Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Daywalker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 am 

DrippingInsanity wrote:
Daywalker wrote:
DrippingInsanity wrote:
Anything in the Indianapolis, Indiana area?

(excluding Indy CD & Vinyl as that they stock up on indie, rock, and other shit. Rarely there's something good)

A favorite of mine is Vibes Music in Broadripple, its at 1051 East 54th Street. You find most of the metal stuff actually in their Indie section, but they have a lot of good shit that is hard to find other places (theyre pretty picky about what actually constitutes indie too, for instance Slayer is under Pop/Rock).
Another place that I go for a little bit bigger selection & more mainstream releases is FYE in Castleton Square Mall. Its out of the city but still has a decent enough metal selection, & its where I probably buy most of my stuff.

Do they sell vinyl at both places?

Vibes does, although I don't think their metal vinyl selection is great. No vinyl at FYE that I can recall though. Sorry.

LeetMetalhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 pm 

Anybody aware of any stores in Lexington, KY? I kinda doubt it, but at least I gave it a shot...

Anywhere else in Kentucky would be fine as well; otherwise I'll have to purchase everything online...

Bonesnap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm 

I'm going to be experiencing my dream of traveling to Norway next week, and I was wondering if people can give some recommendations for metal shops in Oslo and Bergen. I'm actually looking for t-shirts more than CDs. Also, I'll be in Sweden (Stockholm) for three days as well, and making one day stops in Uppsala and Nyköping (God bless trains, eh?).

I'll be flying into London for two days to visit a friend and family before departing for Toronto, so if there are any recommendations for there as well, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

As a side note, I'll be in Bergen the day after Hole in the Sky festival finishes. Initially I was disappointed that I'd be missing the opportunity to see metal while actually being in Norway, but after looking over the band list and the price for a one-day ticket I realized it wasn't really worth it for me (I really only care to see Venom).

Thanks in advance for suggestions! Also it would be useful if you know if the shops accept Mastercard.

notdeadyet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 pm 

Tried a while ago for Chattanooga, TN. Trying again.

redagony
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm 

LeetMetalhead wrote:
Anybody aware of any stores in Lexington, KY? I kinda doubt it, but at least I gave it a shot...

Anywhere else in Kentucky would be fine as well; otherwise I'll have to purchase everything online...

CD Central on S. Limestone down by UK campus is your best bet. It caters to mostly indy rock, and other genres, but they do have a decent selection of metal.

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:16 pm 

Daywalker wrote:
DrippingInsanity wrote:
Daywalker wrote:
DrippingInsanity wrote:
Anything in the Indianapolis, Indiana area?

(excluding Indy CD & Vinyl as that they stock up on indie, rock, and other shit. Rarely there's something good)

A favorite of mine is Vibes Music in Broadripple, its at 1051 East 54th Street. You find most of the metal stuff actually in their Indie section, but they have a lot of good shit that is hard to find other places (theyre pretty picky about what actually constitutes indie too, for instance Slayer is under Pop/Rock).
Another place that I go for a little bit bigger selection & more mainstream releases is FYE in Castleton Square Mall. Its out of the city but still has a decent enough metal selection, & its where I probably buy most of my stuff.

Do they sell vinyl at both places?

Vibes does, although I don't think their metal vinyl selection is great. No vinyl at FYE that I can recall though. Sorry.

My FYE never had vinyl before but I went there today and now they have a little section for it. Not sure if they all starting doing that though.

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Bonesnap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 am 

Anyone for Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm and London?

Suechtler
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm 

Bonesnap wrote:
Anyone for Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm and London?

Stockholm has Repulsive Records, which is pretty much the best metal records store I've ever been too.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:58 pm 

Comrade17 wrote:
Is there any good metal shops in Columbus Ohio?

Enter_the_Grave90 wrote:
How about the Columbus, Ohio area?

Write this down, commit it to memory, and get your ass over there:
Dreadful Sounds at 3339 North High.

There's a sign on the pavement outside their door and you go up a flight of stairs to the actual shop. It's a pretty small place but so far the stuff they have in stock is absolutely awesome. I went for the first time last week (I live about an hour from Columbus and don't have my own car to drive up there all the time) and picked up Impaled Nazarene, Deceased, Bastardator, Bauhaus, Driller Killer, Gary Numan, Siouxsie & the Banshees... great variety. I ended up spending a lot of time narrowing down what I was going to buy--there's a lot of really cool stuff up there.

Their focus seem to be records considering that three walls have crates full of them. There's a box of 7"s dedicated entirely to local music. If you aren't involved at all in the local scene, look through this--you'll thank me. Lots of punk and metal and plenty of oldies like in any record shop. The fourth wall has the tapes (!!!!) and the CDs. The selection is much more limited but there's still cool shit to be had. And they also have a rack of t-shirts in the middle of the floor--I didn't look through these since I'm too small for most band shirts but you might be able to find cool shit here too.

They also have a facebook page.

As far as I'm concerned, Magnolia Thunderpussy might have more volume but Dreadful Sounds has more pure quality. And the stuff they have available isn't ridiculously marked up like it is at Magnolia. I'm looking forward to seeing this new record store grow.

Anyone who fancies an hour-long drive down 33 to Athens, OH, I highly recommend checking out Haffa's. They've really grown since they first started out and their selection just gets better and better. I seriously have to limit myself how often I go here or else I'll blow all my money on records. Tons of great CDs, records, and DVDs. They'll special order things for you too and are great about answering any questions you might have.

slayerrr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm 

MsGoretasticZeusy wrote:
None In Fuckin Miami, Florida

We only got the fuckin Hot Topic/Spencer's

none? are you serious? im moving there... :( *suicide*

Gorezilla14
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:30 pm 

mntwinsfan wrote:
Anything in or around the Twin Cities, Minnesota?

Extreme Noise in Uptown MPLS has a some metal but is mostly Punk/Harcore. Your best bet would be to head to Earwax Records in Madison. It's well worth the trip. Just plan on a spending a couple hours there. They have a great selection!

LeetMetalhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 pm 

redagony wrote:
LeetMetalhead wrote:

CD Central on S. Limestone down by UK campus is your best bet. It caters to mostly indy rock, and other genres, but they do have a decent selection of metal.

Hey thanks a lot man, I kept seeing that place as I walked by during college but I never actually went in, I'll check it out soon :)

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm 

So how's about anything near Towson, MD? There's a Record and Tape Traders down the street that has a fairly good metal selection, but I'd love to know about an all-out metal shop.

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm 

Edit: poop, double posted like a ten thumbed retard

jaxonferz0
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm 

I live in a very useless place called Vancouver, Washington (not D.C.)
is there any place here I can go? I wouldn't even mind driving to Portland Oregon.
I hear music millenium might be good but not positive. Thanks in advanced

metalistkrieg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 am 

If you're ever in Hawaii (Oahu to be exact) the only place that I know of with a decent metal selection is Jelly's. They have some pretty cool stuff and cheap too. Fuck I miss Tower Records. I used to kill that store and Jelly's back in the day.

MorphY
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am 

Hi. I'm searching for metal shops in Italy, Florence, Verona, Padova, Venice? I remember there was one shop in Florence in some underground passage, but I can't remember where it was! I was there two years ago, but I forgot........ Can somebody help me? :/

PHANTOM_NORTH
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm 

Does anyone know if there are metal shops in Las Vegas??

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm 

EDIT: revamped this list, hopefully its a good list of the best Denver area shops.

Twist & Shout - on Colfax near Josephine, excellent selection of records and CDs, enough so that I'm in there just about every week. They also have some cool shirts and extra stuff in there from time to time.

Wax Trax - on 13th and Washington, very good selection of records and CDs. I've also managed to score some cool tapes there as well, highly recommended.

Angelo's - there is one in Aurora and one in Littleton, I don't visit them quite as much as the aforementioned ones but I usually end up walking out with a CD or two.

Second Spin - on Colorado and Florida, the one downside to this place is that they don't have a separate metal section which can make browsing a bit tedious. That being said, I'm always pleasantly surprised with what I find there.

Black & Read - on Wadsworth and 80th, its a bit out of the way but well worth going up there every once and a while. Amazing collection of vinyl, and some other cool stuff like shirts too. Slightly lacking in the CD department though.

Last edited by MortalScum on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 am 

anything in canterbury, england? just started uni there, would be cool to see whats what

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:15 pm 

what about in Reno, NV?

Apathys_Requiem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 am 

Are there any good shops in Tacoma Washington?

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:27 pm 

Salzburg

Syko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:03 pm 

Joliet, Il. Hell, anywhere in Will county, Il. would work

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:27 am 

Like, OMG!!!
But seriously, my eardrums ar pretty much blown after the Melvins. Two drummers bashing away all night(not to mention how great they are.)
They were mic'd up so good, Its like Buzz was talking directly to me! than he was, he's such a funny/cool guy. He was also shredding tonight.

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:29 am 

fuck, wrong thread. someone please fix that?

the_antipope
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:53 pm 

For everyone in New Hampshire, I've found two decent places in my area.

Bullmoose in Portsmouth has a rather large metal section that occasionally will stock some really great finds. They cater heavily to the deathcore crowd, but they will also have plenty of black, grind, and death.

Earwax in the meth capital of Seabrook also used to be a great spot for underground metal (even t-shirts!). I haven't been there in a few years though, and he was drifting towards focusing more on Juggalo related crap (ugh) my last few visits.

PeaceSells118
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:41 am 

Anywhere in south-west Michigan would be great.

DethCubeK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 am 

I'm looking for a metal store in Amsterdam. Or a music store with a good metal section. Or a good music store. :P

Thanks in advance. ^^

~Guest 190475
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 am 

Anyone need to know metalshops in Finland?

Thrasher4life
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:52 am 

Bristol UK or nearby anyone?

IMANU
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:12 am 

anyone knows a good store in the Dutch/Belgian Brabant region?

i'm dying for new records D:

deadhead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:02 pm 

Maybe someone from Romania know the stores in Bucharest? We're going to Saturnus/Ocotber tide/Forgotten tomb show and I want to buy some local stuff

Thanks

Nordalys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:26 am 

A shot in the dark here, but... any in Las Vegas?
I moved to Las Vegas from Phoenix, AZ.
I got spoiled in Phoenix by having and amazing metal store called Metal Devastation (with 2 locations, thank you very much :P)

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 pm 

Found a decent shop in Santa Barbara, California called Just Play Music. It's on State street (if you're from the area you'll know where that is).

Their metal section isn't that large, and it's pretty expensive, but they've got a lot of used stuff that sometimes holds some rare gems. All of their used CDs go for about $9 each, and considering what I've found there, that's a steal. Definitely worth checking out if you're ever in town.

nosliw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:38 pm 

jacobcampbell123 wrote:
anything in Ottawa, Canada?

Vertigo Records has a dedicated metal CD and vinyl record section, mixed between old and brand new releases.

Birdman Sound has plenty of stoner/doom metal on vinyl records only. Very few CD's.

Turning Point has a small metal CD section but their hair metal vinyl record selection is somewhere amongst a massive sea of rock/pop section upstairs.

~Guest 224386
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:47 pm 

Any good stores around the Tri-Cities, Washington area?

LordOrvik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm 

Found a pretty cool store for band shirts, cuffs, etc. in DownTown Toronto, in case any of my Canadian co-horts are looking. It's called La Richie, just down the street from Steve's Music, and not far from Osgoode subway station. They have Burzum shirts!!

martin_buis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm 

Is there a metal shop anywhere around Charlotte, NC

fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 am 

notdeadyet wrote:
Tried a while ago for Chattanooga, TN. Trying again.

There's an okay one up here in Cleveland, can't remember the name though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 35  Next