Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metalinvader
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 am 

Wow, this is a surprise...didnt expect Relapse to pick up Nirvana 2002 stuff...but I'm glad they did! Disembodied Spirits was fucking awesome.

Want your band featured? PM me or mail [email protected]
Want to write for Death Metal Invasion? Go here: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=59664

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm 

Nirvana 2002: :headbang:

About the Crematory comp, the second press is fine. The first press really does suck (I bought both), or at least parts of it do. "Denial" itself is fine (though it sounds a little better and more bottom-heavy on the 2nd press); but a lot of the demo material is really hissy, lacking in low end, and just poor in general. There's a noticeable difference between that and the 2nd press, as well as the mp3s that were in circulation before this comp came out. GoldenBull - I don't know how you can be satisfied with the sound of that first version. If I wasn't so lazy I'd put some comparisons up on YouTube or something, because it's REALLY obvious.

About the Interment comp, Necroharmonic is a pretty slow label so it may be a while yet, but the band says it's basically ready to go. Maybe early next year. Necroharmonic is also doing a split release of Exhumed and Mastication, which all fans of the old Swedish death metal bands ought to check for. Who knows when though, that may be early 2011 for all I know.

About Utumno, good ol' Vic Records should put that out in 2015. Damn that label annoys me. Dark Symphonies/The Crypt already did a great job on the mastering so all Vic should have to do is put the art together and send it to press, but no... well I picked up the LP anyway, and I own the original CD and 7 inch, so what do I care. :D

Dark Descent Records

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm 

Uncolored wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
Was it Abhoth?

I hope their demos get the same treatment.

I talked about that with jonas stalhammer at the rifs fest and this is going to happen

That would make me a very happy man. "Forever to be Banished Therein" is an amazing demo. Another band that really should have been able to record an LP in their time.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:17 pm 

Abhoth is great. They get overlooked a lot.

Dark Descent Records

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm 

dalecooper wrote:
Abhoth is great. They get overlooked a lot.

I only know of them because a friend of a friend said that "Darkness Greets" was one of his favourite death metal songs of all time, and hearing the name made me realise they were inspired by Clark Ashton Smith, so I had to go searching for them on the internet. Their first demo (think it's the first, anyway) is made up of short blasting songs without much distinction, but oh man did they ever get good after that.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2