Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:40 am 

^ Ciao Max, benvenuto!

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:49 am 

Oddeye wrote:

That's an awesome swedish haul dude! If you like Silent Night Fever be sure to check out the other two albums as well, they are awesome.

Another band you should check out is The Resistance. It's with both Jesper Strömblad and Glenn Ljungström from Dimension Zero while Marco Aro from The Haunted sings. Great hardcore infused death metal.

THX mate!

This is death/thrash time for me ahahah still know Dimension Zero 'This is hell', I've really consume it.
I've know The Resistance just for the name and I really want to check out their debut. If anyone are in the death/thrash bands over there, I suggest to listen also to Deathchain from Finland, they put the first two album with an unbriedable violence.

"You make it easy."

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:25 pm 

Some recent additions that have arrived recently

1. Lycanthropy - Black Christmas (21/30)
2. Lycanthropy - Dead Silence
3. Hortor - Ancient Satanic Rituals are Crushed in Dust
4. Svyatogor - Doctor Veritas
5. Myrkur - Myrkur
6. Gored - Incinerate the Vanquished
7. Vader - Tibi et Igni
8. Hguols -Maunstraut

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 pm 

Some metal stuff I got recently:

Deafheaven- Sunbather
Yob- The great cessation
Earth- 2 and Pentastar
Sunn 0))) and Nurse with Wound- The iron soul of nothing 2 lp (got this one for only $10 including shipping! And got a bunch of other awesome non metal records from the same seller for an insane price)
Demilich ‎– 20th Adversary Of Emptiness 2 cd (you can see I'm anal about the condition of the cd, I put it in a resealable plastic sleeve after opening and cut around the shrink wrap to preserve the sticker on the front, I sleeve all my digipaks, prevents 'em from getting damaged)

A few non metal cds from the great experimental label Copy for your records that releases glass mastered cds in tiny amounts of 150-200 copies:

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:36 pm 

Picked up some more stuff today:

Vintersorg - Till fjälls (Coloured Lp)
Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain (Coloured Lp)

And finally this tape...:

Chätiment - Sang des Carpathes (71/100)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Some metal stuff I got recently:

Deafheaven- Sunbather

Nice, I wanted Sunbather on vinyl but they only had Roads to Judah at their gig so I grabbed the CD.

I got an used copy of Faith No More - Angel Dust on CD yesterday, great album.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:53 am 

a huge lot from an online flea market arrived yesterday, total was less than 1 Euro per CD. A lot of bullshit among it but also some real gems, bottom line it was definitely worth it:

Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

BlackFlags
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:47 am 

^ Holy shit dude, score???

Nocturnal Poisoning - the 2nd album, autographed
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Napalm Death - Scum
Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 pm 

Is that an original Cro-mags?
2 copies of Painkiller is totally acceptable :nods:

We need to do a 'pick of the litter' from our purchases, the thing you got that you're the most excited or pleased about = your pick of the litter :thumbsup:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:03 pm 

Below - Across the Dark River - Epic doom metal??? I just bought it because I really like the album art, we'll see what happens.
Allura - A Change in the Winds - I dunno what this is, some places called it metal, meh we'll see.
Anagnorisis - Overton Trees
Blinded by Faith - Chernobyl Survivor

Free stuff from last night:

Everscathed - Wave of Disaster promo
Everscathed - patch

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Is that an original Cro-mags?
2 copies of Painkiller is totally acceptable :nods:

We need to do a 'pick of the litter' from our purchases, the thing you got that you're the most excited or pleased about = your pick of the litter :thumbsup:

Yes, it is an original Cro-Mag CD and a I already had Painkiller on Vinyl (was the first LP I ever bought by the way) and CD I'm getting rid off those again. Probably the best pick is the Saxon - Crusader CD which is exactly this version: http://www.ebay.de/itm/171456991264

I'll only keep appx. 25-30 of those and the rest will be sold, traded or thrown away within the next 4-6 weeks
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:02 pm 

Holy shit Asti that's a nice haul with a lot of great stuff in it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:09 pm 

Woah, that must have been a heavy box! I'd need at least a month to sort through all that. Probably longer. The one time I received a box of CDs that big was when a family member was digitizing his collection. I should scour my area and see if anyone is selling cheap, bulk lots of CDs. I'd be up for the challenge of going through them all again.

And once again dreadmeat, cool idea! A pick of the litter would be especially interesting when someone buys in bulk. My eyes go fuzzy looking at all the contrasting cover art, haha.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm 

yes, the box was at the maximum of that what is allowed in Germany as parcel weight. I already sorted out the stuff I want to keep and now I'm thinking of how to get rid off the rest as fast as possible as I'm too lazy selling or trading those as individual CDs.

Quack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 pm 

This is what I got locally this week. Pictured stuff I got for approx. 80.00 dollars. I'm especially happy with the Goddified EP. I also got Death's Human and Individual Thought Patterns both first pressings for a a friend of mine.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:49 pm 

Those Brutality albums are a rare find, even the reissues are getting pricey! :eek:
Do you not want/like them?

Asti78 wrote:
Yes, it is an original Cro-Mag CD and a I already had Painkiller on Vinyl (was the first LP I ever bought by the way)
yeah? it was one of the first tapes I ever bought, it made a long lasting impression on me.

Quack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:42 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
Those Brutality albums are a rare find, even the reissues are getting pricey! :eek:
Do you not want/like them?

If you have something from my wanted list (except Vader, Immolation).. check my profile. I'm interested only in first pressing ;-)

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:29 pm 

Metal:
Saint Vitus - Saint Vitus
Voivod - Phobos (this is a promo copy apparently, which explains the different album cover. I had to do a double take when I saw it)

Non-metal:
Julian Casablancas + the Voidz - Tyranny
The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed

I would've picked up a lot more albums, however I was in dire need of a replacement Wii remote + nunchuk, along with a Wii U Pro controller, so the rest of my money went towards that. I didn't seem to find anything particularly special today while browsing around (aside from the Voivod album), so I'm fine with this.

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:37 pm 

Fucking sick haul the past few days...

Solstice - The Sentencing LP reissue on Blue Hazed vinyl with poster and download card
Obituary - The End Complete (first press)
Convulse - World Without God (2010 repress with bonus tracks)
And one of the things I've been searching for forever, a Suffocation backpatch. Ordered it from Mexico since it was the only one I could find online anywhere, and I shit you not, maybe 2 fucking days went by, and then there were like 3 different ones on eGay. Oh well, at least I got the color I wanted, cause the ones on ebay are all red.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:51 pm 

Prosthetic Records Black/Death grab bag came in:

1. Crematorium - For All Our Sins
2. Black September - The Forbidden Gates Beyond
3. Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent
4. The Funeral Pyre - The Nature of Betrayal
5. Book of Black Earth - Horoskopus

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm 

How's that Black September mate?

Azmodes wrote:

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm 

I haven't even opened them out of the plastic yet, but after I give them a listen I will let you know!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm 

Awesome. I was just checking out the albums you posted because I was thinking about buying that bag as well. Probably not going too because only the one band sounded good to me. Plus y'know Chicago pride baby.

Azmodes wrote:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:08 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:

Voivod - Phobos (this is a promo copy apparently, which explains the different album cover. I had to do a double take when I saw it)

Hmmm I was just going to say the artwork looks really cool but it turns out to be slightly valuable too
http://www.discogs.com/Vo%C3%AFvod-Phobos/release/1718868

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
I would've picked up a lot more albums, however I was in dire need of a replacement Wii remote + nunchuk, along with a Wii U Pro controller
How metal is this :lol:

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:14 am 

I'll have you know it's extraordinarily metal! Hmph! :wink:

Lord Deadite
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 am 

Crucified Mortals - s/t
Kiss - Animalize
Kiss - Asylum
Nekrofilth - Devil's Breath

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 am 

Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh (why didn't I have this earlier, Peter does an outstanding vocal performance here imo)

And from the €1,99 bargain bin, some gambles:
Secretum - Happy Happy Killing Time (I've read something about a Pungent Stench comparison?)
Seeds of Sorrow - Immortal Junkie
Fleshless - Hate Is Born
Fleshless - Slaves Of The God Machine

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 am 

Förgjord/Nekrokrist

Moonsorrow - Heritage: 1995-2008 - The Collected Works (White Edition)

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:41 pm 

Jasper92 wrote:

Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh (why didn't I have this earlier)

same here, but I guess I'm just wondering which version to buy, the one with the skulls on the cover art or the zombie man like you have :p Anyone that knows the reason for the cover art change (only 4 years between the original release and the reissue, kinda weird...)? Is it slightly remastered maybe, or the same master copy? Same for the 'Breeding Death' EP (6 years in between in this case, and they just zoomed in little bit bit on the cover art; so to see to full album art you have to unfold the booklet)... They did however add 2 bonus demo songs on that EP... But even that seems kind of a dubious reason to reissue something fairly recent. Or Century Media generally just like to reissue stuff ? :p

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:52 pm 

I find it extremely annoying when labels do that, 4 year reissue my arse, they should wait 10 or more years for something like this really.
There are about 5 different versions of it :|

original skull artwork, digipak, slipcase, reissue zombie guts guy and if you include the 'licensed' one with the original skull artwork = 5
there are likely others too

Woops, went off on a bit of a tangent there, it's cool music though :metal:
Maybe I'm just bitter because I have the reissue ha ha ha

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm 

666Emperor666:
Nice, you went for the Moonsorrow box! Looks really good.
I didn't myself, as I don't really have much experience with the band, have one album on cd, it's quite good though.

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:48 pm 

forestcorpse wrote:
666Emperor666:
Nice, you went for the Moonsorrow box! Looks really good.
I didn't myself, as I don't really have much experience with the band, have one album on cd, it's quite good though.

Yeah Moonsorrow have been one of my favourite bands for quite some time now. The boxset looks amazing! I'd recommend you to check out Verisäkeet and all the albums after that. Those are my favourites. I like their older stuff as well though.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 pm 

Fifth Angel - s/t (It's got that funky Metal Works logo under the artwork. Considering it was a few bucks, I couldn't care less.)
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission / Mind Wars (Been putting off this for long enough. I heard negative things about the remaster, if I remember correctly, but I rarely see originals and the price was right.)
Jaguar - Opening the Enclosure of... (apparently a Japan version because it came with an obi)
Nightcrawler - s/t (Besides this EP, the band also released an album which I've yet to hear. Shame they didn't release more. Tony Martin-era Black Sabbath vibes with tinges of early Europe)
Raise Hell - Holy Target & Not Dead Yet (Never heard of these guys before. Very decent 90s thrashy black metal)
Secret Sphere - Mistress of the Shadowlight (found out about this via the "Obscure Power Metal" thread)
Seventh Angel - The Torment (Two angels after Fifth Angel. I'm starting to delve into Christian metal and this definitely sounds like a good starting place. Intense thrash!)
Seventh Angel - Lament for the Weary

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
There are about 5 different versions of it :|

original skull artwork, digipak, slipcase, reissue zombie guts guy and if you include the 'licensed' one with the original skull artwork = 5
there are likely others too

and in the meantime, no one wants to reissue/re-press the 'Unblessing the Purity' EP, urgh,... I ain't paying 50 euro's for an EP, damn discogs and ebay thieves :guns:

Anyways, there's always the 'Fathomless Mastery' reissue from 2011 with those EP tracks, sneaky Peaceville crooks, haha :lol:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 pm 

Well I should be posting pictures of my new Darkspace stuff but in a completely not shocking turn of events the USPS has once again misplaced my mail. This happens with about 50% of all my packages, hopefully I'll get it soon. I have one of the 500 limited digipaks or I guess I should say I ordered one. Whether I actually get it or not is a different story.

Azmodes wrote:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 am 

Machine_Dead wrote:
and in the meantime, no one wants to reissue/re-press the 'Unblessing the Purity' EP, urgh,... I ain't paying 50 euro's for an EP, damn discogs and ebay thieves
Anyways, there's always the 'Fathomless Mastery' reissue from 2011 with those EP tracks, sneaky Peaceville crooks, haha
yeah that's one way to get the tracks you want eh!
There's one there for 19 euros http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/173575654?ev=bp_det vinyl though not CD and he's in Germany...

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Well I should be posting pictures of my new Darkspace stuff but in a completely not shocking turn of events the USPS has once again misplaced my mail. This happens with about 50% of all my packages, hopefully I'll get it soon. I have one of the 500 limited digipaks or I guess I should say I ordered one. Whether I actually get it or not is a different story.
yeah? all my parcels to you have arrived, how much does a po box cost there?
I used to get everything sent to my workplace during the day, working in inwards goods had its benefits, including all the packing materials I ever needed :nods:

I'll be posting some recent arrivals in here later today most likely

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 am 

Mysticaloldbard wrote:
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission / Mind Wars (Been putting off this for long enough. I heard negative things about the remaster, if I remember correctly, but I rarely see originals and the price was right.)

I don't really know if anyone's ever had issues with the remaster of Terror and Submission, but the biggest problem with this release is that the first song off Mind Wars has a very noticeable skip in the sound towards the end of the song. And what's worse, none of the several labels that reissued this thing ever bothered to fix it. Don't listen to anyone who says that it was there from the start as well. You can easily find videos of the original where no such skip exists.

I've been kinda contemplating buying this release myself since no label is really jumping at the opportunity to give either album a proper remastering (let alone fix the Mind Wars audio glitch) at the moment. I could just buy this for Terror and Submission and trash the Mind Wars CD and hunt down an original of that at the very least.

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:11 am 

Ancient Ascendant - Echoes and Cinder (2014)
Forlorn Path - Intifada
Forlorn Path - Man's Last Portrait
October Falls - A Collapse of Faith
October Falls - The Plague of a Coming Age
October Falls - The Womb of Primordial Nature
Gwynbleidd - Amaranthine
Gwynbleidd - Nostalgia
Agalloch - The Serpent and the Sphere (2014)
Salvaticus - Hidden Manna (2014)
Mastodon - Once More 'Round the Sun (2014)
Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare (2014)
Believer - Sanity Obscure

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:26 am 

"You make it easy."

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 am 

Sodom like their chainsaws and circular saw blades eh! Image

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 548, 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554 ... 766  Next