Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:35 pm 

Rhett Forrester worked with several bands like Riot, Jack Starr, and also had a solo career. Unfortunately, he was shot and killed in an auto theft incident in 1994 when he refused to give up his car.

Listening to him, he was really a brilliant vocalist which has this sharp-edged range that does scorch through the music. I loved his work on Riot and the album "Born In America" is just fantastic and he truly does shine.

When speaking about great metal musicians' deaths, he seemed very overlooked. He barely ever mentioned and in all honesty, it does bother me. So, why is he overlooked? And who considers themselves a fan of his work?
POWER METAL FOREVER \m/ Yet, I'd listen to almost every Metal sub-genre it's just Power Metal is my favorite!

Required Fields
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:07 am 

I was listening to Born in America earlier this week, actually. Really good stuff!
Required Fields on YouTube

Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:53 am 

Yeah, shame about what happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:06 pm 

I really like both of the Riot albums he is on (particularly Born In America), but he can't stand up against Guy Speranza or Tony Moore, which is why I feel like he gets overlooked. Also, those albums aren't really full of hits, so people don't really talk about them very much. I don't feel like he did anything particularly unique, but he suited Riot's style at the time, and he was a decent enough replacement for Speranza.
Skull Fracturing Metal - Facebook Page

Reply to topic