Last.fm

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:52 pm 

PS: Sorry, but I just had to.

volutetheswarth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:37 pm 

I was much less than thrilled with Back From Beyond so I won't be weeping over a violin on this one.

A Backwards 6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:44 pm 

Shit. With bass legend Terry Butler i expected great things from them.

tomcat_ha
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:54 pm 

I found the reunion album better than i expected. Nothing spectacular but casually enjoyable.

androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:56 pm 

I saw them in 2008 on their "goodbye show" with Terry, Rick and Kam, so I won't be sad about any of this. If nothing else it only appeases me that they're gone probably for good this time.

Norrmania
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:06 pm 

Some bands just need to know when to call it quits and not continue to pull the whole comeback card. Hopefully they won't end up coming back and back and back again like some do.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 pm 

Well fuck. They were slated to play here in Panama in Feb. Let's hope the local promoter gets a decent replacement.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 am 

Crap, and I was thinking I was about to see them live for the first time in 2015 on their tour with Death DTA :/

I guess if they do another album again reunion in the future I guess their new album will be called 'Back From Beyond Again/Comeback From Beyond' ? :p

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 am 

Who cares? Bands that made albums like Promise don't even deserve to make music any further.

French Toast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:55 am 

LeMiserable wrote:
Who cares? Bands that made albums like Promise don't even deserve to make music any further.

I've never listened to this

...could it really be THAT bad?

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:12 am 

French Toast wrote:
LeMiserable wrote:

I've never listened to this

...could it really be THAT bad?

Yes.

Destroyer_6_6_6
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm 

Who really gives a shit? I wasn't excited when they reformed without Kam. However I am excited about what Kam Lee and Rogga are doing with Grotesquery!

Viral
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 pm 

This news should (somewhat) delight that crybaby Kam Lee. If any of you are wondering what I'm taking about, read any past interview with him or add him on Facebook as I regrettably once did and you will see torrent after torrent of warmed-over emotional baggage from decades past (usually about people in his past fucking him over and taking credit for things they shouldn't have) being unleashed in every other one of his status updates. But, then again, I'm sure Rick Rozz trademarked the name which is probably how they were able to use it minus Kam (something else Kam has probably been complaining about in recent times), so that means even now that they've broken up he still can't do anything with the band.

Having said that, the Massacre reunion and comeback album both felt... I dunno, underwhelming perhaps? It seems like they got back to see if anything was "still there", if you get what I mean... kinda like a relationship being revisited by two people who want to see if they can reignite that old spark, but fail to do so because there's nothing left. Cheesy analogy, I know, but it fits, I think.

That's not right. That's not even wrong. It's so fundamentally inaccurate that I think it may well be incorrectable.

true_death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:29 pm 

Viral wrote:
This news should (somewhat) delight that crybaby Kam Lee. If any of you are wondering what I'm taking about, read any past interview with him or add him on Facebook as I regrettably once did and you will see torrent after torrent of warmed-over emotional baggage from decades past (usually about people in his past fucking him over and taking credit for things they shouldn't have) being unleashed in every other one of his status updates. But, then again, I'm sure Rick Rozz trademarked the name which is probably how they were able to use it minus Kam (something else Kam has probably been complaining about in recent times), so that means even now that they've broken up he still can't do anything with the band.

I saw Kam Lee talking shit about Bloodbath for hiring Nick Holmes and not him :lol:. What really pisses me off is how he tried to play the "integrity card" saying that he wouldn't take part in this reunion because it was an insult on his musical integrity....first off, Rick Rozz has stated that Kam was initially involved with the reunion but got kicked out by Mike Mazzonetto after one practice. And furthermore, what the fuck was that bullshit reunion he did in 2007 without Rick Rozz?? How the hell are you going to pretend you have such a high level of musical integrity when you yourself orchestrated a reunion of the band in 2007 without Rick Rozz, the band's only songwriter?

Honestly, Bill Andrews needs to come back :lol:. He's the only original member left who never took part in any drama or reunion - people might make fun of him but I always liked his style somewhat. However, apparently he doesn't play drums or listen to death metal very much anymore.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:35 am 

Very shocking shit! I love 'Back from Beyond' and the old mood they create on it.

(old) Death Metal lost again a big entity.

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic