Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
balkonas
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 am 

I dont know why but everytime i listen to metal i tap my foot like hell

metalcoresux
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 am 

balkonas wrote:
I dont know why but everytime i listen to metal i tap my foot like hell
thats it tap ur foot XD not very metal if u ask me :evil:

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 pm 

iAm wrote:
I've caught myself ferociously headbanging on the bus upon multiple occasions.

I just nod a little faster than normal on the bus and sing a bit, but not too loud. I also tend to think I'm John Arch singing to millions in a huge concert until I come to senses and realize everyone is looking weird at me.

"The dead of night parts the sky, the Salem witch
Hunting eyes, Malifica spells..."

Miniferret
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm 

Hyperactive air drumming and headbanging. Also, compulsive Ben Falgoust "OOWAH" sing alongs when listening to Goatwhore.

almightyjoey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm 

I don't know if anybody's listened to Ganbou-Ki by Boris from their Amplifier Worship album, but if you have, you'll know the song transforms into a tribal-esque rhythm section in the middle, with oscillating bass and awesome drum fills reminiscent of bongos. Anyway, I was listening to that on the bus one time, and I have never, ever wanted to get up and dance as much as I have then. I compromised by patting my knees, pretending they were bongos.

Rottifer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:07 pm 

Crazy headbanging, shredding air guitar and drums... All the usual stuff. Speeding in the car is also a burden i carry, whenever I've brought some Nile or Vital Remains for the ride. Try staying within the speed limit with "Hammer Down the Nails" pounding out your speakers.

Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:20 pm 

At times when there is a shit music video on TV, I'll mute it and put some metal on. Usually doesn't sync well but I'll air guitar on the remote control and laugh at Madonna being all evil and covering Gospel Of The Horns.

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:49 pm 

Milo wrote:
iAm wrote:
I've caught myself ferociously headbanging on the bus upon multiple occasions.

I just nod a little faster than normal on the bus and sing a bit, but not too loud. I also tend to think I'm John Arch singing to millions in a huge concert until I come to senses and realize everyone is looking weird at me.

"The dead of night parts the sky, the Salem witch
Hunting eyes, Malifica spells..."
I've taken walks at night through my neighbourhood wailing the lyrics to Valley of the Dolls or Fata Morgana. John Arch's voice never fails to get me singing along.

I've noticed recently that when I listen to Symphony X I subconciously plant a shit-eating grin on my face whenever there's a guitar solo or an especially cool vocal thing happening. I get the same way, I imagine the band in front of a crowd of millions just rocking out and it totally has an effect on me.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:10 pm 

air drum, tap the foot a little bit, throw chairs. the usual reactions.

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am 

I have the usual reactions of headbanging, and if i'm in my room, thrashing around. Possessed has caused me to punch holes in my wall

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 am 

DaphneJerkedMyMuffin wrote:
I blast your mom in the face with jizz

Beautiful.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 am 

Well, today, while driving, I heard some intense death/grind emnating from a nearby truck, and was pleased to see steering wheel blastbeats, a growl-face and some melon clutching. Flashed the horns in salute :D

Edit: I have become proficent at lead-pencil gravity blasts recently too :)

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 am 

Even when using ear phones, I'll lip sync(and sometimes even growl along!) or headbang whenever I damn please... on the bus, at the bus stop, in school, at home... I also tap my foot, constantly, at high speed. I mean, even at slow music it usually starts moving on its own at like 200bpm!

Can't blame me. It's hard not getting caught up in metal.

SoulCancer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:15 am 

TooHuman wrote:
I start ferociously nodding and drumming on random surfaces. If I'm driving, I exceed the speed limit...

And...

caspian wrote:
generally this happens most when i'm driving. Generally I headbang and pound the shit out of my steering wheel with my fist, and sing along extremely loudly. Doesn't bother me if anyone sees, really.

And...

Rottifer wrote:
Crazy headbanging, shredding air guitar and drums... All the usual stuff. Speeding in the car is also a burden i carry, whenever I've brought some Nile or Vital Remains for the ride. Try staying within the speed limit with "Hammer Down the Nails" pounding out your speakers.

Fucking awesome... I thought I was the only person who did this (i.e. headbanging, drumming on the steering wheel, using the left side of my steering wheel as an over-glorified fret board, doing blastbeats at red lights, singing / growling / shrieking vocals, etc). I no longer feel like the only person on the face of this planet that does that. Thanks! My day was made much better by those posts! :headbang:

OlioTheSmall wrote:
Depends on where I am. If I'm in public, it's subtle things like tapping my foot or finger, whereas if I'm driving or am at home I sing along, generally quite loudly. And if I'm alone (or drunk) and a song is particularly kick arse, I do things like head bang and air guitar/drum.

For some reason, the "drunk" part reminded me of something: I have a fairly low voice, and could never pull off King Diamond falsettos while sober. However, when I'm drunk, I've been informed by a couple of friends that, when singing along to King Diamond / Mercyful Fate, I sound like I have my balls in a robot vice-grip. I have no idea why this occurs.

Acidgobblin wrote:
Well, today, while driving, I heard some intense death/grind emnating from a nearby truck, and was pleased to see steering wheel blastbeats, a growl-face and some melon clutching. Flashed the horns in salute :D

Edit: I have become proficent at lead-pencil gravity blasts recently too :)

I can't say that I've ever seen anyone else actively doing the same thing as me when I'm in my car, but I think my reaction would be the same (horns fucking UP)! However, I was listening to Covenant when I was in my early 20's, and saw a traffic police officer give me the horns. Now that I think about it, it was a cross between complete awesome with a dash of creepy tossed in. You gotta realize, the guy had a moustache.

almightyjoey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:17 am 

Actually, I just remembered the time when I went for a jog whilst listening to Reverend Bizarre's "In The Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend". I was running full-speed for ten minutes, and I was getting beyond tired. The music was slowing down (even more than usual), and I was just losing the will. Then, all of a sudden, the music speeds up with a NWOBHM-esque riff. The chugging bass, the pounding drums, and then that final epic verse kicks in. I didn't care if anybody heard or saw me, but, completely in the moment, I just shouted out along with the music- "We ride, like a patrol of ange-ee-eels!" Luckily, I don't think anybody did see me.

Affliction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 am 

I make a knob of myself, I do stupid stances and arm movements (kind of like choreography for the mentally challenged) and mime the vocals.

The best song for this is Urfaust's Drudenfuss.

JackRog1104
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:09 pm 

Foot tapping, nodding, and LOTS of bad singing along. I really can't help singing along, but sometimes my crappiness gets on people's nerves and I'm reduced to just lip syncing.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 am 

Air Guitar and Air Bass... all the day and night. And yea, headbanging all the day :headbang:

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 am 

Affliction wrote:
I make a knob of myself, I do stupid stances and arm movements (kind of like choreography for the mentally challenged) and mime the vocals.

The best song for this is Urfaust's Drudenfuss.

Hell yes, you can't help but sing along to that.

LAI LAI DA DA DAI DA DA LAI DAI DAI DAI DA DA

zuke2323
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:57 am 

The other day I was listening to Vreid while playing Risk on my computer. The song Alarm came on (it's about Germany entering Norway during WWII and the general destruction of Europe during that time period). I started to get REALLY into the game and was like yelling at my miniature army men, getting real intense and shit. I ended up winning while that song was on, and really felt like I had taken over the world. I was singing (screaming) right along to the song and generally feeling all-powerful. It was pretty damn cool.

/End nerd rant.

MrAran
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 am 

Sometimes when the right metal is playing, I feel enough drive to start headbanging into walls, but I have enough courtesy to keep myself from making a crack (on the wall or on my forehead).

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 am 

Hardcore dance obviously, but in all seriousness I do some pretty intense air drumming and growing and headbanging :), used to scare the shit out of my roommate but he's used to it now.

Last.fm

Lord_Lexy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:37 am 

SpyreWorks wrote:
I find that no matter where I am, when the bit in "Serpentine Offering" (Dimmu Borgir) after he growls like "GROGH" starts playing, the guitar is so bloody powerful I can't help but smash my feet and :headbang:

That's an epic song that makes me go me(n)tal! :np:

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:09 pm 

I airdrum like a maniac even though I don't play drums very well, to the extent of waing my arms up and down like I'm beating a big tribal drum summoning King Kong.

scourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:36 pm 

Once during the mindfuckingly awesome drum solo in Serpent Obscene's Torture Slave I began air drumming like a fucking maniac... and my bicep cramps and turns into a fucking BALL and wouldn't loosen for like 20 seconds. I had to really clench my jaw not to scream aloud at 3 AM.

MuffinMan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:21 pm 

Mostly walking air guitar and drums while I headbang. Most people has gave me strange looks, but hell... How can you say NO to Both Thrower?

Xim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm 

Mostly, I just tap my foot and nod my head. But if I'm in the mood I'll air guitar, headbang, air drum, air bass, air mic and sing along (or just mouth the words if I'm feeling lazy, which has become increasingly more often sadly). I like to sing though, singing high is surprisingly fun to do as well.

Sometimes when I get REALLY into it, I'll run and jump around while doing the things mentioned above, perhaps more exaggerated. I'll also visualize a live performance or a music video of the song, with me performing.

When I'm walking and listening to music, and the music I'm listening to really gets me going, there is a noticeably increase in my walking speed, and I'll sometimes get a smirk on my face and I'll mouth the occasional lyrics if nobody is looking. Sometimes I'll just feel the need to run because of the music to.

SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:19 pm 

Thank fuck I'm not the only one who goes apeshit while listening to metal XD

The other day when I was done headbanging/airguitaring/singingalong/jumpingaround to Head Crusher I felt the need to smash into things so I tackled my little brother and threw myself at the walls while making pathetic growling noises. I thought it was pretty fun :)

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:24 pm 

Xim wrote:
Mostly, I just tap my foot and nod my head. But if I'm in the mood I'll air guitar, headbang, air drum, air bass, air mic and sing along (or just mouth the words if I'm feeling lazy, which has become increasingly more often sadly). I like to sing though, singing high is surprisingly fun to do as well.

Sometimes when I get REALLY into it, I'll run and jump around while doing the things mentioned above, perhaps more exaggerated. I'll also visualize a live performance or a music video of the song, with me performing.

When I'm walking and listening to music, and the music I'm listening to really gets me going, there is a noticeably increase in my walking speed, and I'll sometimes get a smirk on my face and I'll mouth the occasional lyrics if nobody is looking. Sometimes I'll just feel the need to run because of the music to.
Holy shit, this sounds exactly like me. Every detail. The visualizing thing... Man that's probably the thing that feels best when I listen ot metal that I really enjoy. Wicked.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 pm 

I am pertty sure that melon/grapefruit clenchng is a universal condition induced by metal.

At least, the final part of "Inno A Satana" has me clenching something, though I feel its more lke crushing the skull of god then anythng. :D The final shriek after "Thou shalt forever prevail" over the chanting makes me go utterly insane. Has done so for 13 years now! :D

heavymetalbackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:03 am 

Element_man wrote:
Xim wrote:

Holy shit, this sounds exactly like me. Every detail. The visualizing thing... Man that's probably the thing that feels best when I listen ot metal that I really enjoy. Wicked.

This is all metalheads, but we don't ever talk about it, and we especially don't talk about interacting with our imaginary crowds and making sexual advances towards the attractive female fans and groupies between songs.

...and now, we shall speak no more of this.

netniwk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am 

Your head will swell up like a watermelon... you'll gain about a hundred pounds in two hours... Grow claws... bleeding warts.
And then you notice about six huge hairy tits swelling up on your back
You'll go blind... your body will turn to wax... they'll have to put you in a wheelbarrow... and when you scream for help, you'll sound like a raccoon

blackbaptism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:30 am 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Some albums makes me unable to go to bed at night, even though I might be so tired I could basically collapse on the floor. If I get into it late at night I'd stay up with the thought "just one more time...". Two I can think of right now are Moonsorrow - Voimasta Ja Kunniasta and Dissection - Storm Of The Lights Bane.

Same thing here, I can keep listening on and on even if it´s 4 am and I have to go out at 7.
If I´m listening in the street or the bus I just follow the riff with my right hand (like tremolo picking) and when I get really deep in the song I can get lost (just start walking without knowing were the hell I am)

SteelCranium
Yet Another Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 pm 

DaphneJerkedMyMuffin wrote:
I blast your mom in the face with jizz

So mature.

Anyway, I kind of gave up on headbanging due to constant pain I would get when I would run or do work. Something wierd happened and I would just get these sudden bursts of sharp pain and my doctor told me to stop. Bummer. But I still sing along to songs and once found myself singing a Naglfar song in the shower.

theheinouskilling667
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm 

netniwk wrote:
Your head will swell up like a watermelon... you'll gain about a hundred pounds in two hours... Grow claws... bleeding warts.
And then you notice about six huge hairy tits swelling up on your back
You'll go blind... your body will turn to wax... they'll have to put you in a wheelbarrow... and when you scream for help, you'll sound like a raccoon

:wtf:

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 pm 

Usually I just forget about my impending guitar lesson for a few minutes and arrive late... my teacher doesn't mind, actually. Then I blast heavy metal from his stereo and it turns out he enjoys it. Especially W.A.S.P. and Running Wild.

One time he actually asked me what Iron Maiden albums he should listen to... :D

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

Shawnathan_Mory
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:07 am 

I take my Ipod and put on some ear bud headphones, lock the door, and pretend that I am in a music video or a live concert. Throughout my experience, I might use my Ipod as a microphone and do some air guitars. Sometimes I'd even jump on my bed as if it's a moshpit and get back up to do some slam dancing.

But I always make sure the door is locked. I've been caught a few times and it's the most embarrassing feeling ever. :lol:

ohfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:18 pm 

After listening to Anaal Nathrakh's The Codex Necro last week I went on a serial arson spree resulting in 6 deaths and 4 of the 6 defiled posthumously

Hallucination Realized. Real grind shit

Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 am 

In my case, whether what I am listening to has it or not, I randomly start doing an attempt at ridiculously high Midnight style notes. And I also with do frantic foot stamping(if I am at home), and lots of air drumming(though I play guiTAR), and of course plenty of headbanging. Although ironically enough, I am never able to do any of this when performing.

DiveIntoAHolyRiver
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 pm 

Stand up in the back of a truck by Sears in the parking lot and when people walk by, throw your arms in the air and just shout "I HEAAARRR THE ECHOESSS OF YOUR SCREEEAAAMMSSS"

In school, I have caught myself air drumming to a song stuck in my head, or sometimes just sitting here doing homework. I have gone running and thrown my arms in the air and just sang my heart out. It felt good.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next