Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:38 pm 

2014 is almost over and yet another year of metal will start in less than a month! Tell us what are your most expected releases, guys.

There's obviously Sigh with Graveward (not feeling this silly title) and it will be awesome based on what Mirai is saying, basically a mix of many of their sounds like In Somniphobia. Probably my most expected album of 2015 alongside a new Enslaved.

Dark Descent will once again release some awesome stuff after their strongest year to date, I received the promo of the new Desolate Shrine and it's pretty damn sick. Look at that!

Let's go!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:48 pm 

Seasons of the Wolf, Tarot and Melechesh are probably my three most anticipated so far - all bands who haven't had a new album in forever, incidentally. I'll probably buy em all blind. Blind Guardian and Virgin Steele could go either way; not expecting anything great but maybe they'll surprise me.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:51 pm 

Hopefully Droner by Opium Warlords will be released in 2015. Expecting a lot of great releases but that's definitely at the top of my list. New albums from, for example, Lord Vicar, Spiritus Mortis, Zaum, and Acolytes of Moros wouldn't be so bad either.

Perdition666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm 

Blind Guardian, Orden Ogan, and Paradox I'm looking forward to. I'm not expecting any miracles with the Blind Guardian, but I hope it will at least be on par with the two albums before it. Orden Ogan are still in their prime, so they have the capacity to exceed previous albums (mind you, if they top Vale, I'll be shocked). Paradox... Charly lost his entire line-up, what the fuck?! Oh well, I loved Paradox's last 3 albums, so I expect the next album to be good too.

For Japanese stuff, I'm looking forward to debut full-lengths by Scrambled Soul Circus (latest project by Light Bringer's former guitarist Kazu; Haruka from Tears of Tragedy does vocals), Perpetual Dreamer's major label debut "Nightmare Theatre", Loszeal "Ideal World", Mardelas' debut full-length, and Dragon Guardian & Knights of Round "桜牙" (Haruka does vox on this too, busy girl).

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:21 pm 

Dodheimsgard and Nokturnal Mortum

JohnTheDrummer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 pm 

I'm excited to see where Melechesh go with their next release.

The album I am most excited for is the Gallowbraid full length. Was supposed to be released late 2014, but that isn't looking like its going to happen :lol: . So hope it gets all wrapped up in time for 2015 :)
http://www.facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Dalla Nebbia
http://www.facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
http://www.dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 pm 

There's been murmurs of new Dying Fetus. When they wrap up their current European tour in a couple weeks, they won't be on the road again until Forta Rock 2015 in June so hopefully they'll be working on it during that time. I'll say it, I think Reign Supreme is their best to date but that's going to be a tall order to out-do even if it wasn't.

According to Nuclear Blast, there will also be new Immolation already. :headbang:

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Opus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 pm 

Same as for the last 7 years, Nocturnal Rites. Not that I expect a release, but I'm hoping for it. Just as I'm hoping for it to be good.
As long as I'm in a wishful mood, Morgana Lefay is active again.
Isn't it time for a new Rage album as well? I wish Peavy could reinvent Rage and release something awesome.

As for actual planned releases, Armageddon January 15. They (he (Christopher Amott)) haven't disappointed yet.
Sarpanitum February 17. Despoilment of Origin was a monster!
New Hate. It will be good!
Orden Ogan also has me curious.

Perdition666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:05 pm 

Opus wrote:
Isn't it time for a new Rage album as well? I wish Peavy could reinvent Rage and release something awesome.

Dunno if you've heard it or not, but Peavy reunited with Manni Schmidt and Christos Efthimiadis under the banner of "Refuge". Apparently, they're just doing older songs live - no idea if they're actually going to record something. I found this kinda shocking - my memory sucks, but wasn't their breakup pretty nasty?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:13 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Dunno if you've heard it or not, but Peavy reunited with Manni Schmidt and Christos Efthimiadis under the banner of "Refuge". Apparently, they're just doing older songs live - no idea if they're actually going to record something. I found this kinda shocking - my memory sucks, but wasn't their breakup pretty nasty?

For Schmidt, no not necessarily. For Christos and the rest of the lineup after Ghosts, definitely. Instinct sort of pushes me to expect a Rage album this year based on their history, but with the Lingua Mortis collaboration and now this (as you've stated), things might change.

Last.fm

Opus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:13 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Dunno if you've heard it or not, but Peavy reunited with Manni Schmidt and Christos Efthimiadis under the banner of "Refuge".

Ohhh ooohhh ooohh that's what Rage needs! I really really really hope they put out new material!!
Quote:
...wasn't their breakup pretty nasty?

As I recall, Manni left because his wife didn't want him to be out on tour.
For Christos, I believe he and his guitar playing brother ditched Peavy to start a pop band called Sub7even (sic).

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:16 pm 

I guess, assuming they don't shoot it out between now and the 31st, Lost Soul's Atlantis rolls over from my most anticipated album of 2014 to my most anticipated album of 2015. They seem to be having issues either with finding a label or getting that label to put out the album.

Also yes to Melechesh, Dodheimsgard, Nokturnal Mortum, and Marduk.

true_death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm 

My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, and hopefully Nile.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:51 pm 

I can't wait for Moonspell's "Extinct" and COF's "Hammer Of The Witches"! :)

Also, for non-metal, Marilyn Manson's "The Pale Emperor" and The Prodigy's (still untitled) new album.

Last edited by Unity on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muhrr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 pm 

Ufomammut

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:18 pm 

Seconding Blind Guardian, Dodheimsgard, Melechesh, Sigh, Enslaved and hopefully unbelievable Nokturnal Mortum.
Leprous are in the studio so I'm hoping for a release for 2015, with even less tech metal and more atmosphere.
Although we've heard nothing, I'm really hoping that Deströyer 666 can unleash their SIEGE finally this year.
And the last but not the least, A Forest of Stars album is already done and probably out early next year. Huge expectations for this one since their latest, A Shadowplay for Yesterdays is easily one of the best albums of the 21st century, pure 5/5 gold.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:38 pm 

Chthe'ilist

Metantoine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:39 pm 

Guys, please, it's not hard to write at least a sentence explaining your choices. I want this thread to be good, not 1 word posts.

Halberd (doom/death)

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm 

I've heard that Funebrarum and Severe Torture are writing new material, whether these are due for a 2015 release we'll have to see, but I guess it counts.

Pretty much can't fucking wait for a new Soulfly release though.

Metantoine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:44 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:

Oh and please be serious, people.

Halberd (doom/death)

Exigence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 pm 

I guess if Motorhead do indeed record a new album in January then I will approach it with the same attitude I took with 'Aftershock' in that it could possibly be the last Motorhead album. That's something to respect. Will it be an amazing send-off or something just lost in the shuffle of other Motorhead releases.

King Diamond's big comeback is also gonna be interesting to hear. He has been hyping all his operating room experiences up and then his new home studio construction. GMYSP was absolutely fine but you have to wonder if he can pull off something better with this massive break now behind him.

Then there's Civil War who should've released their new one this fall...more Sabaton-lite is all I ask for!

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
LeMiserable wrote:

Oh and please be serious, people.

:-D oh god this shit cracks me up everytime.

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:59 pm 

I hope that new Toxik album finally comes next year. That one is taking way too long.
Megadeth Cyber Army member #14126
http://cyberarmy.megadeth.com

DeadspeakNL OSDM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deadspeak/1380704462220853

true_death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:11 pm 

Exigence wrote:
King Diamond's big comeback is also gonna be interesting to hear. He has been hyping all his operating room experiences up and then his new home studio construction. GMYSP was absolutely fine but you have to wonder if he can pull off something better with this massive break now behind him.

I can't believe I forgot about that. Definitely my most anticipated album of 2015. I do wish there was more information out there about it, though. It's been over two years since the band supposedly started writing and still not so much as a single working song title or even a hint that the band has begun recording. I asked Livia on the King Diamond forum and got an extremely vague answer (something to the effect of, "oh, we're working on some time tables").

Also, Desultory announced all the way back in February that they finished writing their new album and were going to record it. Still no updates since then, but I'd imagine it will come out in 2015.

Intraum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:13 pm 

Wasn't Deceased supposed to release a new album this year? Hopefully it comes out next year because I'm really looking forward to hearing that. Agoraphobic Nosebleed is another band that I thought was supposed to release new shit this year.

BlackHussar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:17 pm 

New Shape of Despair. The title is yet not known, but band confirmed the info. It will be released in the beginning of 2015 via Season of Mist. It's been 10 years since "Illusions Play" release.

There's live version of "Unresolved" on youtube, and it sounds like dream.

Really excited! :D

TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:23 pm 

Intraum wrote:
Wasn't Deceased supposed to release a new album this year? Hopefully it comes out next year because I'm really looking forward to hearing that.

I think the working title was The Ghostly White or something similar. It was projected for fall 2014, so hopefully it's not too far out. Their last album was killer, not to mention October 31's latest was pretty damn good too.

Morn Of Solace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 pm 

Seconding Sigh, Enslaved, Blind guardian, Melechesh, DHG and nokturnal mortum!

I'm also looking after the new Klabautamann: their last album disappointed me a bit, but it still featured few great songs, so i know that they can deliver another masterpiece like Merkur if they can get the right inspiration

also i'm interested to hear the new Shining (if they continue to pursue the more progressive black metal path like Redefining darkness)
and new Solefald (they never disappointed me, their records are always a surprise)

Ancient Sunlight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:29 pm 

Raven! Their kickstarter was successful so hopefully they will release the new album towards the end of next year. I'm optimistic about U.D.O.'s new release too; and there's some lingering curiosity for Blind Guardian.

TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:33 pm 

Ancient Sunlight wrote:
Raven! Their kickstarter was successful so hopefully they will release the new album towards the end of next year. I'm optimistic about U.D.O.'s new release too; and there's some lingering curiosity for Blind Guardian.

Everything I've been hearing about that upcoming Raven album has been positive and glowing, so I think it'll be worth the wait.

On top of that, I think A Sound of Thunder is releasing another full length next year, so I'll be pumped for that.

ChineseDownhill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:46 pm 

There are two upcoming albums from bands I listen to that could be amazing or terrible, depending on recent lineup changes and how they affect band chemistry / songwriting.

New Nightwish - After ignoring what they did with Annette, I think there's some chance I could get back into them with Floor on vocals. I'm sure her performance will be fine, I guess it just depends if Tuomas writes something good.

Also,

Unity wrote:
I can't wait for Moonspell's "Extinct" and COF's "Hammer Of The Witches"! :)

New Cradle of Filth - Both guitarists and the keyboardist / backing vocalist are brand new to the band. I really have no idea what this will sound like.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 pm 

I was going to say that I was hoping for the new Brutality album to be a contender for AOTY, but the fact of the matter is that Jim Cocker isn't part of the line-up anymore. That's just sad because they had the formation of the debut grouped up for it, and now there's this "outsider" in their ranks. That and the fact that they've said that they're putting one of the two songs from last year's EP on it.

So... yeah, although there are a few good names in line for releasing new material I can't say I'm very excited about any of them in particular. Maybe the new Acolytes Of Moros though, that one I'd like to see materialized.

Reid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:43 pm 

I'm personally really excited for the new Anthrax. I thought Worship Music was one of the better, if not the best records by one of the big four, and I think Anthrax (out of the four) have the most to say, at least from a musical perspective. I'll be interested to see how exactly this grows out of the previous album- I've heard them say the thrash is supposed to be more pronounced, so something like a mix of Persistence of Time with Worship Music would be awesome.

A Backwards 6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:10 pm 

Actually i've got nothing so far. Maybe Hackneyed? Because they still exist and have a new line up. Now there are two pairs of siblings. Is this unique? :D

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 pm 

Extremely excited for the new Solium Fatalis, The Undying Season. Their s/t debut was easily my favorite album of 2013. The preview song, "Corporeal Form", makes it seem as if they'll continue that blend of Technical/Black/Death Metal.

A free set of broken equipment

Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm 

One Master - Reclusive Blasphemy

Metantoine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 pm 

Reclusive Cupcake
Spoiler: show

But yeah, awesome artwork is awesome.

Halberd (doom/death)

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 pm 

Deivos - Theodicy should be fantastic. The band is tuning down a bit, according to a recent article that I read, and are going for longer songs. The musicianship has been awesome but they needed heavier guitars for their style, I thought, and longer songs could well point to even better songwriting. One of my favorite bands progressing. Excellent. Hopefully they didn't 'progress' like Opeth or Abysmal Torment. One went soft and one went over-the-top and nonsensical.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:30 pm 

A while back there were murmurings about a new Elysian Blaze album that would be due out in 2014, but we didn't see it this year so I reckon it will come out in 2015 (hopefully). There are tons of others I'm sure, but that one has me pretty erect.

COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:08 pm 

Cultes Des Ghoules

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next