Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
James Bester
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm 

Anyone know of a good metal shop in the Metro Atlanta area?

iil888
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:16 am 

Please, do you know a good metal shop in Valencia (Spain) or at least, in Madrid or Barcelona?

Thanks

Occultcannibal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:34 am 

hey dudes! I'm going to be in Saint Louis for the next few weeks and I was hoping one of you guys could recommend me some awesome music stores in the area!

Last edited by Occultcannibal on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirty fuck satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:20 am 

iil888 wrote:
Please, do you know a good metal shop in Valencia (Spain) or at least, in Madrid or Barcelona?

Carrer dels Tallers has many record stores worth visiting, I remember seeing one that had a fair share of metal merch (atleast).

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:20 pm 

Anybody know any good shops in Las Vegas?

EternalWinter_44
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:08 pm 

Anyone know any good metal shops in or near Rochester, NY?

LakeErieWatershed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm 

On the off chance any of you are in the Toledo, Ohio area, try Rama Lama. I don't think I've ever been to a store with that wide of a metal selection. It's mostly CDs, but they have a pretty good vinyl selection too. I got the reissue of The Somberlain by Dissection and Dopesmoker by Sleep (both on vinyl) when I was there a few weeks ago. Also, both of the guys that are usually their know their shit, and have given me some pretty great recommendations.

metal_head3657
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:30 pm 

So I live in New England (CT), and yesterday I discovered Music Outlet in Enfield, CT. It's kind of a haul for me (just a little over an hour), and while it's a relatively small shop, they had a pretty cool selection of metal. The used stuff they had was cheap as hell. I was able to pick up Burzum's Filosofem (really glad I could walk into a shop and buy it; they had every Burzum album, which was cool), Finntroll's Nattfodd, Death's Symbolic (for 10 bucks new; it's always so expensive), Edguy's Mandrake and Cradle of Filth's Midian. The used CDs were 6 bucks. I definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area. Anyway, does anyone have any other places that are good in the New England area? I don't mind driving to Rhode Island or Mass occasionally to shop for some metal.

shamatarigrind666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 pm 

EternalWinter_44 wrote:
Anyone know any good metal shops in or near Rochester, NY?

Heavy Metal Records - 75 West Main St Webster
Record Archive has a good metal selection
House of Guitars - 645 Titus Ave, huge music store

mike584
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:47 am 

There's a record shop in Middletown, NY (Orange County) called Rock Fantasy. I found out about it when I met the owner by chance in Philly - no I don't live in Philly and he was there to see Black Sabbath. I went there a few months back and this guy has a lot of shit. He has shirts, all the CDs are behind the register, he's got patches, posters AND a room with all pinball machines. He's actually been there since 1989, I think, and he's also had multiple bands come in for autograph signings.

mobmanbg01
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 am 

The used stuff they had was cheap as hell. I was able to pick up Burzum's Filosofem (really glad I could walk into a shop and buy it; they had every Burzum album, which was cool), Finntroll's Nattfodd, Death's Symbolic (for 10 bucks new; it's always so expensive), Edguy's Mandrake and Cradle of Filth's Midian.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:46 pm 

One that I'm sad for not knowing about for years is in my hometown of Salem, Massachusetts: The Record Exchange. Awesome rare vinyl of metal bands, and a separate metal cd section where I've seen things like some Disma, Mithras, Damnation, Dismember, Omen, just countless things I'd never expect to see in a retail location and albums that are held in high regard. Every couple of months I'll go in and pick out some choice classic I never had the chance to get before or even pick up something more obscure. Whoever they are getting their stuff from has great taste overall.

In New England generally Newbury Comics spot are pretty damn good for bigger metal releases, I've probably mentioned it before. Bull Moose in New Hampshire and Maine is pretty decent too. Also in New Hampshire is Bill's Music in Manchester, ridiculously low prices, and super cool stuff - got some Celtic Frost tapes there, saw some cool Samael Vinyl etc. not as much in the cd department for metal but absolutely worth checking out.

Anyone else have any suggestions for the New England area?

~Guest 333020
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:12 am 

Does anybody know metal shops in Satu Mare, Romania?

Cold Crashing Waves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:23 am 

Generation Records. Greenwich Village, NYC.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/generation-records-new-york

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm 

Cold Crashing Waves wrote:

This place has always been really, really expensive, to the point where it's literally cheaper to buy single used items online with shipping, and they also seem to not check the quality of used items and sell damaged stuff. Haven't been there in years but I've heard a lot of negative remarks about the place.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm 

This place has always been really, really expensive, to the point where it's literally cheaper to buy single used items online with shipping, and they also seem to not check the quality of used items and sell damaged stuff. Haven't been there in years but I've heard a lot of negative remarks about the place.

Cold Crashing Waves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:46 am 

Some of the brand new albums can be overpriced. Otherwise, I've never had any problems with them. Awesome selection of punk/hardcore/metal.

gnarlbro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:47 pm 

its a longshot but anyone find anything good in Reno Nevada? Or possibly south lake Tahoe?

Intraum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm 

LakeErieWatershed wrote:
On the off chance any of you are in the Toledo, Ohio area, try Rama Lama. I don't think I've ever been to a store with that wide of a metal selection. It's mostly CDs, but they have a pretty good vinyl selection too. I got the reissue of The Somberlain by Dissection and Dopesmoker by Sleep (both on vinyl) when I was there a few weeks ago. Also, both of the guys that are usually their know their shit, and have given me some pretty great recommendations.

I second the Rama Lama recommendation. Allied Record Exchange also has a very small but decent collection of vinyl. They had a copy of Filosofem and Live in Leipzig the last time I was there. Finders in Bowling Green is also good if you don't mind the drive. I picked up some Black Flag, Judas Priest and most of the 80's era Slayer albums from there a few years ago.

anindaukash
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:09 am 

Swampavenger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 am 

Hi,

I currently live in Indonesia for awhile, and if you ever wanted to visit here in Jakarta there is quite handful metal shop like lawless, Deep rock, etc. but i'll recommend the latest one. They're small shop but the owner is very friendly have a great knowledge. They're located on Blok M square, south Jakarta.

Cruxisfall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 pm 

Anything around Bremerton, Washington? F.Y.E. just doesn't cut it for metal selection and their manager is a dick.

bozdurmakcom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 am 

CommunistBrony wrote:
I live in Negresti Oas, Satu Mare, Romania. Most of the music in my local stores are garbage and not metal, which most of it are Manele (Gypsy music) Folk music and for adults mainly Hip Hop/Rap so if there are any local stores in my location for metal music, i'd like to hear it. and if it's not here then i should go to main city of Satu Mare.

P.S I have to use USB to listen to metal because it's difficult to burn a CD and i get an error on someone's car.

There are many nice shops london metal shop.

Kommandojonna
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:09 pm 

Any good metal shops or record stores in general in Prague?

Mojo Bundy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 am 

Some of the brand new albums can be overpriced. Otherwise, I've never had any problems with them. Awesome selection of punk/hardcore/metal.

Agreed. I've seen Generation take a lot of shit, but I've gone there for years. Very few problems with scratches but they've always taken care of it for me. Sometimes the used selection gets stale, which I'm sure they don't ever want to be, but other times, there's more than you can get all at once. They may not have much competition anymore but Generation is definitely one of the flag bearers for NYC record stores, and the best spot for metal. Music Matters in Park Slope has a very good selection of classic and newer stuff at slightly better than GR's new prices, but very little used. On any given day, you might find a great haul of used metal at Academy, almost surely at better prices than GR, but you also may not. If you are in NYC and want to find a cool metal/punk/hc cd, vinyl, tshirt or dvd, Generation is the place to go. Period.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:56 am 

Weihai, China

fjordsick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:06 am 

is there any metalshop in Xi'an?

Anonymous metal dude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 pm 

I live in Virginia and its kind of a stale scene in my town. Are there any shops located in maybe the Richmond area or just somewhere in Loudoun. I know municipal waste is from Richmond so there's gotta be some stuff around there right?

banishedtolive420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:29 am 

Went to vacation vinyl recently in Los Angeles CA. Got some great tapes there

disposableangel1986
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:32 pm 

Stafford County Virginia

witchbitch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:57 pm 

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but in Portland, Oregon we have Second Avenue Records that has an excellent metal section and Blackwater Records where Parasitic updates the store. They both carry merch. Honorable mention to "Another State of Mind" which is a punk shop but they carry some metal merch too.

Bronan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 pm 

Anonymous metal dude wrote:
I live in Virginia and its kind of a stale scene in my town. Are there any shops located in maybe the Richmond area or just somewhere in Loudoun. I know municipal waste is from Richmond so there's gotta be some stuff around there right?

Vinyl Conflict in Richmond sells most punk but some crossover. Barely any metal.

Lost Apparitions in Luray sells metal but I don't know if it's a physical store or if they only distribute online

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm 

This has been brought up quite a few times, but I want to re-up them...

Seattle, WA
Silver Platters

Their Seattle Center location moved down to a warehouse in the SoDo district, just North of Horton on First Avenue. Its nearly impossible to browse there since the rock/pop/metal is all jumbled into one section, and a lot of the "obscure" bands they have only one album of are usually plopped into a "Misc A", "Misc B" and so on. Its a mess, but they do have some really great stuff if you get lucky!

My favorite locations would be the one at Northgate, and the one in Bellevue. Both have their own "Metal" sections, and over the last few years have gotten a grand amount of used stuff outside of the basic Nevermore, Morbid Angel, Darkthrone, blah blah. I've gotten lucky and found some used albums there by Windir, Body Count (S/T WITH Cop Killer on it), and many many more that I just cannot name at the moment, and all for a reasonable price!

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:35 pm 

Anyone in northern New England should absolutely check out Wicked Music in Keene, NH. Underground metal, hardrock, punk etc... though mostly metal.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 pm 

I am looking for a metal venue in Göttingen, Germany. I'd appreciate private messages since I don't want to check this thread every five minutes, and it's important.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

triciadellgrime
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:49 am 

I'm looking for one in the tampa bay area

suprema_occultus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:42 am 

Any place near Willow Grove, PA that won't make me go into Philly? Worst comes to worst, I will go to Philly to find a decent record shop, but I can't always make it down there.

despair14
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:18 am 

I want to find a metal shop in Detroit Michigan and vicinity

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:50 pm 

Sfmetal wrote:
Any metal shops in San Francisco that I don't know about

Bumping this guys post.
Somewhat of a new resident here and am only familiar with Amoeba Records.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:20 pm 

Dooders wrote:
Sfmetal wrote:
Any metal shops in San Francisco that I don't know about

Bumping this guys post.
Somewhat of a new resident here and am only familiar with Amoeba Records.

All I know is Rasputin. Here is the locations section of their website: http://www.rasputinmusic.com/?page_id=383 There are two locations listed for San Francisco, one under the heading of Haight. I've never been to either of these locations, but I've been to the location in Fresno a lot, and it's pretty decent. Though not as good as the Amoeba in Hollywood (though again, I don't know about the Amoeba in SF).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 35  Next