Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
grimwinter13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:04 pm 

Through the first 3 months, I've seen a rise in excellent brutal death bands and releases. Carnal Decay, Acranius, and Scordatura put out possibly their best albums yet. Cranial Engorgement, Cunt Torch, and Human Error (ex-Acrania) have emerged from the underground with very strong debuts. Dying Fetus and Whoretopsy plan to release later this year, and there are even rumors of a new Abominable Putridity album. Even back in 2016, two awesome bands came out with incredible debuts: Virulency and Wormhole. Could 2017 be brutal death's best year yet?

And also, what're your favorite new releases of brutal death?

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:09 am 

'17 has been & will continue to be a good year for death metal in general. On the brutal death side of things, I liked the new Analepsy, Benighted (more on the grindy side but hey it's still brutal as fuck!), Desecrate the Faith, Cranial Engorgement (another good find), Human Error (enjoyed this way more than I expected) etc. Wormhole is instrumentally solid but the vocals killed it for me. Sampled some Scordatura, Vomit Remnants (the vocals on this one!!!) & Condemned (California) as well, good shit. Can't wait for Dying Fetus, Suffocation & Hideous Divinity. Probably forgetting a few atm. This year is packed!

kittensofdoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:41 am 

Yes, quite possibly. The entertainment I get from the genre lies chiefly in the band names, and "Cunt Torch" is up there with the best.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 am 

Still waiting for the new Odious Mortem and Flesh Consumed, the latter of which is apparently finished and in the hands of Unique Leader, who haven't given the band a release date (at least according to a post on the FC facebook page).

Also upcoming and anticipated: Seminal Embalmment, Logic of Denial, and Interminable Corruptions.

Now that I think about it, I haven't checked out much 2017 bdm. Listening to a stream of that Cranial Engorgement now and kinda digging it.

Oh, knew there was something, even if just a single: https://involuntaryconvulsion.bandcamp. ... mbiguation
New Standard Elite pretty much does no wrong.

blackmantram
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 am 

No this year sucks. My fav BDM band, Kronos, disbanded this week.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am 

^WTF? I was just bumping Arisen New Era the other day. This fucking sucks. I thought they had a created a nice niche for themselves. What caused them to disband? :grr:

GanoesParan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 am 

blackmantram wrote:
No this year sucks. My fav BDM band, Kronos, disbanded this week.

Damn, that sucks. Arisen New Era is such a killer album.

blackmantram
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:29 am 

They posted a statement on their FB page. https://web.facebook.com/KRONOS-34830211765/?ref=s

Quote:
Friends,
We would like to inform you that the band will give their last gig at the Asylum Metal Fest this coming Saturday, April 1st.
Since our personal and family lives have evolved greatly in recent years, it has currently become complicated to invest ourselves 100% in the band.
This decision was not easy to make but is maturely thought.
The adventure that began more than 20 years ago with Mike and Grams will end; but KRONOS has a legacy of 4 albums that have marked the French & even international death metal scene, and this is for us a very great pride.
A Great pride also to have played and shared the stages with so many talented bands, from the smallest to the greatest, everywhere in France and in the four corners of Europe and to have met exceptional people throughout these years of which many became friends.
Thank you to all of you who have supported us so long, thank you for being here and for allowing us to grow from the beginning thanks to your support.
Thanks to all the people from near and far who helped us in all fields during these years (manager, organizers, distributors, labels, zines etc.)
Note that you will be able to find some of the members of the group in different projects in the future.
Up the titan

This screams "lack of interest" to me, which really sucks since they seemed very committed to their music judging by its quality.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm 

The lyrics are eh but otherwise pretty solid:
Incontinence | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrQGwZH4IU

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:10 pm 

I'm not very into BDM (most because many bands soun like second rated version of Suffocation, Devourment and/or Dying Fetus) but last year Wormed released Krighsu, which, was phenomenal.

This year i'm just looking forward for the new Benighted and Dying Fetus albums, although The Green Leaves EP caught me off guard, interesting band IMO.

http://www.facebook.com/NARAKU666

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:10 am 

This shit slams like a motherfucker!

Defleshed & Gutted - The Prophecy in the Entrails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqMVqhkI470

Everflowingstream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 am 

Waiting on new Beheaded in mail. Will get the Condemned. Be nice if Caligorge released something this year. Been a loooong time.

OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:26 am 

I've been listening to the new Analepsy album so much since it was released. It'll kick you in your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPN3cA7tgU&t=497s

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 am 

^Listening to it right now!
Do you play in Nucleus? Kickass band man!

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 pm 

Tentacle Centipede's album was disappointing. Hardly changed the entire time.
Hour of Penance, Fleshless, Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship (ok that was 12/30/16 but fuck it), Benighted, Beheaded, those had good releases this year though.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am 

Nope, not gonna' let this thread die! :-D

Krylithsic - Beast of the Northern Hemisphere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKCTOiHHyXw

Fucking intense techy bdm with vaguely industrial leanings...& this is just a promo. I'll be looking forward to more stuff from these guys in the future.

Anything worthwhile on your end, dudes?

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:39 pm 

Some more I haven't seen mentioned.

New Natrium is sounding like it will be very promising. Straight up brutal death with vocals that aren't too extreme (burpy), and some tasteful breakdowns without being slam.
Youtube: show

I also really enjoy the new Maggot Colony. Really enjoy the groove of this one.

Infestation. Nice slam from Lithuania. Can get a bit monotonous after a while, but they have some nice grooves in here, and I like the production a lot.

Carnal Decay, and Benighted are a couple more I really enjoy, though already mentioned.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 pm 

I was liking that Natrium album. Will need to give it some more time but it looks like something I could buy.

As mentioned earlier, too, Logic of Denial and Interminable Corruptions sound good, too - the latter is on its way to me.

Reply to topic