Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FullmoonWitchery
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:27 pm 

LordOfTerror wrote:
LetTheReignBegin wrote:
Biedrik wrote:
Well over here in Mass a lot of shows happen at a venue (The Palladium) that pretty much always has a barrier up, so it's not like you really can stage dive. I've done it at other venues, but since many shows happen there, I don't get to do it, and neither do other people.

Thats odd, I remember going to a Kreator concert in The Palladium once and I saw quite a few stage-divers

I've only ever seen one stage diver on the main stage at the Palladium, the guy didn't come from within the crowd, though, he came from somewhere backstage. Dude managed to clear the barrier, though, it was pretty epic.

Also, when I saw Sunn O))) live last month, some idiot stage dived then stormed out of the venue. The crowd wasn't quite ready for him, lol

The upstairs venue allows stagediving. Tons of people were at the Obituary show there in September.

MuffinMan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 pm 

There is a lot of crowd surfing in here. At least at the last Kreator and Arch Enemy shows there were ton of people going over my head. I'm not fond of this, but... it isn't my back and head at stake.

I just see people falling on their heads... that must really hurt! I actually helped a guy get up after he broke his fall with a step and his head... he just got up and headbanged.

Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 pm 

LetTheReignBegin wrote:
Biedrik wrote:
Well over here in Mass a lot of shows happen at a venue (The Palladium) that pretty much always has a barrier up, so it's not like you really can stage dive. I've done it at other venues, but since many shows happen there, I don't get to do it, and neither do other people.

Thats odd, I remember going to a Kreator concert in The Palladium once and I saw quite a few stage-divers
When was this? I saw Kreator there in April, where I was at the barrier, and I don't think I saw any stage divers.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:18 pm 

aveksx wrote:
DeadXManiac wrote:
I've stagedived but mostly every gig I go to people would rather hardcore dance then stagedive.

Metalcore dance. Fighting the invisible ninjas has nothing to do with hardcore punk.

On the contrary, metalcore ninja dancing 'evolved' from hardcore dancing, which is more sophisticated. There is a "Sick of it all" video that shows various moves of hardcore dancing.

Also, there is a distinct difference between hardcore dancing and the ninja shit, the ninja shit is more chaotic and disorganized, while with hardcore dancing people leave space for other people, sometimes many people do the same move (like the picking up coins move) and hardcore dancing also involves traditional moshing and circle pits, whereas ninja metalcore dancers don't even know what a circle pit is.

As for stage diving, I dislike it. If there is crowd surfing going on at the same time, there's no safe "direction" to look... I just avoid the front in general at most shows these days anyway.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:42 pm 

Buried_Death wrote:
Just go to a Municipal Waste gig it's full of stage dives - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gx0su4kuRk

That would require listening to Municipal Waste.

LetTheReignBegin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 pm 

Biedrik wrote:
LetTheReignBegin wrote:
Biedrik wrote:

When was this? I saw Kreator there in April, where I was at the barrier, and I don't think I saw any stage divers.

Yeah, it was in April, and near the end of the show I saw some stage diving.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2