Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 pm 

If you are interested in finding information about metal music shops in particular cities/towns/areas; this is the place to ask. Do not create a separate thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by ogmetal on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 pm 

Yay, I made a good idea :D

My request is still open for the Murfreesboro/Nashville, TN store.

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 pm 

Anything at all in New Hampshire? Specifically the Concord area?

Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 pm 

Excellent thread idea. Anyways, are there any metal stores around Boston, or one nearby in a neighboring state?

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:17 pm 

Alright, here's info on a couple of shops that sell metal in California. So if someone searches the thread they'll be able to find it.

The Last Record Store - Santa Rosa, Northern California

A decent selection, they buy/sell used albums, and sometimes you can find some fairly rare material.

Cheap Thrills - San Luis Obispo, Central Coast California

Smaller selection then TLRS, with more of an emphasis on mainstream metal. Sometimes you can find a gem hidden in the usual drivel.

The Dungeon - Santa Rosa, Northern California

More of a general merch shop. They've got a nice selection of decently priced shirts and other band merch, especially for the area that it's in.

This thread is destined for great things.

norilor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:24 pm 

Ozenrol wrote:
Alright, here's info on a couple of shops that sell metal in California. So if someone searches the thread they'll be able to find it.

The Last Record Store - Santa Rosa, Northern California

A decent selection, they buy/sell used albums, and sometimes you can find some fairly rare material.

Cheap Thrills - San Luis Obispo, Central Coast California

Smaller selection then TLRS, with more of an emphasis on mainstream metal. Sometimes you can find a gem hidden in the usual drivel.

The Dungeon - Santa Rosa, Northern California

More of a general merch shop. They've got a nice selection of decently priced shirts and other band merch, especially for the area that it's in.

This thread is destined for great things.

There are several Amoeba record stories in California- pretty good selection of metal there.

There is also Aquarius records, which has some of the best inventory of metal bands that I have ever seen!

Aside from those, there is also Dark Realm Records in Downey, which is operated by the guys in Possessed and Sadistic Intent.

Shaxul Records, Rasputin record- the list goes on! I even found a record store in San Luis Obispo that had a great metal section.

EDIT: Maybe the store in San Luis Obispo was cheap thrills, but I remember they had some underground bands like Dead Congregation...

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 pm 

Ozenrol wrote:
Lists a couple metal stores in Santa Rosa

Excellent, I'm gonna have to check these out next time I'm visiting my cousin who lives right by Santa Rosa.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:36 pm 

At the end of the month I'll be moving to Seattle, Washington specifically in South Park. I'll also be spending a lot of time in Sequim, which is in the North Eastern part of the state. I'll be interested in any record stores, in either of these areas or in downtown Seattle. Thanks.

I know of Easy Street in Alki already which has a pretty decent Metal selection.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 pm 

From my last thread, are there any good metal stores in the NYC/Long Island area?

The one I usually go to is Generation Records (I buy shirts, not music there). They have a decent selection, but I can never really find what I want there.

One I used to know that closed down in NYC was Village X, that place had close to everything, a bit pricey but, they had good stuff.

A place near me on Long Island that closed was Slipped Disc, they had a great music selection but, a small t-shirt selection.

Are there any good places in NYC or Long Island for metal shirts? I prefer not to resort to online.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 pm 

From my last thread, are there any good metal stores in the NYC/Long Island area?

The one I usually go to is Generation Records (I buy shirts, not music there). They have a decent selection, but I can never really find what I want there.

One I used to know that closed down in NYC was Village X, that place had close to everything, a bit pricey but, they had good stuff.

A place near me on Long Island that closed was Slipped Disc, they had a great music selection but, a small t-shirt selection.

Are there any good places in NYC or Long Island for metal shirts? I prefer not to resort to online.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 am 

Anyone looking for good metal shops around the L.A area, check Dark Realm Records in Downey. Great selection of CDs and LPs (Even though they only have mayby 15 LPs at any given time) and even a few shirts and jackets. It's run by the guitarists from Possessed and Sadistic Intent, who are cool as fuck and always start a conversation. Really chill guys. Oh, and for every hundred dollars you spend there, you get a free CD or shirt.

Very reccomended.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 am 

Any good record stores near virginia beach?

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 am 

For anyone around Chicago, you should be very familiar with this store. If not, BECOME familiar with it:

http://www.metalhavenchicago.com

The website ain't pretty, but it should give you an idea of the comprehensiveness of this place. I very much recommend visiting the actual store for a better idea of what they've got. My metal collection wouldn't be half as large as it is is without this store.

metalfreak_1994
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 am 

Hi. Does anyone know of any good metal shops around the Sacramento/Citrus Heights area of California? I've tried using Google to find my answer, but I failed. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 am 

iAm wrote:
At the end of the month I'll be moving to Seattle, Washington specifically in South Park. I'll also be spending a lot of time in Sequim, which is in the North Eastern part of the state. I'll be interested in any record stores, in either of these areas or in downtown Seattle. Thanks.

I know of Easy Street in Alki already which has a pretty decent Metal selection.

Ditto, except that I've been living in the area for almost 20 years and still don't have a clue where to shop specifically at a place devoted to metal.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 am 

I need to find a metal shop in Gold Coast, Australia.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 am 

http://www.metaltravelguide.com/mtg/

You don't have to sign up or pay for this one.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 am 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Any good record stores near virginia beach?
The closest (and only) store that I know of that's near you is called Fantasy. It's in Newport News. I used to be on a ship in Norfolk, and I was a regular customer there.

(Funny story. I wore a "Hogwild Records" shirt in there once, and a guy said "Isn't that the metal store in San Antonio, TX?" ...it is).

Their website doesn't have much metal on it, but I assure you, it's definitely worth the trip. Mostly t-shirts and weird shit on the first floor. All the music is upstairs. Here's a link to the site...

http://www.fantasyva.com/

Orthar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:12 am 

Any Metal-shops in Northern Virginia?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:58 am 

Ribos wrote:
For anyone around Chicago, you should be very familiar with this store. If not, BECOME familiar with it:

http://www.metalhavenchicago.com

The website ain't pretty, but it should give you an idea of the comprehensiveness of this place. I very much recommend visiting the actual store for a better idea of what they've got. My metal collection wouldn't be half as large as it is is without this store.

I second, third, and zillionth every word of this post. The place is really awe inspiring. I've only been there twice but both times I cleaned my wallet with easily over a few thousand dollars worth of shit I still wanted just sitting on the shelves. Damn I really wish I didn't hate the city so much, or else I'd practically live there (money permitting of course... I need to hurry up and win the lottery so I can just buy everything there).
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

mirrormorbid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 am 

Chattanooga, TN please.

What in the fuck?

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:42 am 

IdiotFlesh wrote:

In Concord your best bet is probably the FYE at the mall on Loudon road. The pitchfork records place downtown might temp you because it exudes an aura of being independent but there is very little metal there.

Newbury Comics in Manchester probably has a better selection but I haven't been to that particular store. For something more substantial you would probably have to go to the armageddon shop in Providence RI.

If anyone else knows of something better within the radius of Concord NH I would also be interested in hearing it.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 pm 

anyone know of these cities

Pittsburgh, PA
Buffalo, NY
Cleveland, OH- besides ultrasound records.

DoomDoll
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm 

Rochester, NY. HAHAHAHA. Yeah right.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 pm 

Any good stores around Muncie, Indiana?

Reborn_Satanist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:36 pm 

Anyone know of any shops in North Yorkshire, UK? I'm not sure if Hellraiser in Leeds is still open, but the York one was better (the Leeds one sold GREEN DAY, for Christ's sake!).

Behemoth23
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:58 pm 

I'm looking for shops in or around Providence, Rhode Island and Concord, New Hampshire.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 pm 

Reborn_Satanist wrote:
Anyone know of any shops in North Yorkshire, UK? I'm not sure if Hellraiser in Leeds is still open, but the York one was better (the Leeds one sold GREEN DAY, for Christ's sake!).

Yeah, sadly, the York one's closed its doors. It had a couple of years back, I really miss that place. :(

Hellraiser in Leeds? I think it's a punk and metal shop - so that could explain the selling of Green Day (in the same way a metal shop might sell Nightwish, ha). Sadly, the York shop was the furthest North you'd find any devoted metal shop in the UK. That's right, not just England the whole of our provinces, too. :cry:

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:33 pm 

Are there any metal specialty stores in the Washington state Redmond/Sammammish/Issaquah/Bellevue area? I live near Snoqualmie, in the Cascades.

black_blunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:43 pm 

IdiotFlesh wrote:

i live around concord too man. ive been searching but i dont think there is anything around. Pitchfork looked like it had potential but the place is about as useless as the FYE.

so i guess we would have to go to manchester or nashua. Does anybody know places around there? Or boston?

Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm 

Behemoth23 wrote:
I'm looking for shops in or around Providence, Rhode Island and Concord, New Hampshire.

In Providence, you've got the Armageddon Shop, which is pretty good for metal and punk.

demigod93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm 

Any metal stores in Ottawa, Ontario?

MarkLikesMetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm 

Can anyone recommend any good metal stores in the Pittsburgh area?

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:50 pm 

black_blunt wrote:
IdiotFlesh wrote:

i live around concord too man. ive been searching but i dont think there is anything around. Pitchfork looked like it had potential but the place is about as useless as the FYE.

so i guess we would have to go to manchester or nashua. Does anybody know places around there? Or boston?

I was in Pitchfork once and I found absolutely nothing of interest besides expensive turntables.

FYE's alright. I've picked up a few CDs there.

metalinvader
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:51 am 

Krav wrote:
http://www.metaltravelguide.com/mtg/

You don't have to sign up or pay for this one.

Interesting site, and I was pleasantly surprised to even find some listings on Mumbai, India there...but too bad the actual listings werent of any real use. Still, I shall keep this bookmarked for future reference.

Want your band featured? PM me or mail [email protected]
Want to write for Death Metal Invasion? Go here: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=59664

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 am 

In case any of the other Swedish members of the site do visit this sticky, I'd like to see if any of them know of any shops anywhere in Uppland. Preferrably in the vicinity of Uppsala, but really anywhere in Uppland. At all. Thanks.

cyber
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 am 

If someone lives near Porto [Portugal]. You have Metal Militia [Rua Julio Diniz - Galeria Comercial Parque Itália] and Sabruh near El Cort Inglês [Gaia] where you can order stuff if you want..

Acidchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:57 am 

Raleigh, North Carolina?
I know a few decent record stores, Schoolkids, for example, but not really any that have too much metal.

AWESOME BRUTAL DEATH METAL
CHECK IT OUT

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm 

I live in Kildare, near Dublin. Does anyone from Ireland know of anywhere that has a decent metal selection? So far I only know of Tower Records, HMV and Sound Cellar, which is the order of how useful they are.

mntwinsfan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 pm 

Anything in or around the Twin Cities, Minnesota?

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next