Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
funeris
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:12 am 

I don't know how many of you have heard this band, but they have been under my radar for quite a while and I was surprised to hear that they are releasing a new album next month. This is sort of melodic atmospheric doom and apparently their fifth album.
I think they are criminally underrated and was pretty surprised to hear the newer stuff sounds pretty good. Small underground band that's worthy of notice!

Track-list:

01. A Sad Place To Call Home
02. Second Genesis
03. So Much To Tell
04. Vague Echoes
05. Buried Together
06. Rebirth
07. Your Time Has Passed
08. Towards The Ruins
09. Be Well

Available for pre-order at Symbol of Domination Prods. bandcamp https://symbolofdomination.bandcamp.com/album/sodp159-darkflight-entropy-2024

pp3088
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:42 pm 

I picked the "Under the Shadow of Fear" up from sales bin in my local store. I did not expect that much but was blown away. Very epic souding doom metal with ocassional black metal parts. Delicate, sometimes balance unsafely on the border of being too oversaturated. For the fans of Summoning i suppose?

Listening to the new one right now, he is doing cleans now? Interesting.

funeris
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 am 

To tell you the truth, the first album "Under the shadow" to me doesn't sound that good. I've discovered them with 2008 "Perfectly Calm" album, which is a masterpiece in my opinion. Apparently they have moved into more atmospheric doom / post rock direction similar to the late Anathema and maybe Katatonia. Listening to the full new album stream I am surprised to even hear female voice which is "Anneke van Giersbergen" type of good. Good stuff.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 am 

hmmm thought i recognised that band name. i have the 'in a breathless flight' EP but never listened to much else
will stick this on the youtube 'watch later' list

Reply to topic