Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:28 pm 

Does anyone have any experience with these guys and their distro? I placed an order with them for the first time on October 16 and the e-check cleared on October 26. Before the e-check cleared, no confirmation of any kind was sent from them letting me know they had received my order and that it was being processed. When it cleared, it was the same deal. No e-mail notification or anything was sent letting me know if my order had been shipped out or if there was some kind problem or delay with it. I even e-mailed them myself and inquired about the status of my order and no reply was sent. It's been about two or so weeks since the e-check cleared and nothing has arrived. I'm just worried these guys might be rip-offs due to their lack of communication.

Crackerblower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 pm 

They didn't rip me off. I ordered from them a couple years ago though. It DID take over a month however. But that was because I ordered a shirt from them and that adds a couple weeks to the delivery time because they're made to order.

If you ordered a shirt or picked out a free one, if they're still doing that deal, be patient. I don't think they replied to me either when I started freaking out... HAHA

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:18 pm 

I ordered a Disgorge shirt from them last june and recieved it in Sept. Then in early nov. i ordered the same shirt in small for my girlfriend as a christmas gift. After leaving numerous e-mails I recieved the shirt in early Jan, and instead of the small i ordered I got an xl.

brooks55
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:28 pm 

I stay away from this place, I haven't heard of anyone getting completely ripped off, but I have heard numerous stories of them being really slow to ship, sending the wrong item, & lot's of their stuff being out of stock. I support several of the label's bands, but I just buy them in my local shop.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 pm 

I strongly considered buying some stuff off them when they had a deal on a few months ago. I ended up going with some things on ebay, although I'm sorely tempted by their prices on the last couple of Hour of Penance albums.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

orphy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:58 am 

I don't recall them having much communication when I ordered from them a few years ago, and the shipping can take from 3 to 6 weeks based on experience. They haven't ripped me off or anything before, though.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 am 

Judging from your posts, I'm guessing I'm in for a long-ass wait. Whatever though...as long as I get my items eventually, I'll still be happy. Thanks guys.

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 am 

Based off the responses in this thread I'll never be buying from Unique Leader.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

Hunger4HumanFeces
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 am 

I waited for my CDs for more than 6 months. Sure they are not rip offs but they are slow as fuck. As you may know the label is run by Deeds of Flesh band members and they are mostly busy touring etc so they don’t ship out an order when the payment is received, they wait until they have more than one orders and then they start shipping them out. Also I’ve heard they mostly don’t have anything in stock so when they receive orders only then they get shirts printed and ship them out. So you have to wait a little longer man.
I just love serial killers (dont we all?)

Not to derail the topic, but why should I love serial killers?

Lord_Vile
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 pm 

Since you're from Canada, you should be in for a long ass wait. I ordered a shirt from them, and it took a couple months to ship. They aren't rip-offs, just slow-shippers. Be patient.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.