Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 pm 

Hi everybody im new to this forum, and recently discovered this amazing band.
Has anyone else heard them? They are very underrated for what theyve done so far. They are currently on tour opening for In Flames..I feel that these guys are going to become big someday.

http://www.myspace.com/sybreed

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:51 pm 

Industrial/Groove metal? Sounds fucking awful. However, I will check them out... once I'm done with Pleasure to Kill.

Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
Industrial/Groove metal? Sounds fucking awful. However, I will check them out... once I'm done with Pleasure to Kill.

Idk what groove is, they are more industrial melodic metal to me. These guys freaking own, Their first cd Slave Design is amazing as is their second and new album.

Rild
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:

I have Antares, 'metalcore from space' sums it up I'd say.

Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm 

Rild wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:

I have Antares, 'metalcore from space' sums it up I'd say.

Yeah Antares has a "space" atmosphere to it, Slave Design sound "Robotic" and Pulse of Awakening is "Epic".lol

Hemispheres
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:17 pm 

whatever I guess I'll check these guys out. From the name one could guess that they're like a more futuristic thrash with influences ranging from Insipid, Biomachanical, Mnemic, Darkane, Dew-Scented...though prolly not that good.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

:puke: ... That was awful. Too much industrial, and too much -core, not nearly enough metal. Granted, the MySpace seems to only/largely have been material from the latest album, which, judging from the reviews of the former ones is probably inferior to earlier releases, but still. Definitely not my thing. I can actually enjoy electronic music, sure, but here it was awfully done. Add to that the grating (when harsh) and ridicolous (when clean) vocals, and you have a killer band - that is, a band killers should set out for. I can understand them touring with In Fails, and it wouldn't surprise me if they hit the big markets with this kinda stuff, but to me it's just a big pile of musical manure.

... also the members generally looked like fags.

Last edited by ~Guest 178973 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

This isn't metal, but I like it. It's pretty catchy and smooth, and the clean vocals are really cool. I wish they'd drop the hardcoreish/metalcore vocals though.

Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:21 pm 

Yeah definately check out their first album Slave Design, it doesnt make use much of the clean vocals as much. I like the singers voice, awesome how he can switch back and forth, He sounds just as good live.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:21 pm 

Electronegative wrote:
Idk what groove is, they are more industrial melodic metal to me.

What.

Also, Sybreed are shitty groove with dance synths. Sounds like Deathstars.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:26 pm 

Crick wrote:
Electronegative wrote:
Idk what groove is, they are more industrial melodic metal to me.

What.

Also, Sybreed are shitty groove with dance synths. Sounds like Deathstars.

Now now, don't be harsh. Deathstars is actually remotely listenable, and I even enjoyed the song Blitzkrieg. This was directly vomit-inducing. I'd say this stuff was more like heavily deteriorated Thy Disease. At least, I think that's like it - I haven't heard a single Thy Disease song in ages. But from what I remember, that explanation comes pretty close.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm 

I found Deathstars listenable at one time. I recently revisited them and thought they sucked. Either way, I don't like Sybreed one bit.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 pm 

Crick wrote:
I found Deathstars listenable at one time. I recently revisited them and thought they sucked. Either way, I don't like Sybreed one bit.

Now, at least this part we can agree on. And I haven't heard Deathstars for a couple of months either - I'm afraid to revisit them, in case I end up hating the stuff now.

FuneralDeity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm 

Garbage. This "street team" pinhead should have posted his sybread praise in the promotion forum.

Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 pm 

FuneralDeity wrote:
Garbage. This "street team" pinhead should have posted his sybread praise in the promotion forum.

Ha

Kerpak
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 pm 

I heard their Slave Design album, it's mediocore -.

Edit: Just heard a bit from Antares, it's way worse.

Edit2: Their bassist looks cool.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 pm 

I just recently got into this band as well, in fact recently posted a recommendation for similar bands. Needless to say, no one posted any recommendations that came close...

Metalcore? How is this metalcore? Not even close... sheesh!

I can say that their album Pulse of Awakening is of lower quality than Antares or Slave Design, but I've gotten hooked on it nonetheless. It's catchy as hell! The vocals aren't as good as on their previous albums... on their first two albums the clean vocals soar!

It's almost like they play a heavy, technical and mechanical form of power metal with industrial influences. I think the groove on this band's label is from the post-thrash and Meshuggah-like influences.

I agree, they are a bit underrated.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Electronegative
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:11 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
I just recently got into this band as well, in fact recently posted a recommendation for similar bands. Needless to say, no one posted any recommendations that came close...

Metalcore? How is this metalcore? Not even close... sheesh!

I can say that their album Pulse of Awakening is of lower quality than Antares or Slave Design, but I've gotten hooked on it nonetheless. It's catchy as hell! The vocals aren't as good as on their previous albums... on their first two albums the clean vocals soar!

It's almost like they play a heavy, technical and mechanical form of power metal with industrial influences. I think the groove on this band's label is from the post-thrash and Meshuggah-like influences.

I agree, they are a bit underrated.

Thank you, Im glad someone agrees.lol I Dont see how they are metalcore either, metalcore is bulls***. Sybreed is pretty damn fast as well which is what I enjoy and they always have great drummers. Everyone says they sound like Meshuggah and I can tell the riffs do remind me of what Ive heard from them. Once I heard their albums I was hooked and thought, "Nobody has hear these guys??"lol Its funny because on youtube at their concerts the crowd totally sucks.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.