Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thrasher4life
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:45 am 

I recently went out and (against my better judgement) bought a 3 inches of blood album that had been recommended by a friend. The album (Advance and Vanquish) had some sweet artwork that I have to admit I liked the look of. I got it home and played it only to realize it wasn’t for me. I have to admit that the cover artwork did dispel any misgivings I may have had and made me buy something without thinking it though.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else? Ever bought an album with amazing artwork only to be disappointed?

Also has anyone bought an album with crap artwork only for it to be great? I’m often put off by the artwork on these, as they seem to suggest that the artist hasn’t put time or effort into the album. An example of this would be Toxic holocausts first full length that has crap artwork that put me off the album for a long time.

Feel free to post the artwork for discussion.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:57 am 

Feel free to use the search function, we have several of these threads open at the moment.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.