Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
prick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm 

So after failsafeman tried to intimidate me with his threats, I thought about it, and decided to post a great topic. You know these Internet tough guys. You're either with them or against them.

Avenged Sevenfold is a good metal band. Sure they're not as great as from the classics and whatnot. But after looking at the transition they've made from sub-par music to actual metal, I have to give them some credit.

So, many of you are going to disagree. And honestly, I couldn't care less. No wait, I could. But the point is we all have tastes and these guys are putting out a type of metal music that is actually listenable.

Forgive me if I don't think the mediocre "metal" bands with one tone vocals, 2 chord playing guitars, and beer can drums are actually good.

So failsafeman, are you going to show me the door for voicing my opinion in this topic? Is it better constructed? Does this make you happy and all giddy on the inside? I sure hope so. I put a little more effort into it and wouldn't want you to threaten me again.

Biedrik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 pm 

prick wrote:
Forgive me if I don't think the mediocre "metal" bands with one tone vocals, 2 chord playing guitars, and beer can drums are actually good.

*facepalm*

You really don't know what most of us listen to, do you?

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 pm 

This thread will fail, but in essence I agree with you. Mainstream radio rock meets metal is far more appealing to me than a lot of the experimental/drone/avant-garde metal floating around now, and as such I don't mind City of Evil at all.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 pm 

prick wrote:
So after failsafeman tried to intimidate me with his threats, I thought about it, and decided to post a great topic. You know these Internet tough guys. You're either with them or against them.

Avenged Sevenfold is a good metal band. Sure they're not as great as from the classics and whatnot. But after looking at the transition they've made from sub-par music to actual metal, I have to give them some credit.

So, many of you are going to disagree. And honestly, I couldn't care less. No wait, I could. But the point is we all have tastes and these guys are putting out a type of metal music that is actually listenable.

So failsafeman, are you going to show me the door for voicing my opinion in this topic? Is it better constructed? Does this make you happy and all giddy on the inside? I sure hope so. I put a little more effort into it and wouldn't want you to threaten me again.

failsafeman isn't an 'internet tough guy' who is trying to 'intimidate' you. He's a moderator who warned you already about making topics like this.

I'm just curious, what did you envision when you created this thread? What exactly are we supposed to discuss? You didn't pose any questions in your original post, you only gave your views on a terrible band.

If you get another chance with the forums, please put more thought into threads that you're planning on making, or don't make them at all.

Dettigers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:08 pm 

I would give you the name of a few bands I like but to be honest I don't want you any where near them. You would think that they just play 2 chords and play on beer cans or something.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:12 pm 

I do agree with you that Avenged Sevenfold is good, (at least their first 3 albums are,) but I must say, some of what you said bothered me.

Putrid_Grind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 pm 

Talking shit about someone who gave you a second chance to not be retarded and talking about Avenged Sevenfold is your idea of a good topic? :lol:

If you don't care what anyone else thinks, then why did you make a big stink about it? And A7X is "listenable metal" as opposed to what?

Regurgitation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:22 pm 

Putrid_Grind wrote:
Talking shit about someone who gave you a second chance to not be retarded and talking about Avenged Sevenfold is your idea of a good topic? :lol:

If you don't care what anyone else thinks, then why did you make a big stink about it? And A7X is "listenable metal" as opposed to what?

Bands with one tone vocals, 2 chord playing guitars, and beer can drums.

lewman123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:27 pm 

Avenged Sevenfold are not good.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:30 pm 

Regurgitation wrote:
Putrid_Grind wrote:

Bands with one tone vocals, 2 chord playing guitars, and beer can drums.

aka Waking the Cadaver

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:30 pm 

First of all this site regards them as non-metal so this should be in the Tavern and may be locked just for that reason alone. Also threads about so called 'mallcore' bands often end up with just flaming.

Your attitude towards a moderator is also a poor sign. Showing them more respect would be a good start.

I don't think Aveneged Sevenfold is that bad musically and they are one of the few 'mallcore' bands that actually play decent solos however I clearly see them as not metal. The vocalist is whiny and horrid to my ears which is the sole reason why I can't stand them.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:36 pm 

Visionary wrote:
I don't think Aveneged Sevenfold is that bad musically and they are one of the few 'mallcore' bands that actually play decent solos however I clearly see them as not metal. The vocalist is whiny and horrid to my ears which is the sole reason why I can't stand them.

Their new album is utter shit.
But 'Waking The Fallen,' though it was metalcore, was absolutely fantastic.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 pm 

Seriously though, if I ever found the eternity it would require to get far enough down the list of bands I'd rather listen to first, I would go back to the top and start again sooner than bother with Avenged Sevenfold.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 pm 

I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of Avenged Sevenfold, they sound like a 3rd rate Guns N' Roses clone with even more nasally and annoying vocals.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 pm 

I've never liked this band, even in my scream / emo / indie days. Never understood the appeal with their shitty vocals and gimmicky sound.

Me and these douches go way back Excuse a couple other reviews on that page :lol:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Xim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 pm 

Their early stuff is metalcore (not true metal) and their later stuff I would describe as alternative metal (again, not true metal) or simply modern hard rock. Thus they don't belong on this website.

Possum Vomit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm 

Avenged Sevenfold are not metal.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Me and these douches go way back Excuse a couple other reviews on that page :lol:

Now that's awesome. A review that doesn't review anything but shits on all the scene kids and 13-year-olds that love the garbage. I approve. :thumbsup:

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 pm 

cremationconfetti wrote:
Visionary wrote:

Their new album is utter shit.
But 'Waking The Fallen,' though it was metalcore, was absolutely fantastic.

I have heard that album as one of my friends loves it though I still think it isn't metal apart from an occasional moment. Everyone draws the line where they wish though which deviates from person to person.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:33 pm 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Now that's awesome. A review that doesn't review anything but shits on all the scene kids and 13-year-olds that love the garbage. I approve. :thumbsup:

:lol: the one good thing about Amazon = you don't actually have to review the product. I did hear the album though, and it deserves the one-star rating. Notice the date - that's how I lived before Metal Archives.

But yes, the band doesn't belong here on the archives. Pretty much alternative / metalcore that doesn't really bring up a whole lot of metal.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Putrid_Grind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:44 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

:lol: the one good thing about Amazon = you don't actually have to review the product. I did hear the album though, and it deserves the one-star rating. Notice the date - that's how I lived before Metal Archives.

But yes, the band doesn't belong here on the archives. Pretty much alternative / metalcore that doesn't really bring up a whole lot of metal.

lol Slayer reference- That'll learn 'em!

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 pm 

Putrid_Grind wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

lol Slayer reference- That'll learn 'em!

Speaking of slayer I saw one of the review names as 'Nu Metal Slayers'. Nu metal, no. Something completely different and twice as worse, yes.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.