Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:13 am 

I just saw Corpse just hours ago in Melbourne.
It was a lot better than the 2006 show which made me almost not go to this one because of what I thought was a big letdown (the venue was probably the reason, fuck the Hi Fi Bar!)

I thought it was a great show overall, Corpsegrinder had great stage precence and made some great humour, gorey puns.
Alex's bass sounded so top notch too, didn't miss a beat with that mother fucker!
The sound was great, the atmosphere, the crowd. Some guy was even dressed as a clown for some reason.
The only set back was the small amount of earlier works played, my favourite era of the band.

What did you think of it?

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 am 

Brisbanite repoting a fine night had by all.

Zombies47
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 pm 

Cyrax666 wrote:
It was a lot better than the 2006 show which made me almost not go to this one because of what I thought was a big letdown (the venue was probably the reason, fuck the Hi Fi Bar!)

I thought it was a great show overall, Corpsegrinder had great stage precence and made some great humour, gorey puns.
Alex's bass sounded so top notch too, didn't miss a beat with that mother fucker!
The sound was great, the atmosphere, the crowd. Some guy was even dressed as a clown for some reason.
The only set back was the small amount of earlier works played, my favourite era of the band.

The clown guy was weird.

I had a great time at Billboard. Accidentally head butted some girl, but she was fine.

Before I saw Corpsegrinder, I never thought a dude could command such stage presence by standing in one spot for an hour.

I thought Sun Tzu were an odd choice for support.

Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 pm 

I thought the clown guys outfit was kinda cool, cross between Clockwork Orange, sorta like what Mike Patton wore in the video for From Out Of Nowhere.

There was some drunk, cute chick in a Bathory shirt in front of me I kept accidently headbutting too and she just giggled everytime, that was weird.

okram_09
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:20 pm 

They did a great show here in sydney. Ouroboros/Dred opened and did a great job too.

steady666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm 

Cyrax666 wrote:

I swear I saw you, I remember you posting a picture of yourself and I was looking at you for a while trying to think where I had seen you before.

Anyway great fucking gig got to meet Corpsegrinder before the show, got a photo with him, still can't wipe the smile off my face. I was a little disappointed with the setlist but overall still quite strong(wasn't enough off Bloodthirst which is their best album imo). I was all over the place, at one point I was right in-front of Corpsegrinder and Alex, then I was way over on the other side with Pat with a huge group of girls (one of whom wouldn't stop rubbing up against me...:p). Also got to shake hands with Pat and Alex after they finished.

Supports sucked. Sun Tzu and their fans can go get fucked. People like that should not play music. I was expecting better from TDEBN as well.

Oh and what the fuck was the deal with the pub across the road not letting any of us in after the show??? Fucking discrimination. The security at billboards were wankers as well.

What's this clown person? I don't recall seeing anyone like that...

Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka

Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm 

Hell of a show in Adelaide. Even managed to mostly overcome Fowlers shitty acoustics.

Weird choice of support bands though.

lewman123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 pm 

okram_09 wrote:
They did a great show here in sydney. Ouroboros/Dred opened and did a great job too.

Yeah I think I enjoyed Ouroboros more than CC. Was a good gig.

Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47 pm 

steady666 wrote:
Cyrax666 wrote:

I swear I saw you, I remember you posting a picture of yourself and I was looking at you for a while trying to think where I had seen you before.

Anyway great fucking gig got to meet Corpsegrinder before the show, got a photo with him, still can't wipe the smile off my face. I was a little disappointed with the setlist but overall still quite strong(wasn't enough off Bloodthirst which is their best album imo). I was all over the place, at one point I was right in-front of Corpsegrinder and Alex, then I was way over on the other side with Pat with a huge group of girls (one of whom wouldn't stop rubbing up against me...:p). Also got to shake hands with Pat and Alex after they finished.

Supports sucked. Sun Tzu and their fans can go get fucked. People like that should not play music. I was expecting better from TDEBN as well.

Oh and what the fuck was the deal with the pub across the road not letting any of us in after the show??? Fucking discrimination. The security at billboards were wankers as well.

What's this clown person? I don't recall seeing anyone like that...

Should've just come and said hello. I was in a Bathory shirt, black cargos with a friend who looks like Poppin' Fresh.

I missed Sun Tzu so I didn't care, I didn't think TDEBN were THAT bad, one of my favourite local bands.

I didn't see the clown until after the show, my friend goes "Holy shit, man I saw a clown crowd surfing!"

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.