Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 pm 

From the Band's Homepage:
Quote:
Helloween - UNARMED Best of 25th Anniversary

Hello to all Pumpkin Maniacs!

We deeply apologize the weeks of silence - which were weeks of insecurity for us - about the bands European label situation and the release date of the long awaited “UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary” album.

Thus we are proud to finally announce that we have teamed up with SONY MUSIC in coop. with SPV, to release our upcoming records!

We also want to use this opportunity to welcome the highly motivated team of SONY MUSIC in the world of Helloween and it´s fans!

Release dates of “UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary”:

December 16th, 2009 - Japan & Southeast Asia (JVC/Victor)
January 29th, 2010 - Europe (SONY/SPV)
The release dates for the American continent will be announced soon

“UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary” is a big ‘thank-you’ to all our fans, old and new all over the world! Instead of putting together a regular greatest hits compilation featuring our most successful tracks to celebrate this anniversary, we completely rearranged and rerecorded the greatest songs and melodies of our career.
Together with our tried and tested producer, Charlie Bauerfeind, we invited many great musicians to guest on this special record, with the doubtless highlight of having the 70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing "The Keeper´s Trilogy", a 17 minute medley consisting of the songs "Halloween", "Keeper of the Seven Keys" and "The King for A 1000 Years" - goose bumbs guaranteed!

Here´s a list of all songs we recorded: Dr. Stein * Future World * If I Could Fly * Where The Rain Grows * The Keeper´s Trilogy * Eagle Fly Free * Perfect Gentleman * Forever & One * I Want Out * Falling To Pieces * A Tale That wasn`t Right *

We aren’t one of those bands who like to celebrate themselves, we just want to say ‘thank you’ in our own special way to all of you who have followed us through the past 25 years - to us, this album stands for an official celebration. It was a big challenge & great experience and we had a lot of fun recording our most important tracks in an entirely new ‘outfit’ and with new arrangements - we hope you like them!

Sincerely yours,

Andi, Michael, Markus, Sascha & Dani

Discuss.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 pm 

Oh look, another disc of re-recordings. That bandwagon must be getting weighed down pretty heavily by now.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

FateMetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:04 am 

I love Helloween and I've always wanted to hear Andi sing EAGLE FLY FREE! Never really heard the live stuff.

~Guest 181720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:33 am 

I like the concept of re-recordings. I would've changed the setlist a little bit but apart from that, it is okay.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:42 am 

That Keeper's Medley sounds interesting and Fallen to Pieces is one of favorite tracks off Gambling. Probably wouldn't buy this (I don't really buy compilations) so I'll probably just download it to check it out.

MuffinMan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:14 pm 

FateMetal wrote:
I love Helloween and I've always wanted to hear Andi sing EAGLE FLY FREE! Never really heard the live stuff.

You really should, they are a good live band.

I was disappointed they released a compilation of re-recordings, since I don't dig them. I would've prefered they recorded something new instead of doing what many bands are doing at the moment.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:49 pm 

This is for the die hards only. Obviously I think we'd all rather see new material from the band, but I'm hoping the "new arrangements" offer different, interesting takes on some of my favorite songs ever!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.