Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the_raytownian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:27 am 

http://blackesteverblack.bigcartel.com/ ... kest024-lp

Have you heard about this? I'm only just listening to the preview. The production is super-clean relative to their other stuff, even Deformed Worship. It seems like they (apparently it's "THE Raspberry Bulbs" now) lose something this way... It doesn't have that cloudy, smeared, propulsive low end that the tape demos do, and it makes the mix seem kind of... weedy? What are your thoughts on the track posted?

I'm certainly still interested in the album. I haven't heard enough to comment beyond the production, though.

Truth be told, I was a bit underwhelmed by Deformed Worship, but it started growing on me after a while, so I'd like to give this record a chance, too. I'd pre-order, but 12 pounds is pretty steep for my currently non-existent budget. Hopefully I can scrape some money together before the pre-orders ship.

Amber Gray
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:45 am 

I liked Deformed Worship a lot. It reminded me more of primitive noise rock than that raw black metal/punk style though. That song sounded similar to DW while being even cleaner. I love raw ass stuff like Ancestors, Vacuus, and the like, but I can't say that I'd be disappointed with them continuing this sound.

the_raytownian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38 pm 

I think the rawness of the demos made the sound seem a lot fuller. All the noise and low-end rumble filled in the spaces and make the tapes sound more insistent and forceful. Granted, it meant everything was muddier, but it seemed to work well for RB.

I am really not picky about production at all, it's just interesting to note how much of a difference the production seems to make in the overall sound.

Amber Gray
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 pm 

Bump, has anyone listened to this? It's on spotify.
I really like it, I'm a huge fan of noise rock so it appeals to that side of me, but it still has a lot of black metal style riffs, as did Deformed Worship. It's also a bit more experimental, which is fine by me.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:34 am 

Still trying to digest Deformed Worship, but I'm definitely going to check this out.

EDIT: Listened on Spotify, and I like this well enough. Really digging the Rudi Peni-sounding stuff scattered about.

Reply to topic