right?!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:38 am 

Loudblast finally have a reissue treatment!!!

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:05 am 

amazing news from the Candlelight camp:

The original, debut full length release from Decomposed is finally available again after many, many years.
Originally released in 1993 via Candlelight records, we are proud tp present this newly repressed, updated release of one of the genres most revered works.

Now fully complete with the artwork as originally intended by the band, Hope Finally Died is back 22 years after its first release.

Formed in Croydon, UK in 1990, and after signing almost immediately to a then breakthrough underground label, Candlelight Records, the band have enjoyed over two decades of being considered as one of the UK's greatest and most innovative death metal acts of their decade.

With a short lived, frenetic existence: Decomposed released 4 demos between 1990 and 1992 before finally pushing out their 1992 EP The Funeral Obsession, and their sole full length release "Hope Finally Dies".
Get yourself a piece of history while you still can!
01. Inscriptions
02. Taste The Dying
03. Falling Apart
04. At Rest
05. Instrumental
06. Procession
07. (Forever) Lying In State

"You make it easy."

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:48 pm 

got my copies in today of the Decomposed cds..

deadhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:41 pm 

So many named... Thanks

THE FLESH, rare Norwegian Old School Death Metal
My favorite track (from the demo 1994):

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:17 am 

Time to revive this thread. For fans of Gorguts

abstractor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:02 pm 

ACM wrote:
I think an often overlooked band is Pessimist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITiHO5xhzg

AGREED!

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:12 am 

AcidWorm wrote:

Time to revive this thread. For fans of Gorguts

gorguts? all i hear is death worship (not a bad thing at all mind you)

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 am 

Rather than start another thread and not finding a recent appropriate thread, what are some bands that only released demos which you think are applicable here that haven't been mentioned yet? Who out there personally holds certain death metal demos in the same regard as, or close to, Timeghoul's work (as an example?)

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Rather than start another thread and not finding a recent appropriate thread, what are some bands that only released demos which you think are applicable here that haven't been mentioned yet? Who out there personally holds certain death metal demos in the same regard as, or close to, Timeghoul's work (as an example?)

I don't remember how many of these were already mentioned here, but I would definitely recommend Sephiroth, Eructation, Maimed, Celeborn and Contagion.

hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:24 pm 

ModusOperandi wrote:

Necrovore is one that comes to mind right away. Dr. Shrinker is another, although their demos were compiled a few years back and they're putting out their first full-length in a few weeks.

Totally agree that Pessimist is underrated but they're not exactly what I think of when I think OSDM.

chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 am 

this demo came out in '97 so not really old school, but awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwdWxrydFCo&spfreload=1
Throneaeon

similar band from Japan '95
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqSOBmoQLU
Desperate Corruption

remember getting one of their demos in 1994 from Pluto Tape distro in Japan. Instantly blown away

Suiciety - Confines Of Nature demo.
wish these guys had their old demos online. the band members actually don't like the recordings so they keep them hidden. to me they played awesome doom/death with thrash and Voivod influences.

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 pm 

-Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell

Neurosphere
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:45 pm 

Had a look at the first 14 or so pages. There's some stuff where I recognise the cover but never bothered listening to but a lot where I haven't seen or heard of them before. I am a bit surprised that Benediction and Master were mentioned as I always thought they were OSDM staples, I would say they're as well known as Macabre, Pestilence and Death.

Not that I can contribute much in terms of underrated bands but a band I rarely see mentioned is Sempiternal Deathreign they only ever released one album to my knowledge; "The Spooky Gloom". I always considered those guys highly underrated. Never really cared for the vocal display, however.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:52 pm 

Sempiternal Deathreign is a band for which filesharing pays off because they have a handful of live bootlegs with songs not released anywhere officially. "Space Invaders" is a great song. :D

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:10 pm 

Old Funeral- a rather underrated death metal band, possibly because it's members would go on to do something a lot better, but Old Funeral is still a great band.

hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 am 

Iron Wizard wrote:

Great obscurity... except everyone's heard of it.

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:47 pm 

hmi wrote:
Iron Wizard wrote:

Great obscurity... except everyone's heard of it.

It's still pretty underrated.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:52 am 

Iron Wizard wrote:
It's still pretty underrated.

Oh, really? :-)

soundslikeorange
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:07 am 

Maybe if you're polling old women and goat farmers.

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 am 

soundslikeorange wrote:

Yes, but it is underrated compared to Cannibal Corpse, Death, Obituary, and Morbid Angel.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:37 am 

Iron Wizard wrote:
soundslikeorange wrote:

Yes, but it is underrated compared to Cannibal Corpse, Death, Obituary, and Morbid Angel.

from the original post:
The_Krusher wrote:
OSDM had so many great bands who fell into obscurity. Post albums and eps that are old school gems. Please refrain from posting albums that most DM fans know of. Descriptions in posts please.

gorguts does not qualify - everyone even remotely into death metal is aware of them

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:50 pm 

Thanks. Has this been posted? A band called Internal Decay. I believe they are a lesser known Swedish band. I saw something about them on another thread here. They might even surpass Death slightly in musicality.

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:24 pm 

Iron Wizard wrote:
Thanks. Has this been posted? A band called Internal Decay. I believe they are a lesser known Swedish band. I saw something about them on another thread here. They might even surpass Death slightly in musicality.

This album is AWESOME!!! There are rumours that it will be reissued, so let's keep fingers crossed :-)

Neurosphere
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:07 pm 

Iron Wizard wrote:

I have just looked them up. I have seen the album cover a few times but I have to be honest, I never bothered giving it a listen as the album cover didn't appeal to me. I know it sounds silly but it's always looked really silly to me. Considering how you've described them, though, I may have to give it a cheeky listen, cheers.

Iron Wizard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:55 pm 

Neurosphere wrote:
Iron Wizard wrote:

I have just looked them up. I have seen the album cover a few times but I have to be honest, I never bothered giving it a listen as the album cover didn't appeal to me. I know it sounds silly but it's always looked really silly to me. Considering how you've described them, though, I may have to give it a cheeky listen, cheers.

I would seriously recomend that you check them out. I like the album cover actually. They have a very melodic sound, but they have many good typical death metal catchy chromatic chug style riffs. To me, they are the Burzum of death metal. Their style reminds me a lot of them.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:05 pm 

Found this nice Polish band, Rotting Head.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:13 am 

Just found out about this rhythmically abusive mid 90s album by Necrosis...

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:37 pm 

Exhuming this thread to share a fine discovery of filth I just recently stumbled upon:

The Parallel Windows demo from Mexico's Ripping Flesh, released in '91. Well structured, gloomy, churning DM with a really fractured and ugly recording quality that all adds up to a primordial death metal textural wonderland. At about 23 minutes it's just the right length to let it build into an oddly epic, slightly psychedelic subterranean journey but leave you wanting more at the conclusion. Thought the filth-feeders that follow this thread would probably enjoy this a lot. Awesome cover art, too, very obscure and curious stuff. Their followup '92 EP, Mercy, is also quite cool, though somewhat different in style. Definitely worth checking out.

MetalMerchant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:29 pm 

I always bring this band up. I'm very lucky to own their discography, this 7" EP being my most prized possession even above my copy of "To the Depths... in Degradation". Their "Lords..." demo isn't anything too terribly special, but this live 7" EP is unlike anything else. I haven't heard anything that can touch this in terms of atmosphere and ritualistic conviction.

In my opinion they got pretty shitty when they turned into Graal. None of the ferocity was there, it was replaced by arbitrary weirdness and phony attempts at being "deep" or "artistic".

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:58 am 

finally greeks Sarcastic Terror have a repress treatment...

"You make it easy."

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:47 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
amazing news from the Candlelight camp:

The original, debut full length release from Decomposed is finally available again after many, many years.
Originally released in 1993 via Candlelight records, we are proud tp present this newly repressed, updated release of one of the genres most revered works.

Now fully complete with the artwork as originally intended by the band, Hope Finally Died is back 22 years after its first release.

Formed in Croydon, UK in 1990, and after signing almost immediately to a then breakthrough underground label, Candlelight Records, the band have enjoyed over two decades of being considered as one of the UK's greatest and most innovative death metal acts of their decade.

With a short lived, frenetic existence: Decomposed released 4 demos between 1990 and 1992 before finally pushing out their 1992 EP The Funeral Obsession, and their sole full length release "Hope Finally Dies".
Get yourself a piece of history while you still can!
01. Inscriptions
02. Taste The Dying
03. Falling Apart
04. At Rest
05. Instrumental
06. Procession
07. (Forever) Lying In State

Geez. Forgot I even own this. Might pull it out.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:51 pm 

Iron Wizard wrote:

Gee that's random to throw Death in there. No way do they surpass Death, either sheer ability or quality of music. They don't sound like Death either. Ok album.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
from Voices...

"In March 2015 Mighty Music will re-release INIQUITY's 1996 debut full length "Serenadium". It will be remastered and features a couple of bonus tracks."

That's a really decent album.

Necrolatric
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:14 pm 

Hungarian death metal. Just came across with this, and found no mention of it in this thread. Remainds to me a lot of Finnish bands. Seems like it was completely re-mastered in 2011, but I prefer more this good ol' murky death metal sound, even though in this video the sound is really off-balanced.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:25 pm 

Yeah it was remastered and issued on CD for the first time since it had only come out on tape before that. It's not too bad either but it's really third tier stuff in the end.

And before you ask I was already familiar with that band. ;)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:32 pm 

Finally, after countless attempts (because part of me knew I would learn to love it) Infester's album properly clicked for me. It was very intriguing but not overwhelming before, now finally it worked itself out in my head what a masterpiece it is. Fuck, that took a long time to get to its full effect, but finally it worked and it was all worth it!!

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Stillborn Machine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:11 pm 

Eternal Dirge's Morbus Ascendit is one of the best I've heard from 1992. They play a kind of slightly proggy melodic death/thrash, akin to earlier Eucharist mixed with Massacra and some Monstrosity-esque technical delivery. The production somewhat neuters the bass but thankfully the razor-wire riffing and surging tremolo leads aren't affected. Fairly complex but also quite catchy.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:37 pm 

Stillborn Machine wrote:
Eternal Dirge's Morbus Ascendit is one of the best I've heard from 1992. They play a kind of slightly proggy melodic death/thrash, akin to earlier Eucharist mixed with Massacra and some Monstrosity-esque technical delivery. The production somewhat neuters the bass but thankfully the razor-wire riffing and surging tremolo leads aren't affected. Fairly complex but also quite catchy.

You forgot to mention OOP and expensive as fuck! :p

Stillborn Machine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 pm 

androdion wrote:
You forgot to mention OOP and expensive as fuck! :p

And that haha. I heard there's a remaster out, no idea if it's any good or cheaper.

I know people go crazy about 2003's Furioso and for good reason but Pavor's 1994 debut, A Pale Debilitating Autumn seems to be just... there I guess? That's a shame; while it's not as far out as its successor, straight from the start they made it clear they were a very adept death metal band with an odd perspective on how the genre could be. They combine a percussive, heavily syncopated sound with the muscle of classic Suffocation and Demolition Hammer with a lot of wonky, off-kilter dissonant riffs that sound like those two bands fighting off Voivod and Demilich inspired guerillas. The bass is as prominent as you'd expect although it doesn't have as many separately functioning lines as on the follow-up, focusing more on jutting out of the riffs like bizarre, jagged spikes. The production also makes the drums sound like an autocannon going off in the background.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next