Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sunioj_Paul
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:46 pm
Posts: 13
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:51 pm 
 

Inspired by the 'Shitty set lists' thread, what are your favourite or just plain awesome songs that bands have never or rarely played live? The first one that comes to mind for me is Kill Again by Slayer. Easily one of my favourite songs by them and I've never seen them play it in nearly 20 years of going to see them. Fuck knows why they would leave a song out like this for so long when they constantly play others from the same era. Others are:

Iron Maiden - Alexander the Great (still never played live, can't believe they didn't play this on the SIT tour instead of Rime...)/Still Life and Infinite Dreams (can't believe they omitted these two from the recent Seventh Son tour)
Megadeth - Train of Consequences/The Conjuring/502.
Obituary - Chopped In Half (they only ever play the intro before going into Turned Inside Out, why do they do this?)
Carcass - Hepatic Tissue Fermentation II (a progressive death metal masterpiece)
Cannibal Corpse - Meat Hook Sodomy/Pulverized (my fave Corpse song)/The Bleeding/Perverse Suffering.
Bolt Thrower - The Shreds of Sanity/Where Next To Conquer/Spearhead (even did an EP for this one)/Armageddon Bound.
Deicide - Behead the Prophet/In Hell I Burn/The Truth Above.
Napalm Death - Vision Conquest/Plague Rages/Dogma/Diatribes.
Morbid Angel - Any track from Blessed Are the Sick apart from Fall From Grace and Day of Suffering. Criminally ignored album, every track a classic.
Rush - The Enemy Within (Ain't played this since they came back in 2002 and my favourite from the GUP album)

Top
 Profile  
Spiner202
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 pm 
 

Sunioj_Paul wrote:
Iron Maiden - Alexander the Great (still never played live, can't believe they didn't play this on the SIT tour instead of Rime...)/Still Life and Infinite Dreams (can't believe they omitted these two from the recent Seventh Son tour)


Infinite Dreams was actually considered for the recent tour, but I think it was eventually dropped because it's one of the more demanding songs vocally for Bruce, and the title track of Seventh Son is already one of the most difficult songs vocally.

Quote:
Megadeth - Train of Consequences/The Conjuring/502.


Dave won't play The Conjuring (or a few others) anymore because of the lyrics.

While on the topic of Megadeth, they don't play My Last Words enough. I think they busted it out one night when Lars requested it, but it isn't played very often.

Another one that comes to mind is Jump in the Fire by Metallica. Those guys are easily one of the best bands about switching up setlists every night and playing a variety of their classic material, but this song doesn't get played very often compared to most of their other classics.
_________________
Skull Fracturing Metal - Facebook Page
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2134
Location: England
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 pm 
 

I could go on for years listing songs i love that bands never play live

Obvious ones are stuff like Iron Maidens "Loneliness of the Long...", i think thats a speed metal classic and my favourite song on that album, theres quite alot of Metallica ones like Phantom Lord, Trapped Under Ice, Metal Militia, Leper Messiah, Frayed Ends of Sanity etc.

Oh yeh Jon really hates Burnt Offerings so we never get to hear the amazing title track, Diary or Brainwashed which is lame.

And i wish Sonata would play shit like UnOpened, Weballergy, Misplaced etc live!!!
_________________
You are still the number one, wilderness my soul.

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6340
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm 
 

If we're allowed to just talk about our favorite bands, I wish Gargoyle would start playing the original Dogma again. It really is just far superior to Super Dogma, even if the latter is heavier.

Oh, and I haven't seen Yasha ga Ike in a Ningen-Isu setlist in years, which is just wrong.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
JohnTheDrummer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 pm 
 

I'll post about the same band I posted about in the worst setlist thread :lol:

Melechesh NEVER plays anything (other than "G,S,AMN") off of Djinn, or even "As Jerusalem Burns", for that matter. I know a majority of their fans are into "Emissaries" and "Epigenesis", and "Sphynx" too, but come on now! Bust some more out!
_________________
Funeral Age
http://www.funeralage.com
http://www.funeralage.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Dalla Nebbia
http://www.facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
http://www.dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3810
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:34 pm 
 

I just always assumed they never played "Of Mercury and Mercury" because it was too difficult live. On pure tension/release merits alone, that is perhaps their greatest song and would fucking slay live.

Overkill don't seem to play "New Machine" live anymore (at least not since 2006 or so) and that should be the de facto opener IMO.
_________________
Passive-aggressive complainee wrote:
Communicating exclusively in gifs makes you the most annoying mod ever

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
true_death
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm 
 

Sunioj_Paul wrote:
Obituary - Chopped In Half (they only ever play the intro before going into Turned Inside Out, why do they do this?)


Probably because the entire song is instrumental except for the intro. I get why they do it (and from what I know, have always done it), but it's a shame considering that the song has probably one of the heaviest Obituary riffs ever! I imagine it's the same reason they never do "Words of Evil" or "Dying". However I don't mind, Obituary had probably one of the best setlists I've ever seen when I saw them.

Sunioj_Paul wrote:
Carcass - Hepatic Tissue Fermentation II (a progressive death metal masterpiece)


Another is "Ruptured in Purulence", which they have always used as an intro to "Heartwork". I get why Obituary does that to some extent, because it does sound cool as an intro, but "Ruptured" is such a fucking incredible song, I have no idea why they'd do that. Also, "Crepitated Bowel Erosion" is a great tune and would be amazing to see in their setlist. They played a ton of stuff off "Surgical Steel" when I saw them, which is fine...it's a masterpiece too, but I'd exchange any one of those songs for "Crepitated Bowel Erosion" :lol:


Last edited by true_death on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 404
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm 
 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Oh yeh Jon really hates Burnt Offerings so we never get to hear the amazing title track, Diary or Brainwashed which is lame.


This is the first thing I thought when I read the post title, shame, burnt offerings is one of my all time favorite albums.

Top
 Profile  
lordcatfish
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:44 pm
Posts: 196
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:16 pm 
 

Kreator - stuff from their 'experimental' period (92-99). Nowadays we just get 'Phobia' at every show. I'm pretty sure there's been the odd song from Renewal in the not too distant past, but Endorama and Cause for Conflict never get a look in. I have heard that CfC stuff gets passed over as Ventor doesn't enjoy playing the songs due to the drumming style (hence the simplified version of 'Lost' on Live Kreation). I'd love to see songs like 'Zero to None', 'Forever', 'Winter Matyrium' or 'Shadowland' get a a setlist slot. I guess 'Everlasting Flame' might be a stretch though. To be honest though, any sort of variation would be good these days, as their setlists are quite predictable.

Ozzy - any Bark at the Moon song other than the title track. There's far more to this album than that one song (rightfully considered an Ozzy classic). I don't think anything other than the title track has been played since Jake left. 'Forever' aka 'Center of Eternity' would be the best candidate for a setlist slot in my mind. Wouldn't mind 'Waiting for Darkness' either. Although, again, like Kreator, any variation would be good as the setlists are very predictable.

Children of Bodom - Knuckleduster. I was lucky enough to see this song live in 2005. It worked well and it was great to see Alexi nail the solo.

Fear Factory - Byte Block. This has always been one of my favourite songs from Digimortal but it's never got a live airing. They seem to be playing more and more from this album these days, so perhaps there's a chance they'll give it a go one day. Same goes for non-Dino material.

Edguy - anything from The Savage Poetry. This album is too good to get overlooked at every show. It'd be nice to see 'The Asylum' get another stint in the set too. I still can't believe 'Wasted Time' hasn't been played yet either. I'm sure that'd sound great live.

Metallica - Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn. The two best songs from the Load era. Bleeding Me gets played every now and then, but I feel it should be in regular rotation in their sets. Outlaw has only been played 13 times according to setlist.fm, which is criminal for a song of this quality.
_________________
last.fm

Top
 Profile  
JohnTheDrummer
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:22 pm 
 

lordcatfish wrote:
Kreator - stuff from their 'experimental' period (92-99). Nowadays we just get 'Phobia' at every show. I'm pretty sure there's been the odd song from Renewal in the not too distant past, but Endorama and Cause for Conflict never get a look in. I have heard that CfC stuff gets passed over as Ventor doesn't enjoy playing the songs due to the drumming style (hence the simplified version of 'Lost' on Live Kreation). I'd love to see songs like 'Zero to None', 'Forever', 'Winter Matyrium' or 'Shadowland' get a a setlist slot. I guess 'Everlasting Flame' might be a stretch though. To be honest though, any sort of variation would be good these days, as their setlists are quite predictable.


I 100% agree with them puting more of those songs into their set! Endorama is one of my favorite Kreator albums. As a drummer, its quite boring, but when listening to the music as a whole... so amazing!
_________________
Funeral Age
http://www.funeralage.com
http://www.funeralage.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Dalla Nebbia
http://www.facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
http://www.dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9854
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm 
 

I'll drop Septic Flesh again like I did in that other thread. Their old stuff rules so much yet they won't even touch a single song except maybe "Virtues of the Beast" or "Unbeliever". Great songs, of course, and from a great album. They seem to want to keep that material completely hidden from US audiences. I've seen them twice (2010 and 2012) and it was pretty much the exact same songs they played. I saw their setlist from last month at Studio 7... same formula, just with new songs from that turd Titan.

"The Future Belongs to the Brave"? HELLO, GUYS? "Little Music Box"? "Infernal Sun"? No, we get "burrrrn! burrrrrn!"
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3810
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm 
 

lordcatfish wrote:
Children of Bodom - Knuckleduster. I was lucky enough to see this song live in 2005. It worked well and it was great to see Alexi nail the solo.


Nice! Yeah that is one of my favorites of theirs, and a real shame it was left off of the regular AYDY? pressings. Even better to catch it live!
_________________
Passive-aggressive complainee wrote:
Communicating exclusively in gifs makes you the most annoying mod ever

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
soulonfire
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 pm 
 

A big one for me would be "FiXXXer" by Metallica. Great song that has never been played live. Also, "Where the Wild Things Are".

Judas Priest has been ignoring some good songs from the Ripper era since Halford came back. I wouldn't mind hearing him tackle "Burn in Hell" or "Cathedral Spires".
_________________
Hircine wrote:
Step 1 for 'How not to create evil atmosphere on a death metal album':

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Top
 Profile  
Metal_Jaw
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm
Posts: 229
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 pm 
 

I think we can all agree that Sepultura needs to play more pre-''Roots'' stuff, particularly IMO from ''Schizophrenia''.

Grave Digger needs to get their heads out of their asses and stop fellating ''Tunes of War'' & 'Knights of the Cross'' and start fellating ''The Grave Digger'' & ''Rheingold''. I'm sure there's others but I'm blanking at the moment.

EDIT: I just remembered. Hey Anthrax, less ''Among The Living'', more ''Persistence of Time''.

And Testament needs hit up more songs from ''The Legacy'' that aren't ''Over The Wall'' or ''The Haunting'.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:05 pm 
 

Nightwish really need to integrate more tracks from Oceanborn and Wishmaster into their live sets, now that they have a vocalist who can handle the material. I mean, come on! "The Kinslayer," anyone? "Crownless"? "Sacrament of Wilderness"? "Beauty of the Beast"? "Dead to the World"? "Pharaoh Sails to motherfucking Orion"?!? Come ooonnnnn!
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 404
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:37 am 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Nightwish really need to integrate more tracks from Oceanborn and Wishmaster into their live sets, now that they have a vocalist who can handle the material. I mean, come on! "The Kinslayer," anyone? "Crownless"? "Sacrament of Wilderness"? "Beauty of the Beast"? "Dead to the World"? "Pharaoh Sails to motherfucking Orion"?!? Come ooonnnnn!


I am going to see Nightwish in April, was really excited, now kinda worried, I didn't realize they don't play much of their old stuff, I figured they would play that stuff again now they got Floors, however listening to after forever is getting me really pumped for a new Nightwish album.

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5818
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 am 
 

Spiner202 wrote:
Dave won't play The Conjuring (or a few others) anymore because of the lyrics.


He won't do "Looking Down the Cross" anymore either.

Cradle of Filth never do "Queen of Winter, Throned" anymore, which is shitty because 1. That song rules, and 2. It was a regular part of their set from the Cruelty era through the Midian era. Also, when it comes to Vempire songs, they've only done "The Rape and Ruin of Angels" live, in full, exactly one time at a show in Germany in 1995. The only other time any bit of it was done was as part of a medley with "Malice Through the Looking Glass" in 1996, a bootleg that's readily available on Youtube. Even though they've started incorporating more old material into sets over the last few years ("Haunted Shores", "Beneath the Howling Stars", "Funeral in Carpathia", "Heaven Torn Asunder", "A Dream of Wolves in the Snow", and "Summer Dying Fast" are all songs they've included in sets in the past 5 years), there's still a TON of stuff from their 90s albums that they've either never done or don't do anymore, which is a damn shame since those are universally considered their best material.

Oh, and they rarely/never do anything off Midian except "Her Ghost in the Fog" either. Bullshit, that is. They've only ever done four songs off that album, and stuff like "Saffron's Curse", "Amor E Morte", "Death Magick for Adepts", and "Tearing the Veil from Grace" (my personal favorite off that album, by the way) have never even been touched. To reiterate, bullshit, that is. The only other song they've been doing off that album regularly has been "Cthulhu Dawn", but that's been infrequent over the last half decade.

P.S. They rarely do stuff off Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder too, as that album's suffered the same fate Midian has.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Bishop_Drugsalot
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 am
Posts: 233
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 am 
 

Primordial have a pretty static setlist, considering their insane arsenal of great songs. I would kill to hear End of All Times live. Also, stuff like Glorious Dawn and Children of the Harvest, play them NAO!
The chance of them adding other older songs to their setlist is diminishing with the new album though.

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1626
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 am 
 

lordcatfish wrote:
Fear Factory - Byte Block. This has always been one of my favourite songs from Digimortal but it's never got a live airing. They seem to be playing more and more from this album these days, so perhaps there's a chance they'll give it a go one day. Same goes for non-Dino material.



Yeah, Archetype deserves more attention from the band, at least 2-3 songs should be played. Even Trangression has something to be played alive.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 am 
 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
Nightwish really need to integrate more tracks from Oceanborn and Wishmaster into their live sets, now that they have a vocalist who can handle the material. I mean, come on! "The Kinslayer," anyone? "Crownless"? "Sacrament of Wilderness"? "Beauty of the Beast"? "Dead to the World"? "Pharaoh Sails to motherfucking Orion"?!? Come ooonnnnn!

I am going to see Nightwish in April, was really excited, now kinda worried, I didn't realize they don't play much of their old stuff, I figured they would play that stuff again now they got Floors, however listening to after forever is getting me really pumped for a new Nightwish album.

They did perform a few tracks from Wishmaster and Century Child on their last live album ("She is My Sin," "Ever Dream," "Bless the Child"), but I'm just greedy for more Wishmaster and would like to see at least SOME Oceanborn representation.
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
lordcatfish
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:44 pm
Posts: 196
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:57 pm 
 

Subrick wrote:
Cradle of Filth never do "Queen of Winter, Throned" anymore, which is shitty because 1. That song rules, and 2. It was a regular part of their set from the Cruelty era through the Midian era. Also, when it comes to Vempire songs, they've only done "The Rape and Ruin of Angels" live, in full, exactly one time at a show in Germany in 1995. The only other time any bit of it was done was as part of a medley with "Malice Through the Looking Glass" in 1996, a bootleg that's readily available on Youtube. Even though they've started incorporating more old material into sets over the last few years ("Haunted Shores", "Beneath the Howling Stars", "Funeral in Carpathia", "Heaven Torn Asunder", "A Dream of Wolves in the Snow", and "Summer Dying Fast" are all songs they've included in sets in the past 5 years), there's still a TON of stuff from their 90s albums that they've either never done or don't do anymore, which is a damn shame since those are universally considered their best material.

Oh, and they rarely/never do anything off Midian except "Her Ghost in the Fog" either. Bullshit, that is. They've only ever done four songs off that album, and stuff like "Saffron's Curse", "Amor E Morte", "Death Magick for Adepts", and "Tearing the Veil from Grace" (my personal favorite off that album, by the way) have never even been touched. To reiterate, bullshit, that is. The only other song they've been doing off that album regularly has been "Cthulhu Dawn", but that's been infrequent over the last half decade.

I'd love to see 'Lustmord and Wargasm' live. Probably my favourite Cradle song. I also agree about Midian, which is my favourite Cradle album. So many great songs unplayed. I'm just glad 'Tortured Soul Asylum' got a chance at one point (my favourite off that album).
_________________
last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm
Posts: 1182
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:58 pm 
 

I'm hoping Cradle of Filth will incorporate more Cruelty songs into their setlists. Paul was never a fan of that album so that probably hindered the rest of the band from playing much of it live. At least they're playing Beneath the Howling Stars. I'd kill to see Thirteen Autumns or Twisted Nails.
_________________
BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Every thread is secretly a Manowar thread.

Top
 Profile  
simonitro
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:41 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Lebanon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:06 pm 
 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
Nightwish really need to integrate more tracks from Oceanborn and Wishmaster into their live sets, now that they have a vocalist who can handle the material. I mean, come on! "The Kinslayer," anyone? "Crownless"? "Sacrament of Wilderness"? "Beauty of the Beast"? "Dead to the World"? "Pharaoh Sails to motherfucking Orion"?!? Come ooonnnnn!

I am going to see Nightwish in April, was really excited, now kinda worried, I didn't realize they don't play much of their old stuff, I figured they would play that stuff again now they got Floors, however listening to after forever is getting me really pumped for a new Nightwish album.

Quote:
They did perform a few tracks from Wishmaster and Century Child on their last live album ("She is My Sin," "Ever Dream," "Bless the Child"), but I'm just greedy for more Wishmaster and would like to see at least SOME Oceanborn representation.


Nightwish seems to never play songs from their debut album "Angel Fall First". I love so many songs from that album like Elvenpath, Beauty and the Beast, Astral Romance, Tutankhamen, Nymphomaniac Fantasia, and Know Why the Nightingale Sings (I don't know if they ever played this song live)
_________________
POWER METAL FOREVER \m/ Yet, I'd listen to almost every Metal sub-genre it's just Power Metal is my favorite!

Top
 Profile  
lord_ghengis
Metal freak

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:31 pm
Posts: 5397
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:42 pm 
 

From what I've seen Blind Guardian only ever consistently played Another Holy War for like 2 years, and haven't since the turn of the decade, this makes me sad.
_________________
Naamath wrote:
No comments, no words need it, no BM, no compromise, only grains in her face.

Top
 Profile  
androdion
Metal freak

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Posts: 5075
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 pm 
 

simonitro wrote:
Nightwish seems to never play songs from their debut album "Angel Fall First". I love so many songs from that album like Elvenpath, Beauty and the Beast, Astral Romance, Tutankhamen, Nymphomaniac Fantasia, and Know Why the Nightingale Sings (I don't know if they ever played this song live)

Actually they have played them live, but that was back then in the Spinefarm days. I believe there's footage of their first live show on the End Of Innocence DVD, but it has been years since I've seen that one. I saw them live as far back as 2005, so pre-Anette, but even a decade back they didn't play even one goddamn song from Oceanborn. Not even Sacrament Of Wilderness for fuck's sake! So almost ten years later I highly doubt they'll bother doing so...
_________________
ANGST ISST DIE SEELE AUF
androdion@Discogs

Top
 Profile  
Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm
Posts: 1182
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:30 pm 
 

lord_ghengis wrote:
From what I've seen Blind Guardian only ever consistently played Another Holy War for like 2 years, and haven't since the turn of the decade, this makes me sad.

Agreed! I would love to see Journey Through the Dark or Ashes to Ashes live... And how amazing would Somewhere Far Beyond be? That crept back into their setlist in 2012. One can dream.
_________________
BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Every thread is secretly a Manowar thread.

Top
 Profile  
Folkemon_
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 2134
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:42 pm 
 

Funnily enough Journey Through the Dark is on both their live albums but i can't find one video of them playing it on youtube and they never play it at all.

Edit: scratch that i found one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDab1LGvqdE , didnt find it a few years back when i searched
_________________
You are still the number one, wilderness my soul.

Top
 Profile  
rsngfrce
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:07 pm
Posts: 22
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:24 am 
 

I don't know if this quite qualifies as 'rarely' played live, because they have played it a fair number of times (in the past), though it is still rare and I doubt any true Dream Theater fan would not love to see them play "A Change of Seasons". (Though I personally don't care, now that Mike is gone.)
_________________
Totally obsessed or uninterested...

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Folkemon_, henkkjelle, teh_Foxx0rz and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group