* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FrigidGround
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Any good stores around Muncie, Indiana?

Or anything in the general Northeast Indiana area? I live in Ft. Wayne, which is where the Dark Horizon Records webstore is run from, but I would really like to have a physical shop to visit. Any help would be much appreciated.

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:55 pm 

I keep hearing about all these great used record/CD stores in downtown Toronto. Anyone got some suggestions? I'm looking for pretty much any metal genre besides most black metal.
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Attitude
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:51 am 

Anybody know of any good shops in London, England? I know of HMV in Oxford Street. I used to pick up some CD's in Metal Heads which was in Camden, I believe that has closed now. Metal Heads used to sell a lot of leather jackets with artwork on the back, T-Shirts.. etc.

We're heading into London next week for a gig so I'd probably pick up a few CDs while I'm there.

homeskillet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
I live in Kildare, near Dublin. Does anyone from Ireland know of anywhere that has a decent metal selection? So far I only know of Tower Records, HMV and Sound Cellar, which is the order of how useful they are.

Only place I know of is Grotten Emporium up in Belfast, it's out the back of the shopping centre Castle Court, dunno if that's of any use to you

Reborn_Satanist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Reborn_Satanist wrote:
Anyone know of any shops in North Yorkshire, UK? I'm not sure if Hellraiser in Leeds is still open, but the York one was better (the Leeds one sold GREEN DAY, for Christ's sake!).

Yeah, sadly, the York one's closed its doors. It had a couple of years back, I really miss that place. :(

Hellraiser in Leeds? I think it's a punk and metal shop - so that could explain the selling of Green Day (in the same way a metal shop might sell Nightwish, ha). Sadly, the York shop was the furthest North you'd find any devoted metal shop in the UK. That's right, not just England the whole of our provinces, too. :cry:

I live in York - I used to spend hours every Saturday just browsing, the owner didn't seem to mind. I only ever bought stuff that was £1-3 though. Then it became The Abyss, and the selection got smaller. I got up early on the last day it was open just so I could spend more time there.

FenrirFangs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 pm 

MarkLikesMetal wrote:
Can anyone recommend any good metal stores in the Pittsburgh area?

I know a few.

Downtown, there's Eide's. It has a pretty great selection, but is a bit pricey.

The Exchange in Squirrel Hill has a pretty nice metal section, and 3/4 of their cd's are under $10.

Though I've never been in there, Wicked Discs in Oakland I hear is nice. It's right by my school, but I never took the time to stop in there.

Sifor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am 

San Francisco has a great hole in the wall record store called Shaxul Records. Great selection with some pretty obscure stuff. It's on Haight Street across from Amoeba Records.

http://www.shaxulrecords.com/

whiplash50
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 pm 

Orthar wrote:
Any Metal-shops in Northern Virginia?

There's cd cellar in falls church, but their selection fucking sucks anymore, nothing but tons of pointless new-age bullshit and well known bands. But, once in a blue moon you can find something cool or rare in there, much more often a number of years ago of course though.

There's also Record and tape exchange in fairfax, pretty much the same deal as cd cellar but in recent years they have been becoming more educated about their stock, so if something is rare, you'll have to pay $15 or so for it. Some vinyl in there too but nothing too crazy.

Orpheus records in Arlington closed down not long ago, and backdoor records in woodbridge is gone too from what I heard. Other than that, northern VA sucks for metal.

Anti_Paradise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 pm 

Does anyone know anywhere in Reading, UK? I know there's that place in Harris Arcade, but that's mostly goth stuff.

Hemispheres
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm 

If anyone's curious about San Diego...'Blue Meanie Records' is dead. So all you have is Lou's Records in Encinitas and Inner World in Oceanside. Lou's specializes in getting underground metal as well as anything from any other genre. They have collectable stuff, a huge vinyl section, tons of movies including rare foreign ones. If you order a CD from them at least a couple days before Friday (which is the only day their orders come in) you'll get it Friday. I remember a couple weeks ago, I was there Wednesday night...I ordered Cobalt Gin and got it in 2 days later.

Cyconik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:26 pm 

I'm also wondering about Toronto...

Silencia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am 

Vancouver, Canada

Scrape Records, by the corner of Maine Street and East Broadway
Rock Shop on Granville

Necrogyaru
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 pm 

FrigidGround wrote:
Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Any good stores around Muncie, Indiana?

Or anything in the general Northeast Indiana area? I live in Ft. Wayne, which is where the Dark Horizon Records webstore is run from, but I would really like to have a physical shop to visit. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think there's one in Indianapolis..I wonder if its all on line now..
http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/

AndySlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:04 pm 

Any shops in Barcelona, Spain?

Jormungandr_Sorvali
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm 

anything near Providence, Rhode Island or Seekonk, Massachusetts?

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:06 pm 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
I live in Kildare, near Dublin. Does anyone from Ireland know of anywhere that has a decent metal selection? So far I only know of Tower Records, HMV and Sound Cellar, which is the order of how useful they are.

Yeah, check out Sentinal Records in Templebar. It's a dedicated metal shop, so although it's small, it's pretty much guaranteed to be superior to those three (although I do quite like Sound Cellar, I have to say).

Saethiaal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:59 pm 

Anything in the North Queensland area? I live in townsville specifically but anything near there would be nice to find out about.

SPna15
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 pm 

I too would like to know if there are any places within the Minnesota Twin Cities area.

Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm 

Jormungandr_Sorvali wrote:

Armageddon Shop is in Rhode Island. It's pretty good.

Electrocutioner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:50 pm 

HumanWaste5150 wrote:
I keep hearing about all these great used record/CD stores in downtown Toronto. Anyone got some suggestions? I'm looking for pretty much any metal genre besides most black metal.

Hits and Misses which is a block east of Ossington on Bloor street has probably the best selection of metal in the city. http://hitsandmisses416.blogspot.com/

AuldAnxiety
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 pm 

Michigan:

Vertigo Records (Grand Rapids) and Flat Black & Circular (Lansing) both have amazing metal sections. It's usually pretty easy to find the latest underground metal releases.

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:56 pm 

Cape Town, South Africa

Argonauth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 pm 

wow, none in Minneapolis a/k/a Twin Cities??

metalfreak_1994
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:14 pm 

Anyone know of any metal shops in Sacramento, CA? The only one I have is the Dimple Records, and their metal section is small.

Last edited by metalfreak_1994 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nameless_Rites
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:32 pm 

iAm wrote:
At the end of the month I'll be moving to Seattle, Washington specifically in South Park. I'll also be spending a lot of time in Sequim, which is in the North Eastern part of the state. I'll be interested in any record stores, in either of these areas or in downtown Seattle. Thanks.

I know of Easy Street in Alki already which has a pretty decent Metal selection.

LOL have fun living in South Park... most ghetto neighborhood in Seattle. Zions Gate, at 1100 East Pike Street, is Seattle's best metal specialty store. It's a dual metal/reggae specialty store but they have a large, handpicked selection of metal, especially death/black/doom and such. Lots of vinyl, shirts, etc. I think they sell turntables and vinyl equipment too. The people that work there look to be halfway between metalheads and rastas but are actually quite friendly and helpful. Lots of other stores, especially the Everyday Music on University Ave have good metal selections, but Zions Gate is the only store in the city that's predominantly metal-oriented.

Okkultor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 pm 

mntwinsfan wrote:
Anything in or around the Twin Cities, Minnesota?

I live around there as well, and all I know of is Cheapo records on Snelling and a punk record store that sells little to no Metal on Lake street in Minneapolis called Extreme Noise Records.

Maulgraun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:11 pm 

Anything in South Dakota?

kiske_of_deth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 am 

Anything in Adelaide South Australia? It'd be nice to buy a few LP's and support a shop, rather than over the net.

Whoregrind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 am 

alot of metalheads from new england on this thread... your best bet is newbury comics... it has a huge variety of EVERYTHING

Jormungandr_Sorvali
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:14 pm 

Biedrik wrote:
Jormungandr_Sorvali wrote:

Armageddon Shop is in Rhode Island. It's pretty good.

Thank you, sir.

Animicantus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:53 pm 

Anything in Philadelphia or an outlying suburb (Overbrook, Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, etc.)

ROBL250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:15 pm 

Theres plenty of "Alternative" places in and around Manchester with the Occult bookshop down Oldham St, Afflecks Palace (as crap as it is) in the centre of town, aswell as The Purple Shop for all the Wicca types in Buxton.
Tune-In was a great place to go in Buxton for anyone in Derbyshire/Manchester who wanted Metal Vinyls or CDs. The only problem was it wasnt well advertised so it suffered financially as a result, the shop closed 2 years ago but the market for a Metal shop anywhere in the Derbyshire/Manchester area is still Viable and Open for any takers.
Until then were just stuck with HMV, Virgin or Cash Converter-type stores.

metalcoresux
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am 

i live in nassau bahamas and i only know of like 10 ppl who listen to metal here. So if someone knows a store that'd be great

Okkultor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:27 am 

Okkultor wrote:
mntwinsfan wrote:

I live around there as well, and all I know of is Cheapo records on Snelling and a punk record store that sells little to no Metal on Lake street in Minneapolis called Extreme Noise Records.

You know what, nevermind. I just went to Cheapo last night, word of advice: Don't waste your time with them... That is unless you have $20 to spend on a CD and over $25 to spend on an LP. Even used CD's are around $14. They rip you off, quite badly. Plus, the selection is shit, one little aisle of Metal, definitely not worth burning up any gas you have in your vehicle. Extreme Noise in Minneapolis, on the other hand, I do recommend!

TMFSG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:19 am 

Anybody know of some stores in south florida, specifically around martin, palm beach, and st. lucie counties?

also san diego, around ocean beach

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:46 pm 

Saethiaal wrote:
Anything in the North Queensland area? I live in townsville specifically but anything near there would be nice to find out about.

You're basically going to have to go to Brisbane (have fun driving) or order all of your stuff in.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Argonauth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:03 am 

Okkultor wrote:
Okkultor wrote:
mntwinsfan wrote:

You know what, nevermind. I just went to Cheapo last night, word of advice: Don't waste your time with them... That is unless you have $20 to spend on a CD and over $25 to spend on an LP. Even used CD's are around $14. They rip you off, quite badly. Plus, the selection is shit, one little aisle of Metal, definitely not worth burning up any gas you have in your vehicle. Extreme Noise in Minneapolis, on the other hand, I do recommend!

Does Extreme Noise have CD's too? Also I'm guessing since you suggested them, they must have a bigger metal selection then Cheapo?
I sort of figured it was more mostly for underground, or older Punk stuff...

Necrobutchery666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm 

Oddly enough there aren't any metal stores in the Tampa bay area anymore.

Rattle_Head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm 

Hey, does anybody know any shop around blaltimore/westminster maryland?

ngwoo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 am 

I head down south quite often, so I'm wondering what kind of places exist in and around Saskatoon and Regina, Saskatchewan, as well as Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm basically looking for anything either in those three cities, or anywhere else north of them.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next