Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KamonAmarth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm 

Hello, Nuclear Blast sell this CD massaker pack and I'm a bit confused. Does it include 10 CDs of its entire catalogue or a smaller range. Also, if anyone has purchased is it worth it?

Thank You

DecemberSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 pm 

Hi there. What you'd get is indeed 10 randomly picked discs from their entire mailorder catalogue (not restricted to their own NB titles). To this day I don't really understand how one can seemingly prefer not to have any preferences when it comes to ordering albums. I'd rather do some tedious research to find and discover new bands according to certain guidelines I put up for myself. Must admit though that these may appear to be random in nature.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:36 pm 

this is a neat way for labels and distros to get rid of undersellers... you won't get the new Amorphis in the pack or any new release... most probably bands who didn't make it, and possibly a coupla releases from "bigger" bands that didn't sell.

season of mist did a similar thing a while back, and it was discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102628

Reply to topic